Trump wins key climate, trade concessions at stormy G20

well you leftards should have known it was coming

had you paid any attention to real news

instead of filling your hollow heads with fake news

--LOL@U

read on from june 29th

Germany ‘massively weakened’ draft G20 climate plan to appease Trump

Latest draft of German plan for next week’s Hamburg meeting contains major concessions to US and opens door for coal projects to be defined as “clean”

The action plan was intended to be agreed at next week’s Hamburg G20 summit. Climate Home has seen two versions, drafted in March and May of this year. The latter shows the degree to which the German presidency has bent to the will of the Trump White House.

Several elements that have been removed in the May draft are:

• A 2025 deadline for the end of fossil fuel subsidies
  • References to the risk of “stranded assets”
  • A call for “the alignment of public expenditure and infrastructure planning with the goals of the Paris Agreement”
  • A push for carbon pricing
  • A commitment to publish mid-century decarbonisation blueprints by next year
  • A pledge to develop a “profound” climate plan for multilateral development banks
  • Seven references to the UN’s 2018 review of nationally-determined contributions
  • 11 references to the 2050 mid-century pathway for net zero emission
  • 16 mentions of infrastructure decarbonisation
“The US massively weakened the language in the energy part of the action plan,” one source with knowledge of the negotiations said. “It pushed for references to so-called ‘clean’ fossil fuels and made it less explicit that the energy transition has to be built on energy efficiency and renewables.”

“It also provided cover to some other G20 members1 – such as the Saudis and Russia – to weaken some climate sections of the document, including the pledge to phase out fossil fuel subsidies.”

Germany 'massively weakened' draft G20 climate plan to appease Trump | Climate Home - climate change news

Making America Great Again

Big deal. Virtually every other country in the world is still in the Paris Agreement and that ill assure their continued efforts to fight man made climate change.

dillrod

the agreement was watered down

but keep your head in the sand

it is fun to watch

--LOL

coal is now a clean fuel --LOL

--LOL@U

read on from june 29th

Latest draft of German plan for next week’s Hamburg meeting contains major concessions to US and opens door for coal projects to be defined as “clean”

The action plan was intended to be agreed at next week’s Hamburg G20 summit. Climate Home has seen two versions, drafted in March and May of this year. The latter shows the degree to which the German presidency has bent to the will of the Trump White House.

• A call for “the alignment of public expenditure and infrastructure planning with the goals of the Paris Agreement”
  • A pledge to develop a “profound” climate plan for multilateral development banks
  • Seven references to the UN’s 2018 review of nationally-determined contributions
“The US massively weakened the language in the energy part of the action plan,” one source with knowledge of the negotiations said. “It pushed for references to so-called ‘clean’ fossil fuels and made it less explicit that the energy transition has to be built on energy efficiency and renewables.”

“It also provided cover to some other G20 members1 – such as the Saudis and Russia – to weaken some climate sections of the document, including the pledge to phase out fossil fuel subsidies.”

Germany 'massively weakened' draft G20 climate plan to appease Trump | Climate Home - climate change news

Big deal. Virtually every other country in the world is still in the Paris Agreement and that ill assure their continued efforts to fight man made climate change.

dillrod

it is fun to watch

--LOL

Nope. Never has been, and probably never will be. That's the thing about you crazies. You think anything you say is true, if you say it enough times.

Ah, winning...

19665609_10212292636368440_8312086586149763226_n.jpg

--LOL@U

read on from june 29th

dillrod

it is fun to watch

--LOL

Nope. Never has been, and probably never will be. That's the thing about you crazies. You think anything you say is true, if you say it enough times.
Saul Alinsky is the handbook for liberals. That's your playbook. We are not liberals.

--LOL@U

read on from june 29th

dillrod

it is fun to watch

--LOL

then you are not paying attention since that was a change made to appease trump

personally i dont care if you believe it or not

in fact i hope you dont

you think anything you say is true

i didnt say it

the liberal rag i posted said it

and the G20 now says it

--LOL

Clean coal projects such as those proposed by the Turnbull government are expected to be endorsed by G20 leaders this week.

There has been much debate in the lead-up to the Hamburg summit, which starts on Friday, surrounding the final wording of the leaders' communique when it comes to tackling climate change.

US President Donald Trump had announced his nation would pull out of the Paris climate pact and renegotiate terms, deeming it unfair and job-destroying.

He is vastly at odds with host leader German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who wants a bold and ambitious statement on climate as well as a reaffirmation of the Paris targets.

It is understood a working draft of the communique includes a climate action plan with room for clean coal if G20 members so desire.

Nocookies

Clean coal projects such as those proposed by the Turnbull government are expected to be endorsed by G20 leaders this week.
Screaming with laughter. From where do these rubes come? G20 agreements are non binding. Member states can do whatever the hell they like.

Trump expresses America's independence. Obama would have sold us out in a heartbeat. So would Hillary (only she lost). :lol:

Trumps America first policy won the day

also G20 concessions of fossil fuels

--LOL
Exactly what fossil fuel concessions did Trump get? Did the other countries agree to use more? Please explain.

well not that it is really any of your concern

the wrestled away a nice natural gas contract from from Russia

but that is a different topic

None of my concern? You were the one bragging about some concessions he was supposed to have won. Is he buying natural gas from Russia, or are they buying from us? How is that considered a concession, and how about some details?
Well, I agree that Trump didn't get anything. Some say that is a bad thing. I would disagree.

However, before we rightly pulled out of the economic disaster masquerading as some kind of climate deal, those in the G20 were saying that they couldn't accomplish lowering alleged greenhouse gases without the United States leading the way in economic oppression of its people. Now it seems, they admit that they can go it alone.

Sounds like a confession to Me, but if they want to call it a concession, hey, I'll not quibble.

Trump expresses America's independence. Obama would have sold us out in a heartbeat. So would Hillary (only she lost). :lol:

--LOL
Exactly what fossil fuel concessions did Trump get? Did the other countries agree to use more? Please explain.

None of my concern? You were the one bragging about some concessions he was supposed to have won. Is he buying natural gas from Russia, or are they buying from us? How is that considered a concession, and how about some details?
Well, I agree that Trump didn't get anything. Some say that is a bad thing. I would disagree.

However, before we rightly pulled out of the economic disaster masquerading as some kind of climate deal, those in the G20 were saying that they couldn't accomplish lowering alleged greenhouse gases without the United States leading the way in economic oppression of its people. Now it seems, they admit that they can go it alone.

Sounds like a confession to Me, but if they want to call it a concession, hey, I'll not quibble.

Could be, but I figure they decided to continue doing the right thing, knowing that Trump won't be there forever, and things will head back toward sanity before too long. The alternative is too scary to consider.

Plain language description of the Paris Climate Accord:
"Let's all agree to spend trillions of dollars to POSSIBLY reduce global temperatures by 1/2 of a degree over the next century".

Plain language description of President Trump's position:
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I will not have America participate in such lunacy".

--LOL

Could be, but I figure they decided to continue doing the right thing, knowing that Trump won't be there forever, and things will head back toward sanity before too long. The alternative is too scary to consider.
The Economic destruction of the United States for a climate hoax is not what I would call sane. When the rest of the world has caught up to the US in emission controls, then we can talk.

Forum List

Back