Trump's India challenge: Be a better friend than Russia

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I would love to see a Indo - US friendship in my lifetime. I hope Trump can pull this difficult task off.

(I agree with the title of this article but content is somewhat lacking. But, hey, it is a long weekend :))

---

India's announcement of a $500 million purchase of Russian warships on Tuesday again illustrates why the U.S. must build stronger relations with the South Asian nation. Absent our close attention to India's interests and concerns, New Delhi will gravitate closer to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The scale of Putin's success in cultivating India is certainly impressive. This most recent purchase follows India's $5.4 billion agreement last month to buy the S-400 air defense system. India and Russia have also jointly developed a supersonic cruise missile with launch platform flexibility. All of this activity ignores U.S. sanctions that are expressly designed to prevent Chinese and Russian arms exports.

Yet it reflects that India sees Russia as a more valuable arms partner than the U.S. It's true that Russia's offer of cheaper-than-U.S. exports is attractive to India, but Russia also brings outsize benefit in programs like the S-400, for example, which is the world's finest air defense system. And while Trump administration is correcting the Obama administration's error and enabling India quicker access to more and better U.S. military technologies, and to membership of the nuclear suppliers group, it will take time and new U.S. capabilities to effectively wean India off the Russian export market. In the short term, that means America must tolerate Indian dealings with the Russians that we would not otherwise accept. But over time we must make it so that America is India's manifestly preferred partner. We have a natural democratic baseline on which to build that relationship, but doing so will require our attention to every Indian concern.

In the end, this isn't about Russia. It's about availing ourselves of a partnership to maintain the American-led liberal international order in the 21st century. That means building a superpower alignment that constrains the economic, political, and military imperialism of Xi Jinping's China.

Trump's India challenge: Be a better friend than Russia

Indian's are some pretty "Cool" people, they're my favorite of the "Non-Whites" in fact I much prefer India, over some berserk Whites like Germans, and English peoples.

India has a rich culture, and has been historically peaceful.

Heck, for such a poor country, India's murder rate is pretty low.

Believe it or not, most U.S.A cities despite being much richer, tower over India's murder rate.

In fact, some slums in India, have murder rates below Boston.

You can't make this up, and Boston isn't even particularly bad by U.S.A standards, even.

Henry Kissinger once quipped that "it may be dangerous to be America's enemy, but to be America's friend is fatal."

A Fatal Friendship?

I actually have more positive feelings about Indians, than Russians, so sorry, but Russians are kind of savages in comparison to India.

Note that India doesn't have the history of mass-genocide, or murder rates of Russia.

Finno-Ugric genes in Russia make them unstable, because they're partially Chinese (Siberian) type people.

Henry Kissinger once quipped that "it may be dangerous to be America's enemy, but to be America's friend is fatal."

A Fatal Friendship?

People like Henry Kissinger have prevented formation of trust between India and US. His ilk has caused more harm to US than anything foreign can ever do.
You may be right, but Kissinger is right too. And my home country of Ukraine (we call her uk-Ruin now) is a bright confirmation to that: it's a corrupt mess honoring and breeding Nazis.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Vikrant !

A Fatal Friendship?

People like Henry Kissinger have prevented formation of trust between India and US. His ilk has caused more harm to US than anything foreign can ever do.
You may be right, but Kissinger is right too. And my home country of Ukraine (we call her uk-Ruin now) is a bright confirmation to that: it's a corrupt mess honoring and breeding Nazis.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Vikrant !

Thank you for a happy thanksgiving wish!

Kissinger is part of the gang that has created this situation where friendship with US becomes fatal. That is why he knows it so well.

The same gang is responsible for problems in Ukraine.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back