Trump's GDP Growth as bad as Obama's

I'm not a partisan shill for either dying party. Go wrestle with someone who is.. I just educated you that the graph you presented is NOT the same GDP growth measurement that will be historically recorded.YOU ------------------ don't get any of this. I'm sorry for you.. But I tried..

You said that graph I posted measured growth from quarter to quarter. IT DIDN'T.

You then posted a link to a graph that showed growth within each quarter. A graph that showed the same fucking thing my graph showed.

So you rushed your way through a response, sloppily, because...why? Was it really that important to you to prove to everyone here you know what you're talking about (you don't, BTW), than it was to be accurate and precise? Sure fuckin' looks like it to me.

Conservatives absolutely have no personal responsibility.

I didn't "rush thru" anything. Patiently explained to you that what YOU POSTED was Q to Q data.

NO WRONG!

It's not measuring the growth quarter to quarter.

It's measuring the growth in the quarter.

You're still fucking wrong.

It's measuring the growth of the current quarter ONLY with respect to the PREVIOUS quarter. Therefore if there was NEGATIVE or low growth in the previous quarter -- the result will be embarrassingly inaccurate and OVER stated. It's unreliable as statistic for any TREND in GDP.. That's why Y to Y is preferred.

Don't expect you to "get that'. You're only interested in numbers that "look good" for your assertions and political biases. But that childish shit stops when it comes to facts and how historically the GDP rate will be recorded.

The Q to Q data is ONLY really used by folks trying to bet on markets and SHORT TERM trends...

Jesus fucking Christ...

Here's the chart I posted:

united-states-gdp-growth.png
\

Here's the link you posted that says the exact same fucking thing.

Now you're trying to tell me that my chart up there isn't the same thing as the link you posted right there.

I contend that this stupid discussion is because you're a sloppy and inarticulate person who rushes through responses without bothering to know the specifics of what you're saying. And so far, you haven't proven otherwise.

And yes, quarterly earnings are just as important to a corporations as annual earnings are, maybe even moreso.

What is the TITLE of that graph? Does it say US GDP? Or does it say US GDP GROWTH RATE? But what it DOESN'T say is whether that growth rate is quarter to quarter -- or year to year. Economists use BOTH.

OMG, you stupid fucking idiot. IT'S US QUARTERLY GDP GROWTH RATE. <-There's the link for ya since you're too fat, entitled, and lazy to do the work yourself.

32 bars = 32 quarters = 8 years

I see what you're trying to do. You're trying to conflate and obfuscate by jumping between measurements, which you did twice in this thread so far. Not clever. #ConservaFAIL

Why is it that Conservatives can never be honest about anything? It's because lying is inherent in the beleif system. If you can successfully lie to yourself as you have, then lying to everyone else is no problem.

You're a sociopath.

SERIOUSLY MAN??? You that DENSE? Reading challenged.

OK very S-L-O-W-L-Y ...................... HOW MANY LINKS DID I POST in that reply??

What did the OTHER link show?? If can't answer those questions -- we're done. You need a full time tutor..

What is the TITLE of that graph? Does it say US GDP? Or does it say US GDP GROWTH RATE? But what it DOESN'T say is whether that growth rate is quarter to quarter -- or year to year. Economists use BOTH.

OMG, you stupid fucking idiot. IT'S US QUARTERLY GDP GROWTH RATE. <-There's the link for ya since you're too fat, entitled, and lazy to do the work yourself.

I see what you're trying to do. You're trying to conflate and obfuscate by jumping between measurements, which you did twice in this thread so far. Not clever. #ConservaFAIL

Why is it that Conservatives can never be honest about anything? It's because lying is inherent in the beleif system. If you can successfully lie to yourself as you have, then lying to everyone else is no problem.

You're a sociopath.

OK very S-L-O-W-L-Y ...................... HOW MANY LINKS DID I POST in that reply??

What did the OTHER link show?? If can't answer those questions -- we're done. You need a full time tutor..

The other link shows annual growth as opposed to quarterly. You're trying to establish a fake standard that the annual GDP growth is more meaningful than the quarterly GDP growth. And I'm telling you that standard is entirely bullshit and one of your own invention for the purposes of preserving that shitpile you call an ego on this thread.

You're a sociopath.

The other link shows annual growth as opposed to quarterly. You're trying to establish a fake standard that the annual GDP growth is more meaningful than the quarterly GDP growth. And I'm telling you that standard is entirely bullshit and one of your own invention for the purposes of preserving that shitpile you call an ego on this thread.

