Trump: "you can't get hurt with extreme weather"

Yes and No.

Yes - the remark was an unthinking one; he opened his mouth without the benefit of forethought; although I doubt he believes that, himself.

No - the remark was made in a Global Warming context; he was talking about shifts in weather patterns; not storms; but it was easily misinterpreted.

The guy had a god start in life, and managed to amass fame and fortune on his own, as well; he's no dummy; just opportunistic, and arrogant.

It seems highly unlikely that he'll survive the Primaries as a viable candidate but he does good service while he lasts; re: immigration, PC-talk, etc.

He sounded more like he denies global warming, and well I would have a hard time voting for someone who denies it. Not sure cap and trade it the right thing though, but China signed up from what I read.

He lies to the ignorant people that want to be lied to.

If he wanted to do good service he'd try to enlighten them.
Just like Stat's girl Mrs BJ and your Messiah Big Ears.

Agreed?

He sounded more like he denies global warming, and well I would have a hard time voting for someone who denies it. Not sure cap and trade it the right thing though, but China signed up from what I read.
Like any intelligent rational person, he hasn't been suckered by the AGW abracadabra.

He lies to the ignorant people that want to be lied to.

If he wanted to do good service he'd try to enlighten them.
Depends on what you call 'good service'.

He's made it popular, again, to talk of dealing harshly with Illegal Aliens and their Anchor Babies.

He's made it popular, again, to take off the gloves, and throw Political Correctness and Uber-Sensitivity out the window, in our public dialogue.

Both long-overdue, and badly-needed, for the good working order and long-term health of the Republic and its People.

There are many ways to serve.

He merely found one that you do not agree with or recognize or appreciate.

Others see that differently.

Like any intelligent rational person, he hasn't been suckered by the AGW abracadabra.

Says you. Just keep living with you head in the sand.

Trump dismissed weather ahead of deadly S.C. floods - CNNPolitics.com

At current, 13 dead in the Carolinas because of the storm.

But wait, Trump said you can't get hurt with extreme weather....

What a dork.

And this man could possibly become the GOP nominee, a thought that I relish.....

Discuss: is Trump a dork, or not?

Thank you.
Hurricanes have been around since the beginning of weather.

What's your point?

Oh, when was the beginning of weather, and where were you at the beginning of weather?
:badgrin: You must be God.

I am confused about "dork". When I was coming up, a "dork" was someone who read a lot of books, wore glasses and didn't fit in with the cool kids. When did it become the class bully who says really stupid shit?

Politics is fascinating to me. Kondor posted less than an hour ago, the prediction that Trump doesn't make it to through the primaries... based on just these sort of comments. From a strategy standpoint, I do get this point and it does appear that he is running a sort of self-destructive candidacy, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out that way so far.

Trump seems to have this amazing "superpower" almost... he can say something really stupid and the opposition jumps all over it like cats to catnip... then it blows up in their faces and he gets a bump in the polls. It's really a "WTF?" kind of a thing happening with Trump and I can't really explain it, but it poses a unique problem for the Gotchya Party.

At first, I thought... well, maybe Trump just hasn't crossed that line yet... maybe sooner or later he is going to say something so over-the-line that he can't be redeemed and then we'll see a sharp decline in his numbers. But again, for whatever reason, that hasn't happened and he has said some really 'interesting' things. So I am starting to think there is something going on here and it's not just coincidental. It's almost as if he plans this stuff.

He knows what buttons to push and when to push them, and he does it brilliantly. He says something that sounds stupid but is careful to always present it in a context that, once evaluated, isn't that out of whack. Attacking him is a natural response and he knows it, but when they throw him in the spotlight it's like Brer Fox throwing Brer Rabbit into the brier patch. Trump is in his element... you can't win by throwing him in the spotlight.

So this keeps happening and he is bloodying the noses of the ones who try to capitalize on his flubs. Statisthitler stumbles in here punch drunk to take another swing but this will turn out the same. His support is solid and those who support him don't care what stupid shit he says to get the left all worked up. They see how he handles them and they like it. The best part is how the left doesn't seem to realize how he is playing them or what to do about him. This smear strategy has worked so well for them on so many candidates and all of the sudden, here's Trump and it's not working on him.

Last edited:
I am confused about "dork". When I was coming up, a "dork" was someone who read a lot of books, wore glasses and didn't fit in with the cool kids. When did it become the class bully who says really stupid shit?

Politics is fascinating to me. Kondor posted less than an hour ago, the prediction that Trump doesn't make it to through the primaries... based on just these sort of comments. From a strategy standpoint, I do get this point and it does appear that he is running a sort of self-destructive candidacy, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out that way so far.

Trump seems to have this amazing "superpower" almost... he can say something really stupid and the opposition jumps all over it like cats to catnip... then it blows up in their faces and he gets a bump in the polls. It's really a "WTF?" kind of a thing happening with Trump and I can't really explain it, but it poses a unique problem for the Gotchya Party.

At first, I thought... well, maybe Trump just hasn't crossed that line yet... maybe sooner or later he is going to say something so over-the-line that he can't be redeemed and then we'll see a sharp decline in his numbers. But again, for whatever reason, that hasn't happened and he has said some really 'interesting' things. So I am starting to think there is something going on here and it's not just coincidental. It's almost as if he plans this stuff.

He knows what buttons to push and when to push them, and he does it brilliantly. He says something that sounds stupid but is careful to always present it in a context that, once evaluated, isn't that out of whack. Attacking him is a natural response and he knows it, but when they throw him in the spotlight it's like throwing Brer Fox into the brier patch. Trump is in his element... you can't win by throwing him in the spotlight.

So this keeps happening and he is bloodying the noses of the ones who try to capitalize on his flubs. Statisthitler stumbles in here punch drunk to take another swing but this will turn out the same. His support is solid and those who support him don't care what stupid shit he says to get the left all worked up. They see how he handles them and they like it. The best part is how the left doesn't seem to realize how he is playing them or what to do about him. This smear strategy has worked so well for them on so many candidates and all of the sudden, here's Trump and it's not working on him.

Yes, I can imagine you being very confused.

Thanks.

He knows what buttons to push and when to push them, and he does it brilliantly. He says something that sounds stupid but is careful to always present it in a context that, once evaluated, isn't that out of whack. Attacking him is a natural response and he knows it, but when they throw him in the spotlight it's like throwing Brer Fox into the brier patch. Trump is in his element... you can't win by throwing him in the spotlight.

Yes, I can imagine you being very confused.

Thanks.

*Dork!

What a dork.

And this man could possibly become the GOP nominee, a thought that I relish.....

Thank you.

What's your point?

Oh, when was the beginning of weather, and where were you at the beginning of weather?

Yeah, because only god knows when weather started.

You're a certified idiot.

Weather started as soon as the Earth had an atmosphere. Look at all the planets with atmospheres. They all have weather. Even Mars.

What a dork.

Thank you.

What's your point?

Yeah, because only god knows when weather started.

You're a certified idiot.

Weather started as soon as the Earth had an atmosphere. Look at all the planets with atmospheres. They all have weather. Even Mars.

I'm sure it did, but you were there. I'm only interested in earth, as of course there is global warming going on.

Forum List

Back