TrumpCare plan to replace Obamacare (ACA) with . . . get this . . .

prisonmike grows ever more shrill and desperate.

The Trump replacement plan for ACA is impossible to enact.

the only way for our health care costs to come in line with reality, is for the govt to get OUT OF healthcare....

this means no more tax write offs for our portion and the employer's expense
No more funding to Medical Colleges, no more funding for research and development with tax monies, no more college grants for Doctors, no more health care coverage for kids(CHIP), mo more Medicaid for the rock bottom poor and indigent, no more paying hospital emergency bills for the indigent, no more funding hospitals, no more building new medical clinics,no more MEDICARE, no more MEDICAID, no more VA...., no more free vaccinations for kids.....

AND NO more HSA's...because HSA's are another gvt involved subsidy...

I'm certain there are even more things that have to be cut out that gvt promotes and funds....
I'm all for that. But I strongly suspect that you're not.

then MAYBE, in 10 to 20 years, the health care market will adjust and prices will come down
I'd bet you my life savings it wouldn't take so much as 1/4 of that time frame.

govt is up to their eyeballs in our health care.....

you complain about the subsidies for the poorest, while you TAKE and USE all the other gvt subsidies and tax breaks they give you....

HYPOCRITES
Government forces its way into the marketplace which ALWAYS causes higher costs, hands out a few paltry benefits to try and make up for it, then the people who try to recoup the losses from the higher costs caused by government meddling are hypocrites. Got it. :rolleyes:
It'll take much longer than 1/4 of the time, because salaries have to adjust on doctors, where Doctors may make a couple hundred thousand a year at tops, and high paid Hospital Admins and nurses and all hospital staffs and Pharma ceo's salaries etc will have to come down....

Everyone's salaries in the entire Medical field's salaries and associated connected fields, would have to come down, so that the product prices can come down, so that we could actually afford a normal yearly medical bill....

this could even take longer than the 10 - 20 years, NOT less time.

In the mean time, lots of people will die.

the only way for our health care costs to come in line with reality, is for the govt to get OUT OF healthcare....

No more funding to Medical Colleges, no more funding for research and development with tax monies, no more college grants for Doctors, no more health care coverage for kids(CHIP), mo more Medicaid for the rock bottom poor and indigent, no more paying hospital emergency bills for the indigent, no more funding hospitals, no more building new medical clinics,no more MEDICARE, no more MEDICAID, no more VA...., no more free vaccinations for kids.....

I'm certain there are even more things that have to be cut out that gvt promotes and funds....
I'm all for that. But I strongly suspect that you're not.

then MAYBE, in 10 to 20 years, the health care market will adjust and prices will come down
I'd bet you my life savings it wouldn't take so much as 1/4 of that time frame.

you complain about the subsidies for the poorest, while you TAKE and USE all the other gvt subsidies and tax breaks they give you....

HYPOCRITES
Government forces its way into the marketplace which ALWAYS causes higher costs, hands out a few paltry benefits to try and make up for it, then the people who try to recoup the losses from the higher costs caused by government meddling are hypocrites. Got it. :rolleyes:
It'll take much longer than 1/4 of the time, because salaries have to adjust on doctors, where Doctors may make a couple hundred thousand a year at tops, and high paid Hospital Admins and nurses and all hospital staffs and Pharma ceo's salaries etc will have to come down....

Everyone's salaries in the entire Medical field's salaries and associated connected fields, would have to come down, so that the product prices can come down, so that we could actually afford a normal yearly medical bill....

Murica does not care.

Government option is the only way for the poor and lower working classes.

Great point Jake, so why put 300 million people into a plan that should be for 25 million people. Look, I am not a heartless SOB, I want people who need medical care to get it. But the fact that Medicare/Obamacare does not pay physicians enough to keep their lights on should tell you that if everybody is on that system we are going to have a problem. Why do you suppose most doctors put a limit on how many Medicare patients they take? It's because they need to get paid more than their cost.
Because the GOP and the con dems would not agree to other reasonable solutions.

One, either kill the health care insurance industry completely, or turn all financing over to single payer and make the health care providers bid.

Sadly, you are right. The partisanship that goes on is frustrating, but there are some issues like healthcare that deserve better. I would like to see a philosophical approach taken similar to the one taken when JFK decided to make a mission of putting a man on the moon. The goal was defined, and then the task was handed over to experts. Lawyers in Washington have as much business designing a rocket ship as they do a healthcare system.

The difference is there is BIG money in healthcare, it is a huge part of the economy. Space travel not so much.

Great point Jake, so why put 300 million people into a plan that should be for 25 million people. Look, I am not a heartless SOB, I want people who need medical care to get it. But the fact that Medicare/Obamacare does not pay physicians enough to keep their lights on should tell you that if everybody is on that system we are going to have a problem. Why do you suppose most doctors put a limit on how many Medicare patients they take? It's because they need to get paid more than their cost.

One, either kill the health care insurance industry completely, or turn all financing over to single payer and make the health care providers bid.

Let's be honest about it, the GOP had little to say about Obamacare. It was rammed thru and they knew it would be bad, but were powerless to stop it. The should have put something on the table when they had control. Perhaps they will if the clown wins and they hold congress, but then again, they are politicians, so nothing should be expected.

I voted for Mittens and hoped he might let each state design their own system like he did in Massachusetts.

Let's be honest about it, the GOP had little to say about Obamacare. It was rammed thru and they knew it would be bad, but were powerless to stop it. The should have put something on the table when they had control. Perhaps they will if the clown wins and they hold congress, but then again, they are politicians, so nothing should be expected.

I voted for Mittens and hoped he might let each state design their own system like he did in Massachusetts.
They could have bought in to it, but somehow the idea the Dems were in charge again, this time with a black president, was just too much for quite a few on the far right.

Out of that the Alt Right developed, and here we are.

in the mean time, enjoy paying your $1000 per person, for your monthly premiums...

HYPOCRITES

Care4all- I never expected you to say something I even remotely agreed with, but alas you have. Perhaps I misjudged you.

Healthcare cost will come down when people have to pay for it. Why, some may ask. Because people will take responsibility for their own health. If you have high cholesterol and your MD says change what you eat, exercise, etc, or pay $300 a month for this drug to lower your cholesterol. The patient will make an economic decision that benefits him. US is less than 5% of the world population yet we consume 50% of the pharmaceuticals.

Only 5% of the World Population, U.S. Takes 50% of Big Pharma Drugs

Think about it like this- You buy your own car, you pay your own car insurance. If you drive like an idiot, and don't take care of your car, you will pay the price in higher premiums and costly repairs. Why can't we employ that same idea with health care?

Talk to a doctor and ask him who his best patients are, who are the ones who take the best care of themselves. It is not the ones who get free healthcare.

The market is far more flexible and responsive than you think it is. Besides that, much of the increase of those salaries are because government has driven up the cost of doing business, while driving down the number of professionals participating in health care trades.

Taking a basic course on economics and abandoning the sob sister routine will go a long way to clearing up your dreadfully pessimistic attitudes.

They could have bought in to it, but somehow the idea the Dems were in charge again, this time with a black president, was just too much for quite a few on the far right.

Out of that the Alt Right developed, and here we are.

racist1.jpg

Forum List

Back