CDZ Trump: Yea or Nay

Do you approve of Trump's job performance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it hard to answer, honestly.
I approve of most of it, but I don't appreciate how he is accomplishing it. EOs are for the birds. Its also an abuse of power.

I see healthcare as the 1st major departure from the platform he ran on. If we get 40% of what he ran on take that as a victory (if you voted for him). No politician gives you all of what you want all the time. The Alternative was 0% of what I want with the addition of our country sliding further in the "wrong" direction.
Better half a loaf than no loaf, unless you aree an ideologue, and in that case it is the whole loaf or everybody dies.

I see healthcare as the 1st major departure from the platform he ran on. If we get 40% of what he ran on take that as a victory (if you voted for him). No politician gives you all of what you want all the time. The Alternative was 0% of what I want with the addition of our country sliding further in the "wrong" direction.
Better half a loaf than no loaf, unless you aree an ideologue, and in that case it is the whole loaf or everybody dies.

Looks like the loaf is less than a half, and it's moldy, stale, high in fat and without any fiber. How do those who voted for Trump feel about his promise (walked back yesterday) to repeal and replace Obamacare on day one, and the H. or Rep. inability to keep its promise to Republican voters when they had SEVEN years to plan?

Does any of this cause you to consider changing your vote?

Looks like the loaf is less than a half, and it's moldy, stale, high in fat and without any fiber. How do those who voted for Trump feel about his promise (walked back yesterday) to repeal and replace Obamacare on day one, and the H. or Rep. inability to keep its promise to Republican voters when they had SEVEN years to plan?

He didn't fail....the establishment republicans failed.....and he still can fix obamacare. What you guys fail to remember, we voted him in in large part because we know who and what the republican establishment is.....this isn't unexpected by us.......that is why jeb bush wasn't the nominee.......

And the best part.....obamacare is still called "obamacare".....you guys own it.........all the way down the death spiral....

Of course, to a third party unless the Dimmocrats suddenly get their act together and drop it with the Identity Politics nonsense.

"Identify Politics, noun: a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics."

Hmmmm... Democrats are not defined by this meme, but it clearly defines the new iteration of conservatism, IMO.

D's are like cats, they are not easily herded nor are they uniform in opinion/lifestyle/creed; Conservatives easily toss others under the bus, example, calling moderate Republicans RINO's.

More food for thought:

Identity politics - Wikipedia

But I digress. Did recent events cause you to reconsider your yea or nay vote?

He didn't fail....the establishment republicans failed.....and he still can fix obamacare. What you guys fail to remember, we voted him in in large part because we know who and what the republican establishment is.....this isn't unexpected by us.......that is why jeb bush wasn't the nominee.......

And the best part.....obamacare is still called "obamacare".....you guys own it.........all the way down the death spiral....

How do I feel about yesterday... Thankful, relieved, hopeful that meaningful & dramatic overall might take place in the future. It seems as though too many are obsessed with the figurehead thing. Trump, O, G.W., Clinton etc. are just our mechanism, (our instrument... quite literally OUR servants) in furthering the torches of our ideological purviews. If Trump had a bad day but the conservative tenets of capitalism and representative republic flourished... Then I say, Yesterday was a great day!

How do I feel about yesterday... Thankful, relieved, hopeful that meaningful & dramatic overall might take place in the future. It seems as though too many are obsessed with the figurehead thing. Trump, O, G.W., Clinton etc. are just our mechanism, (our instrument... quite literally OUR servants) in furthering the torches of our ideological purviews. If Trump had a bad day but the conservative tenets of capitalism and representative republic flourished... Then I say, Yesterday was a great day!

Q. what do you mean by the "conservative tenets of capitalism"

Of course, to a third party unless the Dimmocrats suddenly get their act together and drop it with the Identity Politics nonsense.

"Identify Politics, noun: a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics."

Hmmmm... Democrats are not defined by this meme, but it clearly defines the new iteration of conservatism, IMO.

D's are like cats, they are not easily herded nor are they uniform in opinion/lifestyle/creed; Conservatives easily toss others under the bus, example, calling moderate Republicans RINO's.

More food for thought:

Identity politics - Wikipedia

From your own article:

Identity politics is a phenomenon that arose first within the radical margins of liberal democratic societies in which human rights are recognized, and the term is not usually used to refer to dissident movements within single-party or authoritarian states. The elements of identity politics can be seen to be present in many of the earliest statements of feminists, ethnic movements, and gay and lesbian liberation.

