Trumps brilliant tweet [go back to your countries ! ]

What's wrong with any of that?
do you know what fair share is? if so, could you define it here?

I'll need more context. The post I quoted does not mention "fair share" so you'll have to be more specific.
it mentions a 70%, 80% 90% tax rate. so what is fair share? you don't think someone making 1 million pays his/ her fair share of 20% like we do?

The data shows that many of those making that much money are NOT paying that sort of rate. They are using the system to pay a lower percentage than those in the lower and middle class. So to answer your question, no they are NOT paying their fair share.
huh, what does that mean, how can they change their rate? 20% is 20%. how do they avoid that? explain.

Tax loopholes and incentives that only the rich can take advantage of allow them to lower their effective tax rate. The system is rigged in their favor. You and I are not on the winning team here.

I would consider this anti-American.

There are a few things that we can do. One of them is that we can increase the taxes that people are paying who are the extremely wealthy in our communities. So, 70 percent, 80 percent, we've had it as high as 90 percent. Ilhan Omar

Somali community, which she talks about A LOT. Not "Americans". Look when you talk about Somalia a LOT, people say, Okay, go back there.

Many in the Somali community are excited to vote and support candidates who have shown an ability to lead with integrity and not use props and gatekeepers to get their votes. Ilhan Omar

What I always emphasize is that I am a representative who happens to be Somali. Ilhan Omar

Read more at Ilhan Omar Quotes

Taxing people at 70-90% is a problem.

More pertinent to the OP, talking about being "Somali" is exactly the problem. Leftists don't get it because they don't have the American urge, see. But to Americans, this is very....strange, to say the least. She might be FROM Somali, but she is no longer Somali. She is an American citizen. She could not be in Congress if she were not.

She's allowed to mention Somali. LOL. She said that Somali's are excited to support candidates who show the ability to lead with integrity. There is nothing wrong with that statement.....at all.

Do you not want to be able to vote for people who lead with integrity? LOL.

She has made many anti-American statements. She was elected because her district has a very high Muslim makeup. I guess Democrats are fine with having people from other countries come to our country and instead of assimilating, attempting to change our culture to their home culture. I am not fine with that. Most sane Americans aren't either.

If their "home culture" means electing people with integrity then I'm all for it.

You're acting as if our shit doesn't stink, all while supporting a used car salesman who ran on a slogan of "Make America Great Again". If bringing integrity back into our government isn't making it great, I don't know what is.

And I guess it is what you think is integrity is. Exhibiting honesty AND morals is the definition of having integrity. If you haven't figured it out yet, what is "moral" is very much up for debate worldwide.

BRILLIANT !!!! Trumps tweet to the anti American squad was absolutely brilliant ! you see now instead of Biden and Pelosi arguing with the radicals now they are defending them ........... many independents and blue dogs are appalled at the anti American and anti Semitic hate speech touted by the squad !!! Trump is now bringing together the radicals in common hateful anti American cause !! many Americans feel the same way Trump does !! now the dem leadership will defend and side with the indefensible !!! costing dems the independent vote !!! TRUMP 20 20 !!

If members of congress are going to spew anti American rhetoric then POTUS make call them out which is exactly what has happened. Don't worry about AOC that bimbo is unpopular even in her own district. She is rated unfavorable in her district by a 2 to 1 margin.

The only way we can improve as a country is to continually evaluate what we are doing wrong and make improvements. In order to do that we need a constant stream of fresh ideas from a variety of people. So if that means people take experiences from other places and suggests that it could make us better, then so be it. By saying..."hey, in my past experience I know people liked voting for people with integrity, maybe we should try that here" is the very definition of being American.

I'll need more context. The post I quoted does not mention "fair share" so you'll have to be more specific.
it mentions a 70%, 80% 90% tax rate. so what is fair share? you don't think someone making 1 million pays his/ her fair share of 20% like we do?

The data shows that many of those making that much money are NOT paying that sort of rate. They are using the system to pay a lower percentage than those in the lower and middle class. So to answer your question, no they are NOT paying their fair share.
huh, what does that mean, how can they change their rate? 20% is 20%. how do they avoid that? explain.

Tax loopholes and incentives that only the rich can take advantage of allow them to lower their effective tax rate. The system is rigged in their favor. You and I are not on the winning team here.

Name the "tax loopholes and incentives", be specific.

Many of these "loopholes" have to do with the very wealthy making their money by investing. When they invest, they also typically lose and gains are offset by loses. Many folks(myself included) have offset gains with losses. Sometimes losses can be questionable(theoretical) for sure.

More pertinent to the OP, talking about being "Somali" is exactly the problem. Leftists don't get it because they don't have the American urge, see. But to Americans, this is very....strange, to say the least. She might be FROM Somali, but she is no longer Somali. She is an American citizen. She could not be in Congress if she were not.

She's allowed to mention Somali. LOL. She said that Somali's are excited to support candidates who show the ability to lead with integrity. There is nothing wrong with that statement.....at all.

She has made many anti-American statements. She was elected because her district has a very high Muslim makeup. I guess Democrats are fine with having people from other countries come to our country and instead of assimilating, attempting to change our culture to their home culture. I am not fine with that. Most sane Americans aren't either.

If their "home culture" means electing people with integrity then I'm all for it.

You're acting as if our shit doesn't stink, all while supporting a used car salesman who ran on a slogan of "Make America Great Again". If bringing integrity back into our government isn't making it great, I don't know what is.

And I guess it is what you think is integrity is. Exhibiting honesty AND morals is the definition of having integrity. If you haven't figured it out yet, what is "moral" is very much up for debate worldwide.

