Trump will not get an infrastructure bill passed

Infrastructure as in roads, bridges, and highways? We pay state gasoline taxes. Let the states handle those.

BTW, wasn't Obama's American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 supposed to fix all that? Why are we still having infrastructure problems after his $1 trillion giveaway?

What planet do you live on? Only 1/3 of the ARRA went to infrastructure, about $250 Billion, over three years. A small fraction of what was/is needed.

Actually, it was much less - $118 Billion

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia

Almost 300 billion of the stimulus went to tax cuts but you'll never hear a RWnut admit that.

The tax cuts in Obama's Recovery and Reinvestment Act were a dismal failure. What few jobs they did create came at a price of roughly $353,125 per job.

Even the Huffington Post knows that..

Why the Stimulus Package Failed | HuffPost
Far worse than that was the huge sum that was invested in all those fake "Green Energy" companies, the majority of which went bankrupt.

Now that's funny, a RWnut has to trash tax cuts because a Democrat signed them into law. Classic derangement.

They weren't true tax cuts in the sens of Trump's tax cuts.

You guys can twist everything around to support your chocolate messiah but in the end, he was a dismal failure. Unlike Donald Trump, whose policies are really working.

You're a Trump cult member, incapable of reason.

Trump will not get an infrastructure bill passed

Funny. He hasn't even proposed one - which he should have done when he first took office. Now he's shot his wad on $1.5 trillion tax cuts for his rich buddies - and ending healthcare for about 13 million Americans.
I am not very happy with the proposed bill. At 77,300 they are taxed at 12%. 200 hundred dollars later it jumps over 20%. This is based off the numbers I ran for a married couple with one kid. Standard deduction plus a kid equals 26k off the tax bill. If a couple, both working, approach 103k or so, they need to be very careful.

The high tax blue states are still not paying their fair share. SALT deductions should be capped at 5k. This may be another kick to the face for llc's and individuals.

So? Don't make over $77,300 taxable income and you won't have to pay that!

I am not very happy with the proposed bill. At 77,300 they are taxed at 12%. 200 hundred dollars later it jumps over 20%. This is based off the numbers I ran for a married couple with one kid. Standard deduction plus a kid equals 26k off the tax bill. If a couple, both working, approach 103k or so, they need to be very careful.

It has been that way since I began working over sixty years ago. You really need to educate yourself before posting this garbage.

If your taxable income is $77,500 you pay each level of tax rate up to $77,300. If you earned $77,500, you would pay 20% on the $200.00 you earned over $77,300. You would pay an additional $40.00.

Trusting you to run any numbers on this new tax bill would be like trusting a blind Uber driver.

Are you telling everyone that they should be careful to NOT earn too much money? Wow, sure glad you were never my CPA or financial adviser.

Get educated!

After the tax cut to the wealthy, there won't be any money for an infrastructure bill. The House will even start looking at cutting SS and Medicare. BUT AT LEAST THE TRUMP FAMILY WILL BE RICHER AFTER THE TAX BILL PASSES! AIN'T AMERICA GREAT AGAIN?

Hope this is the case...

What planet do you live on? Only 1/3 of the ARRA went to infrastructure, about $250 Billion, over three years. A small fraction of what was/is needed.

Actually, it was much less - $118 Billion

ALL of which was wasted. Here in Tallahassee, we got a green radical's wet dream. We have a beautiful $3.2 MILLION TURTLE TUNNEL! A tunnel to allow turtles to safely pass under US-27 going North out of the city. A 4-lane highway that cut a small part of a major fishing lake, Lake Jackson. The environmentalists had accomplished the same thing voluntarily with the same netting you see along new construction to prevent erosion.
now how much to train the turtles of the new safe crossing?

It has been that way since I began working over sixty years ago. You really need to educate yourself before posting this garbage.

If your taxable income is $77,500 you pay each level of tax rate up to $77,300. If you earned $77,500, you would pay 20% on the $200.00 you earned over $77,300. You would pay an additional $40.00.

Trusting you to run any numbers on this new tax bill would be like trusting a blind Uber driver.

Are you telling everyone that they should be careful to NOT earn too much money? Wow, sure glad you were never my CPA or financial adviser.

Get educated!
while it's annoying ot interrupt someones conversations, i know - what good does it to you to ask a question then turn around and answer it for them?

the dems don’t want to vote with trump and there won’t be enough republicans to support a huge spending bill. Simple as that. I say good.
Why would you say good Rocko?

Our infrastructure is in bad shape. That was one bill that had he given it priority he could have gotten Dem support. One of the few areas they could have worked together.

Once they pass the taxbill with its effect o
On the deficit and revenue there is no way the Republicans will pass any big spending bills.

the dems don’t want to vote with trump and there won’t be enough republicans to support a huge spending bill. Simple as that. I say good.
Why would you say good Rocko?

Our infrastructure is in bad shape. That was one bill that had he given it priority he could have gotten Dem support. One of the few areas they could have worked together.

Once they pass the taxbill with its effect o
On the deficit and revenue there is no way the Republicans will pass any big spending bills.
Maybe they could use some of the tax money coming back from repatriation?

Forum List

Back