Trump's Attacks on First Amendment Smells Like Fascism

Specify Trump's attacks on the 1st Amendment, The truth is that the Left is trying to stifle Trump's speech

news reporting is supposed to be impartial and not political, oops!

It can be political, but it can't dress up as impartial while doing it.

I have no issue with MSNBC being a liberal rag, what I have an issue with is them claiming they are not.
FOX News claims to be impartial. "Fair and Balanced". Almost all news organizations make the same claim that they are objective in news reporting if not with their editorial and commentary positions. Usually, it seems like when people discuss this topic they mix the general news reporting and the commentary together. For a truly fair analysis, the two must be separated. Some news sources make a genuine effort to provide opposing viewpoints by providing commentaries from a wide spectrum of political viewpoints in their opinion and editorial sections, or on TV, by having a varied guest list to provide differing views.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS use their "news" division to push a given view point. There's simply no denying it.
It does not have to be denied. News organizations have a right and even an obligation to report the news as they see it, with whatever spin they want to put on it.

And the President or anyone else in government has the right to call them out.

I didn't see progressive get the vapors when Obama called out Fox news.

Obama Calls Out Fox News For Demonizing Poor People

He then proceeded to assign some well-deserved blame to the likes of Fox News specifically, saying, "If you watch Fox News on a regular basis...they will find folks who make me mad. I don't know where they find them."

After referencing to the way Fox News magnified the "Obamaphone," he called them out for rarely showing stories about the waitress with two kids who is struggling to get by but playing by all the rules.
I was highly embarrassed when Obama did that. I wasn't on here at the time, though, so you missed my vapors. Obama was too thin skinned. He talked about shutting down talk shows like Rush. LOL

The Liar in Chief continues his attacks on the free press. That is what fascist leaders have done ever since fascism was created. It is the first and most important tenet of fascism. It is what makes adoption of other tenets of fascism possible.

It is not the government's job to decide what and how a free society reports and transmits news and opinion, especially news and opinion about political issues.

President Trump puts out and promotes more misinformation, lies, and fake news than any American President in history. It is what he is best known for and will be his legacy. The President is the last person in a free society that should be lecturing about fake news and the last person in a free society that should be attempting to restrict the free press.

Trump's suggestion that the press should be investigated by Congress is an attempt to make a fascist tenet acceptable.

How better to solidify power than to call the free press into contempt

Do not believe what they say...they are not to be trusted
I am the only one you can trust, Believe me

The people are free to believe who they want to believe.

That is the strength and weakness of any representative form of government.

Your just mad that progressives and their less left allies are no longer the ones in total control of the narrative.

If your side has the truth, and is right, you shouldn't have to worry about your so called falsehoods from the other side.
Is it sensible to "believe" who we want to believe even if the information is a verified lie?
I have been very concerned about Trump's attack on the media since he began all this fake news business. Ironic considering he is the one making up most of the "fake" news, not the media. He NEVER criticizes actually made up shit by the right wing sites he likes to visit, only news that is critical of him.
This is very dangerous and a commonly used ploy of a dictator to be. You should know that.

Hillary began the fake news business and Trump turned it around on her. If you weren't such a partisan you'd acknowledge that the mainstream media is biased to the left. Lefties are angry with Washington Post for it's tendency of late to attempt to be impartial while the NYT keeps going further off the deep end.
I didn't say they weren't biased. Their attitude shows. I just know the difference between "biased" and "fake."
Our Pres apparently doesn't. He makes up the majority of the "fake" stuff himself.

Wrong. The media has been caugh lying about Trump so many times that no one even notices any more.

Specify Trump's attacks on the 1st Amendment, The truth is that the Left is trying to stifle Trump's speech
You mean his lies..... And yes, I'd like him to stop lying.... a real challenge for a chronic liar such as Trump......but he should at least make an effort to be truthful..... how anyone can trust a chronic liar like him, is incomprehendable to me...

All he's doing is what the Russians were good at doing this past election.....making us doubt our institutions to cause chaos, and distrust in our government and our free press....

So that if he is found guilty of something in this investigation by the Special Counsel, then his followers can claim it's fake news, the intelligence agencies are the deep state and making up lies about him....and all that garbage that he has done 1000 times over since he came on the scene....

Just because YOU don't like the truth, doesn't make it untrue and it doesn't make someone a fascist for pointing out the media lies.

your Kenyan hero Obama did more to divide this country than any president past or present, and you are so stupid that you buy into that bullshit.
If you think Trump is a "truth teller" then I'd be compelled to question your sanity.
I did not vote for Obama, but he did not seek to divide us as a Nation, people LIKE YOU did....
ROFL! What planet are you living on? Obama never missed an opportunity to take any incident where race was involved and inflame it. Do you imagine Obama was trying to calm the waters when he interfered in the Michael Brown incident?

You mean his lies..... And yes, I'd like him to stop lying.... a real challenge for a chronic liar such as Trump......but he should at least make an effort to be truthful..... how anyone can trust a chronic liar like him, is incomprehendable to me...
He's telling the truth about the fake media. It delights me to now end knowing how you hate that.

Sorry but the 1st Amendment does not protect the printing of lies slander and libel.

All he's doing is what the Russians were good at doing this past election.....making us doubt our institutions to cause chaos, and distrust in our government and our free press....

