Trump's Defense Dept. spent millions on lobsters, booze, and golf carts to avoid future budget cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Daryl Hunt, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,216
    This has been going on for much longer than Trump. We did the same thing when I was in the AF. But it just wasn't this huge. And it's gotten worse every year. At the last count (2018 fiscal year) it was a 93 billion dollar buy off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ricky LIbtardo

Ricky LIbtardo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,899

So you're saying the great men that chose to protect us don't deserve some perks while the companies that get most of the budget get paid 5 times what they make?

I say double the pay of everyone who volunteers to serve our country.

3. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,216
    That is Billion, not Million or Dollars. It's 93 Billion for just the Defense department. We aren't talking about paying the money to any individual, we are talking about spending the money for the offices, etc..

For instance, we would have to spend 3400 bucks before the end of the fiscal year. It didn't go to any of us. It didn't go to beer or parties. We bought office supplies, office equipment, supplies, etc.. When I was in the field, I wasn't aware of this. But when I was ""Kicked" upstairs one becomes part of it. Use it or Lose it. The Motor Pool bought brand new vehicles, tools and such. Most of which we did without and did need. But some things were downright frivolous when we ran out of ideas for the things that we could actually use. And, yes, the breakroom fridge was well stocked when that happened.

The higher the rank, the more frivolous the purchase will be. Including may recreational items and supplies. And take it from me, Generals and Presidents get paid plenty where they don't have to depend on those extra funds. If a General wants Lobster from Maine, he just has to say he wants it and an off station training flight goes and get it on the Government dime without him having to dip into the over fund funds. But when he needs to spend that money to keep from losing it on the next budget, instead of a box of Lobster Tails, he has a few pallets of live lobsters flown in. But the flight is still on the books as an off station training flight. The difference between the two is, the General pays for the case of Lobster Tails while the Extra Funds pays for the pallets of live lobsters. The higher the rank the more frivolous the spending of those funds.

4. Rustic

Rustic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,113
    :CryingCow:

5. depotoo

depotoo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,846
    All departments/agencies have done this for decades.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,410
    But the federal government is supposed to run healthcare for everyone.......

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. depotoo

depotoo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,846
    Curious, since you admit it’s been going on for years, why did you single Trump out in your title?

8. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,728
    Here's a news flash for you. Defense budgets have been inflated for decades. I don't know where your "slush fund" numbers come from but if you are going to make accusations that they have suddenly spiked under Trump, then let's see what you base that on.

9. Daryl Hunt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,216
    Careful, Rustbucket. posting just the stupid graphics is considered Spamming. But if you want to comment on it and then post it, no one cares. I just got into that with a Mod who tried to bully his way around things. He was wrong and called him a fruitcake and hit him with my favorite piece of graphics like I am getting ready to do here. It seems that he was wrong according to the other moderators. But all of them agreed that just posting the graphics was spamming. So Spammer, beware.

And here is your fruitcake and you can eat it too.
    upload_2019-3-25_20-40-23.jpeg
    And because it's you, you get a few Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters.

upload_2019-3-25_20-41-9.png upload_2019-3-25_20-41-16.png upload_2019-3-25_20-41-19.png

10. easyt65

easyt65 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61,183
    But the snowflakes are grasping at any lie now that their witch hunt has blown up in their faces....