Trump would be correct to assert a national emergency in order to build the wall

If you had people breaking into your house demanding to be a member of your family and demanding you feed them and provide a place to sleep and medical care would you call 911 or just say come on in?

I’d probably call 9/11. I wouldn’t want someone to call it a national emergency.

We’ve had the same situation, more or less, since the 1960’s or so…and for the first 2 years of the blob’s reign…. At no point during that time did we ever have a national emergency.
It's an emergency now precisely because it has been going on so long. We are the frog in ever warming water that's reaching the boiling point and we have to immediately jump out or die.
Then why didn’t trump declare an emergency 2 years ago? Was he derelict of duty?
The first emergency was the economy. Now that is up and running and he can focus on the next emergency. Would have been nice if he could do everything at once but unfortunately in DC that's not realistic.
The economy was in good shape when Trump became president. So that’s not a legit excuse. Not to mention, it’s not like Trump could only focus on one or the other. He could have worked on both. And if this was truly an emergency, he should have formally declared it as such 2 years ago.

Derelict of duty?
Economy was stagnant and was heading south as Obama economic policy took hold. Trump had to focus on that first and now he has the opportunity to get illegal immigration under control. He's a businessman and knows how to prioritize for optimum results.

The economy was in good shape when Trump became president. So that’s not a legit excuse. Not to mention, it’s not like Trump could only focus on one or the other. He could have worked on both. And if this was truly an emergency, he should have formally declared it as such 2 years ago.

Derelict of duty?

If it wasn't for outright lies, would you ever have anything to say?
What's frightening is that your ilk want to rule the land.
Oh? Where’s the lie...?

I’d probably call 9/11. I wouldn’t want someone to call it a national emergency.

We’ve had the same situation, more or less, since the 1960’s or so…and for the first 2 years of the blob’s reign…. At no point during that time did we ever have a national emergency.
It's an emergency now precisely because it has been going on so long. We are the frog in ever warming water that's reaching the boiling point and we have to immediately jump out or die.
Then why didn’t trump declare an emergency 2 years ago? Was he derelict of duty?
The first emergency was the economy. Now that is up and running and he can focus on the next emergency. Would have been nice if he could do everything at once but unfortunately in DC that's not realistic.

Derelict of duty?
Economy was stagnant and was heading south as Obama economic policy took hold. Trump had to focus on that first and now he has the opportunity to get illegal immigration under control. He's a businessman and knows how to prioritize for optimum results.
Actually, unemployment was the lowest under Obama’s terms. And while trump likes to boast about record minority unemployment lows, the reality is those figures weren’t much higher than record lows when trump became president. GDP averaged 2.1% per year following Bush’s Great Recession, which is about the same for Trump’s first and only year on the books.

There are thousands of invaders at the border now with more on the way. Their intention is to rush the border and overwhelm our defenses. That's an emergency.

There are thousands of invaders at the border now with more on the way. Their intention is to rush the border and overwhelm our defenses. That's an emergency.

They intend to rush the border, mow our lawns and build Trump golf courses

Derelict of duty?
Trump has been surfing the Obama economic tide

Isn't it funny how almost every Commie / Fascist Left-banger in this thread uses the word "ILLEGAL" but acts as though ILLEGALS are great American citizens?
(better than you and me by a long shot don't ya know?)

I guess they love illegal.....anarchy....chaos....dictators and stuff.

Weird people huh?
Sooooooooooooooo telling of their flawed mentality

Isn't it funny how almost every Commie / Fascist Left-banger in this thread uses the word "ILLEGAL" but acts as though they are great American citizens?

Weird people huh?
Yes
Guilty of trespassing

Yes
Guilty of trespassing

There it is folks...they call Breaking International Law, bringing drugs across the border, weapons trafficking and the prostitution of MINORS, ("trespassing") wow. just wow.
Most Dems think this way. And they might rule the country soon. :eek-52:

Why don't you mozy on over to this greiving parents home and tell them what you told me?
You see, they lost their child to ILLEGAL immigrants (along with thousands of other Americans) just last year alone.
THOUSANDS more stories just like that in case you think it's rare.

Mother Of Son Killed By Illegal to Pelosi: Which One Of Your Children Is Expendable For An Illegal Life?

Of course, I'm sure you'd celebrate that news. The only "good" American is a dead American, huh RW ?

Last edited:
There is no emergency on the border. Hence there is no need to declare a national emergency.

Although, one of the charges that were going to be brought against Nixon in his impeachment hearings was abuse of power. History repeating itself perhaps?
If you had people breaking into your house demanding to be a member of your family and demanding you feed them and provide a place to sleep and medical care would you call 911 or just say come on in?

Really...So this became a national emergency under Trump?
Trump recognized what others ignored so in that sense yes it did.

Really? Interesting

So the fact of the matter is that the blob let this emergency fester for 2 years and one month before he did anything; right?

And he still has not done anything.

Really? Interesting

So the fact of the matter is that the blob let this emergency fester for 2 years and one month before he did anything; right?

A fair point, but not a reason to not BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

Isn't it funny how almost every Commie / Fascist Left-banger in this thread uses the word "ILLEGAL" but acts as though ILLEGALS are great American citizens?
(better than you and me by a long shot don't ya know?)

Weird people huh?

You know, being "commie/fascists' is kind of convenient. If there is another world war, we could fight ourselves, instead of involving anyone else...

Really? Interesting

A fair point, but not a reason to not BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

As soon as Mexico sends the money.

Yes
Guilty of trespassing

There it is folks...they call Breaking International Law, bringing drugs across the border, weapons trafficking and the prostitution of MINORS, ("trespassing") wow. just wow.
Most Dems think this way. And they might rule the country soon. :eek-52:

Why don't you mozy on over to this greiving parents home and tell them what you told me?
You see, they lost their child to ILLEGAL immigrants (along with thousands of other Americans) just last year alone.
THOUSANDS more stories just like that in case you think it's rare.

Mother Of Son Killed By Illegal to Pelosi: Which One Of Your Children Is Expendable For An Illegal Life?

Of course, I'm sure you'd celebrate that news. The only "good" American is a dead American, huh RW ?
Smuggling drugs, weapons trafficking, prostitution of minors are all crimes of their own merit

Crossing a border to save your family is the equivalent of trespassing

Derelict of duty?

OMG! He is going to declare that the USA is bankrupt, too?

Derelict of duty?
Actually, unemployment was the lowest under Obama’s terms. And while trump likes to boast about record minority unemployment lows, the reality is those figures weren’t much higher than record lows when trump became president. GDP averaged 2.1% per year following Bush’s Great Recession, which is about the same for Trump’s first and only year on the books.
Obama was the first president since WW2 that never achieved an annual GDP of 3% and he had two terms to do so.That's his economic legacy.

Forum List

Back