Trump’s latest big interview is both funny and terrifying

Reasonable

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2017
He even whiffs at the softball questions from his favorite station.

It’s not exactly a news flash at this point that Donald Trump isn’t very fluent on questions of public policy, but his interview over the weekend with Fox Business Channel’s Maria Bartiromo is really a sobering reminder of the levels of ignorance and dishonesty that the country is dealing with.
Bartiromo is an extraordinarily soft interviewer who doesn’t ask Trump any difficult questions or press him on any subject. That makes the extent to which he manages to flub the interview all the more striking.

He’s simply incapable of discussing any topic at any length in anything remotely resembling an informed or coherent way.

He says the Federal Reserve is “important psychotically” and it’s part of one of his better answers, since one can at least tell that he meant to say “psychologically.”
By contrast, it’s often hard to make any sense at all of Trump’s words. Asked whether he plans to tie an infrastructure plan to his tax plan, Trump says, “I was thinking about tying it, but there’s too many honestly.” Too many what? He then continues: “You lose a few votes, you gain a few votes. I don’t want to take any chances ’cause I feel we have the votes right now the way it is.” There is, of course, no tax bill at the moment, so there’s no way Trump has the votes for it.

It’s a funny interview in many ways. Along with being comically ignorant, Trump for some reason keeps referring to Chief of Staff John Kelly as “elegant.” But the prospect of a president of the United States who’s incapable of talking about any of the many issues he oversees in a reasonable way is also pretty scary.

Trump’s latest big interview is both funny and terrifying — Vox

• Banned
Trump doesn’t know anything about any issue.
Watching and listening to him daily that’s very apparent! .

It’s not exactly a news flash at this point that Donald Trump isn’t very fluent on questions of public policy, but his interview over the weekend with Fox Business Channel’s Maria Bartiromo is really a sobering reminder of the levels of ignorance and dishonesty that the country is dealing with.
Bartiromo is an extraordinarily soft interviewer who doesn’t ask Trump any difficult questions or press him on any subject. That makes the extent to which he manages to flub the interview all the more striking.

He’s simply incapable of discussing any topic at any length in anything remotely resembling an informed or coherent way.

He says the Federal Reserve is “important psychotically” and it’s part of one of his better answers, since one can at least tell that he meant to say “psychologically.”
By contrast, it’s often hard to make any sense at all of Trump’s words. Asked whether he plans to tie an infrastructure plan to his tax plan, Trump says, “I was thinking about tying it, but there’s too many honestly.” Too many what? He then continues: “You lose a few votes, you gain a few votes. I don’t want to take any chances ’cause I feel we have the votes right now the way it is.” There is, of course, no tax bill at the moment, so there’s no way Trump has the votes for it.

It’s a funny interview in many ways. Along with being comically ignorant, Trump for some reason keeps referring to Chief of Staff John Kelly as “elegant.” But the prospect of a president of the United States who’s incapable of talking about any of the many issues he oversees in a reasonable way is also pretty scary.

4D chess :rofl:

4D chess :rofl:

• Banned

And yet he's president, and rules your ass.
THe excuses just get funnier the more this prez reveals how little he knows.
A true American would be startled and worried.
Asshole DEPLORABLES like you just play ostrich..

Define a "true American" as you see it.
Someone who cares more about his country that propping up an incompetent prez.

Trump is the best president America has had in decades.

He loves the American people; and the American people love him.

We are lucky to have such a great man as our leader. .... :thup:

As a table setter, here is Trump attempting to tout a report by his own Council of Economic Advisers arguing that cutting the corporate tax rate to 20 percent will raise the average American household’s wages by $4,000:

And I think that there’s tremendous appetite. There’s tremendous spirit for it, not only by the people we’re dealing with in Congress but for the people out there that want to see something — $5,000, almost. It can be $5,000 average per individual — per group. And so I’m really looking forward to it. Let’s see what happens.

Of course $4,000 and $5,000 are different amounts of money, as you will swiftly learn if you attempt to give someone $4,000 to discharge a $5,000 debt. And individuals aren’t households. Trump seems to have kinda sorta caught himself on this one and corrected himself from “per individual” to “per group.” But of course there are all kinds of groups.

That is Trump’s grasp of his administration’s analysis of his own No. 1 policy priority — he can’t remember either the amount of money involved or the unit of analysis.

