Trump's imaginary history

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
And Teddy Roosevelt was pissed off about Pearl Harbor
Reagan was really angry over 9-11

Note to President Trump: Andrew Jackson wasn't alive for the Civil War

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War."

This is in the vein of imagining various alternate histories of the United States.

"He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart."

Jackson was known for his temper and his loyalty to his friends, so this is OK.

"He was really angry that-- he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War."

Jackson did not, because Jackson was dead.

"He said, 'There's no reason for this.'"

See above.

Jessica Estepa , USA TODAYPublished 10:27 a.m. ET May 1, 2017 | Updated 41 minutes ago

In audio posted on Monday, President Trump said Andrew Jackson, the seventh president of the United States, was "really angry" about what was happening with the Civil War.

There's one major problem with that statement: Jackson died in 1845, nearly 16 years before the Civil War began.

Let's dissect the full quote, sentence by sentence.

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War."

This is in the vein of imagining various alternate histories of the United States.

"He was really angry that-- he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War."

See above.

Trump's quote came during an interview with the Washington Examiner's Salena Zito. The two discussed Trump's visit to Tennessee in March, during which he toured the Hermitage, laid a wreath at Jackson's tomb and called him the "people's president."

The orange clown is simply the most ignorant President that we have ever had. Ignorant of history, of governmental procedure to get things done, ignorant of all aspects of science. A real fucked up dummy, and he is President. LOL

His Orangeness is ignorant about American history.

It is not just that he is ignorant about US History but he claims to be Andrew Jacksons biggest fan and is emulating his Presidency. Read a freak'n book about Jackson
There are dozens of documentaries and videos

But Trump just makes shit up to support his agenda

Andrew Jackson stopped secession when he came into office. SC had talked about it for decades.
If im not mistaken, his efforts lead way to the compromise of 1850.
Probably what he was talking about..

See above.

Ether your English or intellect are severely challenged. Or both come to think of it.

If it hadn't been for a string of terrible presidents between Jackson and Lincoln, with the exception of Polk, the Civil War might well have been preempted. It is not unlike the folly we've experienced since Clinton's second term. Hopefully Trump will succeed where others have failed.

If it hadn't been for a string of terrible presidents between Jackson and Lincoln, with the exception of Polk, the Civil War might well have been preempted. It is not unlike the folly we've experienced since Clinton's second term. Hopefully Trump will succeed where others have failed.

first he should succeed at learning basic American History

Did he say that Jackson was angry about what was going on with the civil war or was he angry about what he saw happening with regard to the civil war?

Jackson saw what was happening with secession. He stopped early efforts at secession. Had he been a little bit later, he might have found a compromise to avoid civil war

Again, Trump was right. It took liberal lies to make it appear thst he was wrong.

See above.

Ether your English or intellect are severely challenged. Or both come to think of it.

Trump said it...not me

I'm not sure what Trump meant by "I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War."

Jackson owned 160 slaves and favored slavery. Does Trump wish that Jackson would have preserved slavery?
Which side does Trump think Jackson would have been on?

Last edited:

See above.

Trump said it...not me

I'm not sure what Trump meant by "I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War."

Jackson owned 160 slaves and favored slavery. Does Trump wish that Jackson would have preserved slavery?
Jackson was a consequential president. His leadership was sorely missed in the run-up to the Civil War. "Had" in this case means "if". Ask a native speaker if you have problems. Had you had a better grasp of the English language, you would have had no problem with the third conditional.

See above.

Trump said it...not me

Jackson was a consequential president. His leadership was sorely missed in the run-up to the Civil War. "Had" in this case means "if". Ask a native speaker if you have problems. Had you had a better grasp of the English language, you would have had no problem with the third conditional.

He was really angry that-- he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War."

Reading is FUNdamental!

Last edited:
Righwinger's command of the language dwarfs that of meathead.

The point is that Trump really had no grasp of Jackson's presidency and did not really know where he fit in during the first half of the 19th century American history.

Since Jackson was pro slavery, anti First Peoples, and wanted Texas and California in the Union, the CW would have come despite him living a bit later. His unionism would not have been strong enough to counter the much stronger growth of secessionism later in the 1850s.

Andrew Jackson stopped secession when he came into office. SC had talked about it for decades.
If im not mistaken, his efforts lead way to the compromise of 1850.
Probably what he was talking about..
People rate that funny, but no one wants to touch it. This is like the media crucifying him for saying that shit about china and korea.. He was right..

The biggest folly that has happened since Clinton's second term is the degradation of respect and honesty coming from our leadership and media. Americans don't know who to trust and with the exponential growth in media outlets all catering to their audience for ratings, Social media, the sea of lies coming from our leaders as they posture, spin and distort positions to gain political favor, and the effectiveness of negative campaigning to smear the opposition... Its created an atmosphere of misinformation and partisan division that seems to only grow and grow. It's an ugly side of intellectually dishonest humans that do not deserve the spotlight. It is a false driver of divide and controversy... and our new president seems to be leading the charge down this horrible path we are on.

The civil war, by the way, was a human rights fight for freedom over the issue of Slavery. Very very different from the bullshit imaginary controversies the talking heads are arguing about in modern times.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back