It's not bullshit if you are adept at math/statistics. If you just LOOK at the Q to Q data -- MOST of the high numbers just come from short term recoveries from NEGATIVE growth or bad quarters. Q to Q simply does NOT represent the "trend" line over time for GDP. It's full of "noise" compared to Y to Y comparisons.

I'm sure there are many academic papers on the topic -- go make yourself smarter..

Except for the 8 times he had quarterly GDP growth of 3% or greater, including one over 5%. Tramp has never had even one quarter even near 5%.

Ummm, NO:

ONLY US President SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION not to hit 3% GDP Growth...

Obama First President Since Great Depression Not to See 3% GDP Growth
Learn to read!!!
He never reached a yearly GDP growth of 3%, nimrod. You're spewing quarterly figures.
Neither has Tramp! Tramp is spewing quarterly figures.

Funny... GDP IS a quarterly number.. Nobody gives a shit about "average" or "yearly" GDP.
Tell that to Bir, he's the one who bitched that I gave quarterly data!!!
It is just amazing how nobody on the Right is intelligent enough to follow a conversation!

Ummm, NO:

ONLY US President SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION not to hit 3% GDP Growth...

Obama First President Since Great Depression Not to See 3% GDP Growth
Learn to read!!!
He never reached a yearly GDP growth of 3%, nimrod. You're spewing quarterly figures.
Neither has Tramp! Tramp is spewing quarterly figures.

Funny... GDP IS a quarterly number.. Nobody gives a shit about "average" or "yearly" GDP.
Tell that to Bir, he's the one who bitched that I gave quarterly data!!!
It is just amazing how nobody on the Right is intelligent enough to follow a conversation!

That's the problem. When you differentiate at time series on adjacent data points, you increase the noise and get farther from a meaningful trend line. That's why Y to Y is often called the REAL GDP Growth Rate.. And once there's enough data to MAKE a Y to Y estimate -- its the preferred measurement.

There's no limit to the "dumb" on BOTH sides of your silly tribal war..

All the vagueries of using Q to Q estimates of GDP explained towards the bottom of this page.. Just as I explained them..

How to Calculate the Annual Growth Rate for Real GDP

You and NYCARBINEER are comparing apples and oranges. You are talking about GDP growth by year, and he is talking about GDP growth by quarter. Changing the subject without you knowing about it is a way snowflakes lie.

Oh, so you want to talk GDP growth by quarter? Well, Obama had plenty of quarters above 3%:

I count at least 6 quarters with at least 4% GDP GROWTH, and another 5 or so with at least 3% GDP GROWTH

FACTS: US GDP Growth Rate by Quarter
Trump Out of 3 quarters: Average was 3.64% Billion dollar events in 2017 16 disasters cost: $306.2 billion and 362 deaths
Obama Out of 32 quarters: Average was 3.01% Billion dollar events in 2009-2016 81 disasters cost $344.0 billion and 1,672 deaths
Bush Out of 32 quarters: Average was 4.60% Billion dollar events in 2001-2008 45 disasters cost $460.2 billion and 2,865 deaths.
Billion-Dollar Weather and Climate Disasters: Table of Events | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

FACT is Trump in one year had weather disasters that cost almost as much as Obama had in 8 years!

View attachment 171251
Get your excuses ready...

2017: 2.3%

You and NYCARBINEER are comparing apples and oranges. You are talking about GDP growth by year, and he is talking about GDP growth by quarter. Changing the subject without you knowing about it is a way snowflakes lie.

Oh, so you want to talk GDP growth by quarter? Well, Obama had plenty of quarters above 3%:

I count at least 6 quarters with at least 4% GDP GROWTH, and another 5 or so with at least 3% GDP GROWTH

FACTS: US GDP Growth Rate by Quarter
Trump Out of 3 quarters: Average was 3.64% Billion dollar events in 2017 16 disasters cost: $306.2 billion and 362 deaths
Obama Out of 32 quarters: Average was 3.01% Billion dollar events in 2009-2016 81 disasters cost $344.0 billion and 1,672 deaths
Bush Out of 32 quarters: Average was 4.60% Billion dollar events in 2001-2008 45 disasters cost $460.2 billion and 2,865 deaths.
Billion-Dollar Weather and Climate Disasters: Table of Events | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

FACT is Trump in one year had weather disasters that cost almost as much as Obama had in 8 years!

View attachment 171251
Get your excuses ready...

2017: 2.3%

2.3 % is a disaster

We need to bring back the Great Obama

Forum List

Back