Trump's economy

We have a trade deficit because we the people choose to buy things made in other countries, something we should be free to do without the nanny state trying to make it more expensive for us to do so.

You people pretend like we have no tariffs on other people's goods, but that just is not true...

Tariff Databases | USITC

It is funny that one of our biggest areas of imports is also one of our biggest areas of exports. It is almost like it is all working together in a circular system.

They steal intellectual property, which you fail to mention. The ability to give half truths is a well worn path for you.

We have a trade deficit because we the people choose to buy things made in other countries, something we should be free to do without the nanny state trying to make it more expensive for us to do so.

You people pretend like we have no tariffs on other people's goods, but that just is not true...

Tariff Databases | USITC

It is funny that one of our biggest areas of imports is also one of our biggest areas of exports. It is almost like it is all working together in a circular system.

They steal intellectual property, which you fail to mention. The ability to give half truths is a well worn path for you.

That is an issue, but it is not a trade and tariff issue and nothing that Trump is doing will stop that.

That has to be dealt with on a different level

One small part of Missouri, I provided the condition report for the whole state, not one county. Farmers with low yields will be covered by crop insurance, those who cannot sell their product or for whom the price drops below the cost of harvest have no such resource.

Also, from the USDA and not a local news station...

USDA Forecasts Record High Corn Yield and Soybean Production for 2018

Average corn yield is forecast at 178.4 bushels per acre, up 1.8 bushels from last year. If realized, this will be the highest yield on record for the United States.

You brain dead sheep always think your tiny little part of the country is representative of the whole, and it never is

I already mentioned this. The higher yields are in large measure responsible for the lower prices. The OP, in typical hack fashion, blamed Trump. You really did little to stop that until backed into a corner of truth and links.

The higher yields are part of the lower price, but both that and the number of acres being planted were both taken into account when farmers were planning for the year, since yields have been going up steadily year after year. The risk analysis done for and by farmers took into account the higher yields and the extra acres planted.

They did not factor in their president hanging them out to dry.

So, Trump likes to take credit for the economy. Here's a nice map he can show people.

Essentially farmers are getting the shit kicked out of their pigs day in, day out. -13% seems to be the best projected rate this year.
63eb66051fa752f4ff5f2d1e4ed402c9

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...rmers-want-trump-end-trade-war-123443562.html
One sector? Try again

That is an issue, but it is not a trade and tariff issue and nothing that Trump is doing will stop that.

That has to be dealt with on a different level

It sure is a trade issue and one that can be negotiated with the tariff settlement. Never sell cars for a living, you'd be terrible at it. Customer wants a lower payment, you lengthen the term, switch to another vehicle, lose the dealership warranty or ask for cash down.

The higher yields are part of the lower price, but both that and the number of acres being planted were both taken into account when farmers were planning for the year, since yields have been going up steadily year after year. The risk analysis done for and by farmers took into account the higher yields and the extra acres planted.

How much will the Trump factor cost them? How much was the additional subsidy?

It sure is a trade issue and one that can be negotiated with the tariff settlement. Never sell cars for a living, you'd be terrible at it. Customer wants a lower payment, you lengthen the term, switch to another vehicle, lose the dealership warranty or ask for cash down.

Yes, I am terrible at sells, that I am proud to say.

You say it is a trade issue, but it is not on the table in the dealing with China. Trump will be more than happy to settle for slightly lower tariffs so he can claim a victory, not unlike he did with the tweaks with NAFTA.

How much will the Trump factor cost them? How much was the additional subsidy?

Yet to be seen how much it will cost them. The additional subsidy was 12 billion dollars.

Here are some articles on it...

Despite Billions in Relief Payments, American Farmers Are Still Hurting From Trump's Tariffs

Chinese Tariffs Take Toll on Soybean Markets • Farm Policy News

Farmers Tested by Tariffs as the U.S. and China Prepare For Trade Talks • Farm Policy News

Yet to be seen how much it will cost them. The additional subsidy was 12 billion dollars.

I agree, we don't know the cost yet. China has had a 70% pork tariff for a while now. I doubt Chinese consumers will want to pay more for very long though.

So, Trump likes to take credit for the economy. Here's a nice map he can show people.

Essentially farmers are getting the shit kicked out of their pigs day in, day out. -13% seems to be the best projected rate this year.
63eb66051fa752f4ff5f2d1e4ed402c9

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/b...rmers-want-trump-end-trade-war-123443562.html

You gotta love these people. Obama takes credit for the economy, as their people try to tell you it sucks!

Your screwed, you really are. And that is not all, lol. I can not wait, your side is done, lol!

I agree, we don't know the cost yet. China has had a 70% pork tariff for a while now. I doubt Chinese consumers will want to pay more for very long though.

They are finding sources outside of the US for their crops and hogs. This is bad for the US farmer as well. It does not bode well for the country as a whole if it is known that our agreements are only good till the next election.

Historically low unemployment, corporate profits at record highs, housing market booming, the dollar is strengthening. Yeah, it really sucks.

So, you're refusing to see anything other than the now. Now future, no history?

It's like standing in the eye of the hurricane and saying "ah, it's okay, I think I'll stay here".

True, but some industries have a larger impact on the economy than others. Think of the damage the housing industry did.

Sounds like a 1 or 2% increase in food prices at most for the coming year....gee what a tragedy....

Well, for the poorer people it means they lose a lot of their excess money.

A good economy is one where people are getting richer, not poorer.

Forum List

Back