Trump’s Budget Is a Perfect Reflection of Republican Values

Reasonable

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2017
It’s cruel, duplicitous and ignorant.

Trump’s plan is driven by the decision to add $54 billion to military spending (above the 2017 baseline) and subtract that sum from domestic programs. Its most wrongheaded assumption is that the Pentagon, which already accounts for about 40 percent of the world’s military spending, needs more money, while diplomacy and international cooperation are simply a waste. In fact, our overstressed military needs fewer wars, which we’ll never escape without far more diplomacy, international cooperation, and institution-building.

We already spend more in our military budget than the next 7 countries combined. It's just plain lunacy to increase it by $54 billion. Trump probably thinks we need it for dog fights with ISIS and the Taliban.

• Banned
IMG_0294.JPG
Remember him telling the black community," What do you have to lose?"

In Trump's budget, he gives the back of his hand to people in our inner cities, eliminating the community-development block grant, job training, and legal aid from his budget. Programs to help middle- and high-school students prepare for college are hammered, and so are after-school and summer-enrichment programs.

Unfortunately way too late, many people are beginning to see that they were taken advantage of by a con artist.

James Walker does exist and this picture was not photoshopped in any way.

Last edited:

Trump’s plan is driven by the decision to add $54 billion to military spending (above the 2017 baseline) and subtract that sum from domestic programs. Its most wrongheaded assumption is that the Pentagon, which already accounts for about 40 percent of the world’s military spending, needs more money, while diplomacy and international cooperation are simply a waste. In fact, our overstressed military needs fewer wars, which we’ll never escape without far more diplomacy, international cooperation, and institution-building.

We already spend more in our military budget than the next 7 countries combined. It's just plain lunacy to increase it by $54 billion. Trump probably thinks we need it for dog fights with ISIS and the Taliban.

I agree with Trumps budget, and support this move. Proudly too.

• Banned

So glad you want your children and grandchildren growing up in a world with less food inspectors and more pollution.
Sane people don't.

It's hard to feel sorry of idiots like James Walker. How can people be so fucking gullible? Trump had flashing neon lights showing what a con man he was. They deserve their Pussy Grabber - the rest of us don't.

That budget is more a reflection of Trump. The man is not especially smart or well read/informed, and he'd just as soon see the rest of the country devolve to his level of ignorance. His proposed budget is one way he'll make sure that happens and it opens the door for other nations to surpass us in just about every discipline that matters in the 21st century. He reduces, even within the military, the funding for everything that has the slightest bit of continual learning associated with it.

insider_bar_updated.png

Source

Trump recently signed an order to have NASA work on sending a mission to Mars. Just how the hell is anyone gong to get to Mars without additional research across a host of disciplines, including fields like atmospheric research, satellites, Earth science (which is the only surrogate we have for Martian science) and biomedicine?

The man clearly suffers from mental myopia. Looking only at biomedicine, one can see that it's to the U.S.' detriment in countless ways to cut funding in that discipline's research.
Read the article that is the source of the chart above for a very high level summary of just how idiotic is Trump's proposed budget.

Just how stupid can one be to think it a good thing to cut research funding? One must think, "Oh, yes, it's a good idea for us to learn less and learn less more rapidly than before." WTH?

You can make an argument against him and your budget, that's your opinion. However, your message gets watered down when you post a photo of one single person, who may or may not have actually voted for Trump "taking the first step" (in some rehabilitation process of sorts) and holding sign that he "made a mistake".

Come on now, that's silly. Just my opinion. I could take it further, apparently there are way more Obama voters who feel they made a mistake as Trump flipped many of the districts he won last time. 67% of Americans were unhappy with the direction that the country was headed in pre-election.

God Bless America. Get 'er done Trump!

Last edited:
Has Trump checked with his puppet-master, Putin as to whether the U.S. should spend more money on military spending?

Let's remember, that Trump's handlers have already deprive the Ukraine o fmilitary support.

It's hard to feel sorry of idiots like James Walker. How can people be so fucking gullible? Trump had flashing neon lights showing what a con man he was. They deserve their Pussy Grabber - the rest of us don't.
This coming from a proud supporter of Obama and who still doesn't realize the con. :booze:

This coming from a proud supporter of Obama and who still doesn't realize the con. :booze:

You know what Obama realized? How to get a health insurance bill passed.

So glad you want your children and grandchildren growing up in a world with less food inspectors and more pollution.
Sane people don't.

They said that back in the 1990s with welfare reform. All these people would be dying in the streets.

Oops... didn't happen. Your lies are 'trumped' by facts.

Which is currently ruining health care for millions of Americans. Me being one of them. I can't afford full health insurance anymore. Thanks to Obama.

Trump doesn't have a budget yet. He doesn't even have all his appointments but the left imagines a cruel budget . They find one guy in Tennessee with a sign and pretend that they can take back the election. Isn't that an example of insanity?

Has Trump checked with his puppet-master, Putin as to whether the U.S. should spend more money on military spending?

Let's remember, that Trump's handlers have already deprive the Ukraine o fmilitary support.

Sure and Obambi did everything he could to keep Putin from taking Crimea.

Didn't Europe have some responsibility? You wanted war with Russia?

Didn't Europe have some responsibility? You wanted war with Russia?

If one wants to enter into an ongoing conversation one should actually read it before one tries.

Which is currently ruining health care for millions of Americans. Me being one of them. I can't afford full health insurance anymore. Thanks to Obama.
And yet it's not ruined for many, many millions more. While I understand why you personally would have all the rest of us for whom it's working suffer with you, the hundred millions of us are disinclined to do so.

And yet it's not ruined for many, many millions more. While I understand why you personally would have all the rest of us for whom it's working suffer with you, the hundred millions of us are disinclined to do so.

You are making us suffer. You don't seem to have a problem with that. Doesn't that make you the selfish one?

But the real problem is, your system can't continue. The system, as it exists, is not sustainable. The longer you continue it, the worse the crash will be when it comes.

You are making us suffer. You don't seem to have a problem with that. Doesn't that make you the selfish one?

But the real problem is, your system can't continue. The system, as it exists, is not sustainable. The longer you continue it, the worse the crash will be when it comes.
Doesn't that make you the selfish one?

If you'd clicked on the link I provided, you'd know the answer to that question. Did you really think I didn't anticipate your thinking that?

View attachment 118692 Remember him telling the black community," What do you have to lose?"

In Trump's budget, he gives the back of his hand to people in our inner cities, eliminating the community-development block grant, job training, and legal aid from his budget. Programs to help middle- and high-school students prepare for college are hammered, and so are after-school and summer-enrichment programs.

Unfortunately way too late, many people are beginning to see that they were taken advantage of by a con artist.

James Walker does exist and this picture was not photoshopped in any way.
Yeah. I know quite a few Trump voters with buyer's remorse.

Forum List

Back