Trump's ICE to return immigrants to communist Vietnam

He knows that it's too "hard" to round up all the illegals in the first place, so he's going after the low hanging fruit first.

And I'm also curious how many veterans of the South Vietnamese Army are in that group.

U.S. seeks to deport thousands of Vietnamese protected by treaty:...

I cannot believe this, it's like Cadet Bone Spurs doesn't want to accept the Vietnam War ever took place.

To top it off, it seems some have not been convicted of any crime and some could even be US citizens, as far as I can tell from the article. Most have been in the US for a long time as well.

So when did the US Senate ratify this "TREATY"?

Didn't read the link, did you?

A 2008 bilateral agreement between Vietnam and the United States states that “Vietnamese citizens are not subject to return to Vietnam” if they “arrived in the United States before July 12, 1995”.

Did you miss the part that the vast majority of these folks have criminal records? I quote from the article:

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesman, Brendan Raedy, said that as of December last year, there were 8,600 Vietnamese nationals in the United States subject to deportation and “7,821 have criminal convictions."​

Did you miss that?

Did you miss the part that the vast majority of these folks have criminal records? I quote from the article:

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesman, Brendan Raedy, said that as of December last year, there were 8,600 Vietnamese nationals in the United States subject to deportation and “7,821 have criminal convictions."​

Did you miss that?

Did you also notice that they didn't differentiate between misdemeanors and felonies, or even how many convictions each of them may have had?

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesman, Brendan Raedy, said that as of December last year, there were 8,600 Vietnamese nationals in the United States subject to deportation and “7,821 have criminal convictions”.

Yeah ya failed to mention THAT!

A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spokesman, Brendan Raedy, said that as of December last year, there were 8,600 Vietnamese nationals in the United States subject to deportation and “7,821 have criminal convictions”.

How many of them were felonies, and how many were misdemeanors? That little nugget of information is not there.

Doesn

How many of them were felonies, and how many were misdemeanors? That little nugget of information is not there.
Doesn't matter. Criminal is a criminal.

Doesn

So, if someone was convicted of some misdemeanor like jaywalking or something stupid like that, you are okay with them being sent to be executed by a communist government?

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Doesn

So, if someone was convicted of some misdemeanor like jaywalking or something stupid like that, you are okay with them being sent to be executed by a communist government?
No one gets convicted of jaywalking LOL....liberals are funny.

He said some immigrants had been involved in serious crimes. But, he added, “there was an agreement in 2008 that the cases between 1975 and 1995 would be left alone”.

According to ICE figures, 71 Vietnamese people were deported to Vietnam last year, compared to 35 in 2016, and 32 in 2015. The figures do not state when the deportees arrived in the United States.

From the article.

So, criminals such as this-

Vietnamese and U.S. officials in 2008 signed a repatriation memorandum that in part said Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in America before 1995 would not be subject to deportation. Activists, however, said some of the individuals detained in October arrived before 1995, leaving them to wonder whether some of these deportations are legal.

Jenny Zhao, a staff attorney for Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus, said many of the immigrants who were detained were lawful permanent residents with valid visas but were subject to deportation because of past criminal convictions. ICE was previously forced to release them because their home countries didn’t honor U.S. removal orders, she said...

...I had no idea why they would ask for him but I told them to come back later,” said Khamvongsa. The agents returned at 5:30 a.m. the next day and arrested Neth as he left for work, she said. He was later transferred to a detention facility in Louisiana where he awaits deportation.

“The first day they took him, I couldn’t stop crying,” said Khamvongsa, a Laotian immigrant. “It’s been hard since he’s been gone. He’s the one that’s kept the family together. He pushes us to do things.”

Neth came to the U.S. at age 10 with his parents and three sisters, according to his wife. Fleeing the Khmer Rouge communist regime, the family settled in Modesto, where Neth got into trouble as a teen, she said.

Khamvongsa said Neth was convicted of possessing stolen guns at age 19 or 20. That led to a removal order in 2002 — the year Cambodian officials signed a repatriation agreement with the U.S.
Deportations of Vietnamese, Cambodians leave Bay Area Asian immigrants shaken

Forum List

Back