Trump's biggest failing

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017
We all know that President Trump, despite his current difficulties, has been an exceptionally great President and has accomplished things his predecessors could only dream of. Liberals decry his willingness to ignore the parts of the Constitution he disagrees with, because of his reliance on Article II "that let's me do whatever I want."

Donald Trump insists the Constitution's Article II "allows me to do whatever I want"

But the most puzzling thing, and the thing that will define his legacy for future Republican Presidents, is his failure to call for a Constitutional Convention to amend the Constitution and make it more in line with Trump's thinking, which is overwhelmingly supported by the majority of Americans.

While Article II obviously gives us the impression that the President is free to do whatever he wants, why not codify those actual words into the Article? A simple statement could be added "The President shall be free to do whatever he wants at any time and any place." That way there could be no future protests from Democrats
that the President has abused his power.

The 1st Amendment is a thorn in President Trump's side and should be re-written to eliminate the wording concerning "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press." God knows how fiercely this President has fought for complete religious freedom and efforts to reign in "fake news."

Wording should be added to the much loved 2nd Amendment, "Firearms of any type may be carried openly by any of the people in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States and at any time." That would certainly silence liberals about gun rights.

And, the most hated amendment of all, the 14th, should just be eliminated. The right to discriminate has been a cherished institution in America, and should be protected by our Constitution.

With Republicans controlling the majority of State legislatures and Governor's offices, a Constitutional Convention should be a no brainer. And, President Trump should demand such for his legacy.

We all know that President Trump, despite his current difficulties, has been an exceptionally great President and has accomplished things his predecessors could only dream of. Liberals decry his willingness to ignore the parts of the Constitution he disagrees with, because of his reliance on Article II "that let's me do whatever I want."

Donald Trump insists the Constitution's Article II "allows me to do whatever I want"

But the most puzzling thing, and the thing that will define his legacy for future Republican Presidents, is his failure to call for a Constitutional Convention to amend the Constitution and make it more in line with Trump's thinking, which is overwhelmingly supported by the majority of Americans.

While Article II obviously gives us the impression that the President is free to do whatever he wants, why not codify those actual words into the Article? A simple statement could be added "The President shall be free to do whatever he wants at any time and any place." That way there could be no future protests from Democrats

The 1st Amendment is a thorn in President Trump's side and should be re-written to eliminate the wording concerning "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press." God knows how fiercely this President has fought for complete religious freedom and efforts to reign in "fake news."

Wording should be added to the much loved 2nd Amendment, "Firearms of any type may be carried openly by any of the people in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States and at any time." That would certainly silence liberals about gun rights.

And, the most hated amendment of all, the 14th, should just be eliminated. The right to discriminate has been a cherished institution in America, and should be protected by our Constitution.

With Republicans controlling the majority of State legislatures and Governor's offices, a Constitutional Convention should be a no brainer. And, President Trump should demand such for his legacy.

Whelp, then all you have to do is convince 2/3rd of the states to convene a Constitutional convention and submit the necessary changes. Meanwhile, jetting back to reality, the Constitution is just fine the way it's written. Now if we could just call a convention to get rid of Trump....wait, that's already going to happen in November. Never mind. Carry on.

That isn't what he said and democrats need to stop lying about it. The statement was put into a context that democrats dreamed up on their own.

Have you been taking lessons from pencil neck?

Trump's only failing is the anti-American, bigoted, do-nothing, miserable pieces of shit in Congress also known as Democrats. These Democrats would rather see American's fail than spend one more day without power in the White House. Impeachment will fail and Trump will be elected again on the strength of a great economy, record low unemployment and a record stock market.

Hopefully, enough bona fide CITIZENS will reelect President Trump if for no other reason than to spite the Dems.

How delicious it would be to see the faces of Miss Nancy, Mr. Adam, and their co-conspirators if even CNN is forced to announce the Donald's victory. And wouldn't it be scrumptious to see Mr. Joseph's concession speech?

I know that it's unlikely, especially with the blue states no doubt already lining up non-citizens to vote.

But a guy can dream, can't he?

Forum List

Back