So that if he is found guilty of something in this investigation by the Special Counsel, then his followers can claim it's fake news, the intelligence agencies are the deep state and making up lies about him....and all that garbage that he has done 1000 times over since he came on the scene....

Just because YOU don't like the truth, doesn't make it untrue and it doesn't make someone a fascist for pointing out the media lies.

your Kenyan hero Obama did more to divide this country than any president past or present, and you are so stupid that you buy into that bullshit.
If you think Trump is a "truth teller" then I'd be compelled to question your sanity.
I did not vote for Obama, but he did not seek to divide us as a Nation, people LIKE YOU did....

that is some funny shit. "the police acted stupidly" "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" "we won" "republicans need to move to the back of the bus" "it was caused by a video" "if you like your plan you can keep it" "the gentle giant" BLM invited to the whitehouse multiple times, Muslim prayer day in DC.

Just a few of obozo's dividing actions. Are you really as ignorant as you appear to be?

The Liar in Chief continues his attacks on the free press. That is what fascist leaders have done ever since fascism was created. It is the first and most important tenet of fascism. It is what makes adoption of other tenets of fascism possible.

It is not the government's job to decide what and how a free society reports and transmits news and opinion, especially news and opinion about political issues.

President Trump puts out and promotes more misinformation, lies, and fake news than any American President in history. It is what he is best known for and will be his legacy. The President is the last person in a free society that should be lecturing about fake news and the last person in a free society that should be attempting to restrict the free press.

Trump's suggestion that the press should be investigated by Congress is an attempt to make a fascist tenet acceptable.

How better to solidify power than to call the free press into contempt

Do not believe what they say...they are not to be trusted
I am the only one you can trust, Believe me

Your just mad that progressives and their less left allies are no longer the ones in total control of the narrative.

If your side has the truth, and is right, you shouldn't have to worry about your so called falsehoods from the other side.
Is it sensible to "believe" who we want to believe even if the information is a verified lie?
I have been very concerned about Trump's attack on the media since he began all this fake news business. Ironic considering he is the one making up most of the "fake" news, not the media. He NEVER criticizes actually made up shit by the right wing sites he likes to visit, only news that is critical of him.
This is very dangerous and a commonly used ploy of a dictator to be. You should know that.

Hillary began the fake news business and Trump turned it around on her. If you weren't such a partisan you'd acknowledge that the mainstream media is biased to the left. Lefties are angry with Washington Post for it's tendency of late to attempt to be impartial while the NYT keeps going further off the deep end.
I didn't say they weren't biased. Their attitude shows. I just know the difference between "biased" and "fake."
Our Pres apparently doesn't. He makes up the majority of the "fake" stuff himself.

is a headline "Tillerson calls Trump a moron" biased or fake? We know it was not true, so biased or fake?

Funny I feel the same way about the HildaBeast

So you can’t point to a lie?

The press is free to report and how they report. The public can do their own research and decide how good or bad the info is.

The big issue for me is how the press claims to be neutral when this is further from the truth. Can make the press be honest bout when a network Lao o e neutral, I immediately believe they have an agenda.

The liberals want the “fairness doctrine” back, which is a way for the government to control the message.

I wanted Obama and Clinton to stop lying too. Politicians lie, Trump has proved he is no better than Obama or Clinton. We have a Senator that lied about being a Indian to get preferential treatment in college. It’s all wrong and to be outraged by one and not the other is pure hypocrisy.

You listend to 8 years of non-stop lying during the Obama administration, and you defended it. Why the sudden aversion to it now?

What you call lying is just having an opinion different from yours.

I would suspect the reporters and people in the lower echelons of the newspaper business might be more liberal. The people on the ground see what's happening, while the owners of newspapers tend to side with the conservatives.

I would suspect the reporters and people in the lower echelons of the newspaper business might be more liberal. The people on the ground see what's happening, while the owners of newspapers tend to side with the conservatives.
Why do you tards assume corporate execs are conservative? Let's look at the Silicon Vally execs. Is Elon Musk a conservative? No. Is Jeff Bezos a conservative? No. Is Serge Brin a conservative? No. Is Mark Zuckerberg a conservative? No. Is Bill Gates a conservative? No. Is Larry Elison a conservative? No. Is Larry Page a conservative? No. Is Steve Balmer a conservative? No.

So what is the justification for the claim that newspaper owners are conservative? None that I can see. Furthermore, we know that vast majority of the editors are leftwing.

Your claim that the people on the ground "see what's happening" is also absurd horseshit. It's akin to saying the know the truth. Given how often they've been caught publishing fake news, there's little evidence to support that claim. People become liberal because of 16 years of brainwashing in our public schools and universities, not because "they see what's happening."

Here is what one posts to lie

So the progressive media is 100% honest?

HANDS UP DON"T SHOOT
How did you find out that scenario was not true? The media? When they make a mistake, they report the subsequently discovered facts.
well they reported that a man said something, the man said no I didn't. I haven't seen one retraction. so spare me your libturdness bullcrap.
YOU referred to the Hands Up Don't Shoot thing, and I pointed out that you found out the allegations weren't true -- through the MEDIA. Don't change the topic of the conversation halfway through your sentence.

The issue is the media made a big deal about "hands up don't shoot" when they thought it was true, and when they found out it wasn't they referenced it once or twice then promptly forgot about it. Partisan Reporting isn't a discrete point event, its constantly hammering a point home when you like it, and grudgingly referring to it when you don't.

Forum List

Back