Trump Wins Another Democratic Debate

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
From the Bee, but not really satire.

'Let Them Fight,' Trump Says Solemnly From Backstage At Dem Debate

upload_2020-2-20_9-10-26.jpeg

LAS VEGAS, NV—As the 1,207 remaining presidential candidates on the Democratic debate stage Wednesday night proceeded to tear each other to shreds over policy and whether a millionaire or a billionaire should run the nation, Trump stood backstage watching stoically.

"Should we intervene?" Mike Pence asked nervously, clearly spooked by Pete Buttigieg. "I'll have your personal security force take them all out. Just say the word, sir. Or I can release the hounds if you prefer."

But Trump simply shook his head. "Let them fight," he said solemnly. "Let them destroy one another. I enjoy watching them bicker amongst themselves, tearing each other limb from limb like hyenas. No, we will simply let them fight one another. Then, when there is nothing left but ashes, I will swoop in and claim what is mine."

Once all the candidates had killed one another, Trump stepped on stage and pointed to a chart of the economy and was immediately declared the winner of the debate.

'Let Them Fight,' Trump Says Solemnly From Backstage At Dem Debate

It's still early.

I have a problem with the format of these debates. Whatever the questions are, and whomever they are directed to, the format should allow (a) the responder at least 90 seconds to respond, (b) a follow-up by the questioner if the answer was not responsive, and (c) 30 seconds for one or two other candidates to comment.

The non-Respondents should shut up, and be given some dignified way of asking for time to comment. Maybe a button/light setup, where only the first two commenters get their lights to shine.

One hopes that within the next couple weeks the field will shrink to three or four, so that the debates can be more meaningful.

It's still early.

I have a problem with the format of these debates. Whatever the questions are, and whomever they are directed to, the format should allow (a) the responder at least 90 seconds to respond, (b) a follow-up by the questioner if the answer was not responsive, and (c) 30 seconds for one or two other candidates to comment.

The non-Respondents should shut up, and be given some dignified way of asking for time to comment. Maybe a button/light setup, where only the first two commenters get their lights to shine.

One hopes that within the next couple weeks the field will shrink to three or four, so that the debates can be more meaningful.
It’s Dems, where the moderators answer for candidates and shutdown candidates not in favor of Deep State.

Forum List

Back