Fine, no arguments there. But suggesting we elect people with integrity is not Anti-American. If she said, we should elect people who will implement Sharia-law then I would have a problem with that. But she didn't.

How, in the face of Trump's racism, can anyone be "appalled" at what four freshman congressmen say?

The appalling thing is some people are clapping Trump on the back for being a racist dick.

Please quote the most racist Trump quote.
The most racist?

Very few ne people on both sides?

The judge is Mexican and can't render a fair verdict?

LeBron James, Maxine Waters and Colin Kaepernick are 'low IQ individuals'?

shithole countries?

Go back to wherever you came from, you pesky colored women?

You're not trying to suggest a Trump is not a racist, are you?

I didn't think you had anything substantive.

Reasonable to fear unfair treatment by Mexican judge due hios actions on closing the border

LeBron, Maxine and Colin low IQ = Many would agree

Shithole countries = there are plenty of shithole countries

Go back fix your own cultural origins and fix it then come back and show us is not racist.

These are things that distasteful not necessarily racist

Fine, no arguments there. But suggesting we elect people with integrity is not Anti-American. If she said, we should elect people who will implement Sharia-law then I would have a problem with that. But she didn't.

I didn't say that saying that was anti-American. Her anti-Israel(our greatest ally) and anti-Semitic quotes are disturbing. I still haven't figured out why Democrats are so quick to call Trump a racist for anything he says but don't call her anti-Semitic for her remarks that are blatant.

I didn't say that saying that was anti-American. Her anti-Israel(our greatest ally) and anti-Semitic quotes are disturbing. I still haven't figured out why Democrats are so quick to call Trump a racist for anything he says but don't call her anti-Semitic for her remarks that are blatant.

The quotes that were given in this thread as proof of her being Anti-American are what I were responding to.

How, in the face of Trump's racism, can anyone be "appalled" at what four freshman congressmen say?

The appalling thing is some people are clapping Trump on the back for being a racist dick.

Please quote the most racist Trump quote.
The most racist?

Very few ne people on both sides?

The judge is Mexican and can't render a fair verdict?

LeBron James, Maxine Waters and Colin Kaepernick are 'low IQ individuals'?

shithole countries?

Go back to wherever you came from, you pesky colored women?

You're not trying to suggest a Trump is not a racist, are you?

I didn't think you had anything substantive.

Reasonable to fear unfair treatment by Mexican judge due hios actions on closing the border

LeBron, Maxine and Colin low IQ = Many would agree

Shithole countries = there are plenty of shithole countries

Go back fix your own cultural origins and fix it then come back and show us is not racist.

These are things that distasteful not necessarily racist
So, I suppose if Trump started dropping the N-word on TV, still wouldnt be racist.
5s97h5n85ga31.jpg

Trump's tweet was stupid. It gave the media the excuse to gloss over antifa fire bombing a detention center.

We know how the media works. They are predictable. This was just stupid.
I grant you, that it was not bright. But although I would never discuss this in person, I have found myself thinking that very same tweet when I see that illegal Mexicans refuse to stand for our anthem and insteaqd wave the mexican flag. Yeah, go back home. You have no right to be here!

she has said that is anti-American?

Ihan Omar said: "Right now, House Democratic leaders are not rising to the moment. Children are dying at the hands of House Democratic leaders own government, thousands are being held indefinitely in cages. They're being forced to sleep on the floor, and denied basic necessities like soap and toothpaste."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said: "I think that politically, this upper-middle class is probably more moderate, but that upper-middle class doesn’t exist anymore in America, and thanks to the continued deregulation of Wall Street, thanks to the continued gutting of working- and middle-class people, we need stronger champions." (referring to Israel)

“These are people that hate our country, They hate our country. They hate it, I think, with a passion.” President Trump said.

If these Congresswomen hate America, why are they even here?

They don't hate America, These guys hate us.

http://www.oswego.edu/~delancey/314_DIR/WhyWeHateYou.pdf

she has said that is anti-American?

Ihan Omar said: "Right now, House Democratic leaders are not rising to the moment. Children are dying at the hands of House Democratic leaders own government, thousands are being held indefinitely in cages. They're being forced to sleep on the floor, and denied basic necessities like soap and toothpaste."

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said: "I think that politically, this upper-middle class is probably more moderate, but that upper-middle class doesn’t exist anymore in America, and thanks to the continued deregulation of Wall Street, thanks to the continued gutting of working- and middle-class people, we need stronger champions." (referring to Israel)

“These are people that hate our country, They hate our country. They hate it, I think, with a passion.” President Trump said.

If these Congresswomen hate America, why are they even here?
I'm not collecting AOC quotes--she's off the wall so I'm not bothering.
Omar's hyperbole about the children in camps at the border hasn't got the real gut kicking anti-American feel I was looking for though. She is certainly not the only one describing the situation there that way.
I do want to thank you though. You got any more?

I would consider this anti-American.

There are a few things that we can do. One of them is that we can increase the taxes that people are paying who are the extremely wealthy in our communities. So, 70 percent, 80 percent, we've had it as high as 90 percent. Ilhan Omar

Somali community, which she talks about A LOT. Not "Americans". Look when you talk about Somalia a LOT, people say, Okay, go back there.

Many in the Somali community are excited to vote and support candidates who have shown an ability to lead with integrity and not use props and gatekeepers to get their votes. Ilhan Omar

What I always emphasize is that I am a representative who happens to be Somali. Ilhan Omar

Read more at Ilhan Omar Quotes

But we have had taxes that high on the high income bracket in the past. How is our history anti-American?

Did you name that special loophole that I didn’t get?

She did

Forum List

Back