Trump Weighing EO To Ban Central American Migrants From Claiming Asylum

Do it. Then a federal judge will rule it unconstitutional. You can ignore that, Obama did it constantly!

President Trump is reportedly considering implementing a plan to block Central American migrants fleeing for the U.S. from claiming asylum when they reach American soil.

The move reported by the Washington Post Thursday night is the latest potential escalation in the president's preoccupation with a caravan of such migrants slowly trekking toward the the southern border.

The report said Trump is looking at using authority like he did when he implemented a travel ban on certain majority Muslim countries to bar Central Americans from entering the country as a matter of national security.

The Post reviewed a draft of the plan, which argues the president has authority under the Immigration and Nationality Act to declare migrants ineligible for asylum if it runs "contrary to national interest."

Read more at thehill.com

Hey, I thought EO's were a bad thing anti-Constitutionalists use. I swear some folks on here have been lecturing me for eight years about their evils.

Join me in fighting this right or wrong EO!
F6YYBi7.jpg

I thought we were talking about the evils of Executive Orders and how we're going to spend some time digging up complaints about use of EO's from the previous administration as a sort of hypocrisy check?

Then you post this big random picture or a conspiracy theory....

Forum List

Back