CDZ Trump: Yea or Nay

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Wry Catcher, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Do you approve of Trump's job performance

This poll will close on Mar 17, 2018 at 8:08 PM.
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,426
    I find it hard to answer, honestly.
    I approve of most of it, but I don't appreciate how he is accomplishing it. EOs are for the birds. Its also an abuse of power.

2. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,208
    Better half a loaf than no loaf, unless you aree an ideologue, and in that case it is the whole loaf or everybody dies.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,136
    Looks like the loaf is less than a half, and it's moldy, stale, high in fat and without any fiber. How do those who voted for Trump feel about his promise (walked back yesterday) to repeal and replace Obamacare on day one, and the H. or Rep. inability to keep its promise to Republican voters when they had SEVEN years to plan?

Does any of this cause you to consider changing your vote?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,208
    Of course, to a third party unless the Dimmocrats suddenly get their act together and drop it with the Identity Politics nonsense.

5. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,530

He didn't fail....the establishment republicans failed.....and he still can fix obamacare. What you guys fail to remember, we voted him in in large part because we know who and what the republican establishment is.....this isn't unexpected by us.......that is why jeb bush wasn't the nominee.......

And the best part.....obamacare is still called "obamacare".....you guys own it.........all the way down the death spiral....

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,136
    "Identify Politics, noun: a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics."

Hmmmm... Democrats are not defined by this meme, but it clearly defines the new iteration of conservatism, IMO.

D's are like cats, they are not easily herded nor are they uniform in opinion/lifestyle/creed; Conservatives easily toss others under the bus, example, calling moderate Republicans RINO's.

More food for thought:

Identity politics - Wikipedia

But I digress. Did recent events cause you to reconsider your yea or nay vote?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. KeiserC

KeiserC VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    How do I feel about yesterday... Thankful, relieved, hopeful that meaningful & dramatic overall might take place in the future. It seems as though too many are obsessed with the figurehead thing. Trump, O, G.W., Clinton etc. are just our mechanism, (our instrument... quite literally OUR servants) in furthering the torches of our ideological purviews. If Trump had a bad day but the conservative tenets of capitalism and representative republic flourished... Then I say, Yesterday was a great day!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,136
    Q. what do you mean by the "conservative tenets of capitalism"

9. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,208
    From your own article:

Identity politics is a phenomenon that arose first within the radical margins of liberal democratic societies in which human rights are recognized, and the term is not usually used to refer to dissident movements within single-party or authoritarian states. The elements of identity politics can be seen to be present in many of the earliest statements of feminists, ethnic movements, and gay and lesbian liberation.

Class identity politics were first described briefly in an article by L. A. Kauffman, who traced its origins to the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), an organization of the civil rights movements in the USA in the early and mid-1960s.[6] Although SNCC invented many of the fundamental practices which currently make up identity politics, and although various black power groups extended them, they apparently found no need to apply a term. Rather, the term emerged when others outside the black freedom movements—particularly, the race- and ethnic-specific women's liberation movements, such as Black feminism—began to adopt the practice in the late 1960s. Traces of identity politics can also be found in the early writings of the modern gay liberation movements, such as Dennis Altman's Homosexual: Liberation/Oppression,[7][8] Jeffrey Week's Coming Out: Homosexual Politics in Britain from the Nineteenth Century to the Present, and[9] Ken Plummer's ed The Making of the Modern Homosexual.....

Some groups have combined identity politics and Marxist social class analysis and class consciousness—the most notable example being the Black Panther Party—but this is not necessarily characteristic of the form. Another example is MOVE, who mixed black nationalism with anarcho-primitivism (a radical form of green politics based on the idea that civilization is an instrument of oppression, advocating the return to a hunter gatherer society) and the related idea of neo-luddism.[citation needed]

During the 1980s, the politics of identity became very prominent and it was linked to a new wave of social movement activism.​

Um, no, it is not conservative by any means, and the Democratic PArty is aligned with it in the form of the Black Lives Matter movement and the Occupy Wall Street nonsense.

Were I there I would vote in favor of moving the bill along, keeping the sausage making process going to attain some progress on health care, which is pretty much the same stance I have always had, though I was confused about some of the issues early on like the state boundry limits to the insurance market being removed. It is in there but not a major component of the bill.

It would really help if the Democrats would contribute some votes and neutralize the Freedom Caucuses stupidity and get some things that they want out of it as well.

10. KeiserC

KeiserC VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +358
    You work for what you get, the gov. is there primarily to protect you, entitlements don't exist pub. assist are for last resort (safety net)

I can delve into this on another post, the issue is rather pertinent....