Dipshits: but we won we won.

Trump is the best president America has had in decades.

He loves the American people, and the American people love him.

We are lucky to have such a great man as our leader. .... :thup:
It's quite obvious this fraud only cares about himself and his money.
32% of America loves him.
68% see him for the buffoon he is.

Bartiromo keeps ineptly trying to cover for Trump
Another signature quality of the interview is that since Trump is actually totally incapable of answering softball questions, Bartiromo has to try to lead him by the nose to delivering on-message propaganda. Trump, however, is not that cooperative with this agenda.

Cutting taxes on the rich, for example, is unpopular. So the White House’s plan to get tax cuts on the rich passed is to lie about it and pretend they’re actually proposing a big middle-class tax cut. Bartiromo tries to get Trump to say that, but he keeps getting distracted by his desire to tell a name-dropping story about the owner of the New England Patriots:

BARTIROMO: If the top earners pay 80 percent of the taxes, why are you so afraid to cut taxes on the top earners?

TRUMP: I think this, look, you know, I am very happy with the way I’ve done part of this in my civilian life, all right.

BARTIROMO: Of course. This is not about —

TRUMP: Other people — well, it’s about me representing rich people.

BARTIROMO: Okay.

TRUMP: Representing — being representative of rich people. Very interesting to me Bob Kraft was down. He was very nice. He owns the Patriots. He gave me a Super Bowl ring a month ago. And he —

BARTIROMO: Well, Putin took his —

TRUMP: Which was very nice. That’s right. But he left this beautiful ring, and I immediately give it to the White House and they put it some place, and that’s the way it is.

BARTIROMO: That’s great.

TRUMP: He said to me — he’s a good man. He said to me you have to do us all a favor, give the tax decrease to the middle class, we don’t need it. We don’t need it. We don’t want it. Give it to the middle class. And, I’ve had many people, very wealthy people, tell me the very same thing. I’ve had very few say I want more, I want more.

Where were you the last eight years?

Where were you the last eight years?
Watching a competent president, one we don't have to daily cringe over. Are you reading this interview?
Did you see it?
Not surprised you won't mention it.
Deflection is all you have to cover for this boob.

Trump gets all kinds of facts wrong
Sometimes Trump’s factual errors are just a little bit of puffery.

Bartiromo says, “You see the job creation, as well this year,” to which Trump replies, “It’s been fantastic.” In reality, job creation this year — while okay — has been somewhat slower than job creation in 2016 or 2015.

He also gets numbers wrong, like when he says, “If we pick up one point on GDP that’s $2.5 trillion if you think of.” The right number would be $185 billion, so Trump missed the mark by a couple of trillion bucks — which is a lot of money even for a rich guy.

Trump also brags of last quarter’s 3.2 percent GDP growth that “we haven’t been there in a long time; it’s been a long time.” In fact, we had a stronger growth quarters in Q1 of 2015, Q3 of 2014, Q2 of 2014, Q4 of 2013, and Q3 of 2013. There’s nothing particularly unusual about it, in other words.

Trump, however, compounds his vague misstatement with some extra detail, saying, “As you know, the previous administration didn’t hit it for the year for eight years,” which isn’t remotely true, before reiterating, “In eight years it didn’t hit it at all.”

He says the trade deficit with Mexico is “almost $70 billion a year” when the right number is $55 billion, and that “there is hardly a country” with which the United States runs a trade surplus. “I can name two,” Trump concedes. The Census Bureau, however, has a full top 10 list, starting with Hong Kong, the Netherlands, and Belgium but also featuring Australia, Brazil, Egypt, and the United Kingdom.

Trump claims to “have made more progress against ISIS in the last nine months than in the last eight years,” when ISIS is only about four or five years old.

Roflmao

Pres. Trump is an awesome leader, and a master politician.

He is an astute negotiator when dealing with foreign leaders.

We are truly a blessed nation to have him in the White House. ... :cool:

This guy was so unprepared to be president it couldn't be more obvious. The sad part he has no interest in learning about his own policies nor how to be a president.

Pres. Trump is an awesome leader, and a master politician.

He is an astute negotiator when dealing with foreign leaders.

We are truly a blessed nation to have him in the White House. ... :cool:
Sounds like something from the Onion.

Forum List

Back