Class identity politics were first described briefly in an article by L. A. Kauffman, who traced its origins to the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), an organization of the civil rights movements in the USA in the early and mid-1960s.[6] Although SNCC invented many of the fundamental practices which currently make up identity politics, and although various black power groups extended them, they apparently found no need to apply a term. Rather, the term emerged when others outside the black freedom movements—particularly, the race- and ethnic-specific women's liberation movements, such as Black feminism—began to adopt the practice in the late 1960s. Traces of identity politics can also be found in the early writings of the modern gay liberation movements, such as Dennis Altman's Homosexual: Liberation/Oppression,[7][8] Jeffrey Week's Coming Out: Homosexual Politics in Britain from the Nineteenth Century to the Present, and[9] Ken Plummer's ed The Making of the Modern Homosexual.....

Some groups have combined identity politics and Marxist social class analysis and class consciousness—the most notable example being the Black Panther Party—but this is not necessarily characteristic of the form. Another example is MOVE, who mixed black nationalism with anarcho-primitivism (a radical form of green politics based on the idea that civilization is an instrument of oppression, advocating the return to a hunter gatherer society) and the related idea of neo-luddism.[citation needed]

During the 1980s, the politics of identity became very prominent and it was linked to a new wave of social movement activism.​

Um, no, it is not conservative by any means, and the Democratic PArty is aligned with it in the form of the Black Lives Matter movement and the Occupy Wall Street nonsense.

But I digress. Did recent events cause you to reconsider your yea or nay vote?

Were I there I would vote in favor of moving the bill along, keeping the sausage making process going to attain some progress on health care, which is pretty much the same stance I have always had, though I was confused about some of the issues early on like the state boundry limits to the insurance market being removed. It is in there but not a major component of the bill.

It would really help if the Democrats would contribute some votes and neutralize the Freedom Caucuses stupidity and get some things that they want out of it as well.

You work for what you get, the gov. is there to protect you while you do this, entitlements are only for last resort

Q. what do you mean by the "conservative tenets of capitalism"

You work for what you get, the gov. is there primarily to protect you, entitlements don't exist pub. assist are for last resort (safety net)

I can delve into this on another post, the issue is rather pertinent....

The GOP is not a unified party.

It is a coalition of the far right and the middle right.

And these two hate each other.

Although it is funny enough when they were voting together with Boehner The Boner running the House.

That's when Harry Reid had their backs and their useless voting did not count.

Now when the voting is for real and could get them fired by the Taxpayers in 2018 they are more sober about things.

The GOP is not a unified party.

It is a coalition of the far right and the middle right.

And these two hate each other.

Although it is funny enough when they were voting together with Boehner The Boner running the House.

That's when Harry Reid had their backs and their useless voting did not count.

Now when the voting is for real and could get them fired by the Taxpayers in 2018 they are more sober about things.

Isn't that true of any collection of ideological puppets put under one umbrella? You're correct, but not just the GOP... when's the last time Joe Manchin and Charles 'Chummer' sat down and agreed on even 50% of the issues?

President Trump isn't just a much needed relief from the disaster that was 0bama, but he's likely to become the best POTUS in modern history.

As you implied, the jury is still out on that, however, I too see his current trajectory as exceeding that of Reagan. If his 'Obama Care lite/2.0" had gone on and passed in the Senate than NO to that. That is part of the reason I think yesterday was, fortuitously, a great day for Trump, despite all immediate, temporal indications to the contrary.

We finally have a pro America president in the White House and I'm lovin it!

Trump isn't perfect but he's going in the right direction. And he's NOT a traitor. Yeaaa!

We finally have a pro America president in the White House and I'm lovin it!

Goody for you. 300 + Million Americans are now at risk because your "pro" American President is one dumb, incompetent megalomaniac.

It's time to invest in body bags and the Industrial Complex which will flourish in the new arms race. Russia is moving troops to their border with N. Korea, the latest response to the Brinkmanship of this fool you and other fools voted into an office he is unfit to occupy.

President Trump isn't just a much needed relief from the disaster that was 0bama, but he's likely to become the best POTUS in modern history.

Please tell us what damage was the result of President Obama's 8 years in office. Post data, not your opinion which isn't worth the diarrhea which eminates from your keyboard almost daily.

Trump has upset the balance of power around the world, his ignorance and arrogance has put Americans at risk, and his promises came and went unfulfilled, he has alienated our allies and has proved to be a Narcissistic Megalomaniac - clearly unfit to hold the office of POTUS.

Trump is a disaster, and I fear worse damage to our nation and its image will follow his 100 days of failure. Only stupid - and I mean that literally - and liars have the audacity to claim he is, "likely to become the best POTUS in modern history."

As far as I'm concerned, the "jury" has not reached a verdict yet. However, I am as sure as hell glad the Hildabeast isn't president. Also, I'm glad the Supreme court has been prevented from going to the majority liberal (for now).

Forum List

Back