Trump we will guard our border with our military

U.S. Customs and Border Protection are the ones who do the detaining and arresting. I'm betting that we're smart enough to pair the additional soldiers up with an CBP officer to assist in detaining them (for as long as CBP wants to do so - until ICE gets there a few days, months, years, or decades later even. Obama authorized indefinite detainment FYI,) or they can indeed arrest them on a federal felony (for things like refusing to answer questions, lying to them, smuggling illegal goods, carrying false documentation, or attacking them. I'm betting there are a shit ton of other reasons they can arrest them as well.) However, the reality is that we don't want to arrest them though, if we do that then some bleeding heart idiots will take up their case.

What we really want is to keep them out, to scare them into not trying to cross the border, and I highly suspect that's the real goal with the military. I bet they'll be walking around bristling with weapons looking like they're going to blow these would be illegals away. I'd like to see some armored transport vehicles deployed (those are the ones that scare the piss out of lefties when the police buy em off the military.) I'd like to see actual tanks down there, call it a training exercise and let our soldiers get real familiar with their tools in a more laid back situation.

Psychological warfare - we can use their fear to keep them out. See, where they come from, they can be gunned down for no reason at all by those in power.

Do you think that "logical" argument would hold up in front of SCOTUS?
I don't know. However if there is a force determined to be in an area bordering our nation that was a threat to the US interior could the argument then be made?
Hypothetical: We know ISIS has cells in Mexico. They are running ops into our country and committing acts of terror. Would it then be against PoCom to place troops on the border?
Now expand that out...other terrorist orgs or drug gangs who perform terrorist acts and are subsequently classed as such.
This is not out of the realm of possibility as many of the actions currently being perpetrated by the criminal gangs in Mexico could easily be reclassified as terrorism.

Do you think it would hold up in court then?
My logic is that there seems to be a very fine line between criminal and terrorist a simple reclass.
IDK just some thoughts.

Somebody posted this earlier:

The Posse Comitatus Act (187 prohibited use of the U.S. Army to aid civil officials in enforcing the law or suppressing civil disorder unless expressly ordered to do so by the president.

Refugees aren't "illegal combatants".

Again, words have meanings.

Words sure do.....why are you calling them "refugees"????? They are an invasion force who has stated their intention to cross our southern border illegally. Guess what? This group just got the WALL built...watch and see.
Agreed. Economic migrants at best - certainly not refugees - another word that used to have a specific meaning.

migrant_apprehensions_2001-2012_630px.gif

chart-2-of-3-enforcement-levels-at-us-mexico-border.gif

~S~

No Wall will hold without manpower behind it...........To me........manpower is more important........the barrier.....aka wall needs to be better in high traffic areas where cities and towns are next to each other.

No Wall will hold without manpower behind it...........To me........manpower is more important........the barrier.....aka wall needs to be better in high traffic areas where cities and towns are next to each other.

I think the stats prove it eagle

and i'm all about protecting our borders vs. sh*tholistan , let them fend for themselves , get out boys back in country, give 'em border duty , line up the machine gun nests, throw a few hispanic corpses out, fire a few rounds day. done deal

~S~

I think the stats prove it eagle

and i'm all about protecting our borders vs. sh*tholistan , let them fend for themselves , get out boys back in country, give 'em border duty , line up the machine gun nests, throw a few hispanic corpses out, fire a few rounds day. done deal

~S~
In regards to the fight in the Middle East we are in a quagmire..........yes..........as have all who have been there in the past............

ISIS will soon die.............only to be replaced by a new group with another name............History will repeat itself again.............

Our tactics and strategy must change...............when we find them..........take them out and leave before the dust settles..............give them nothing to shoot back at..............and do no Nation building in the middle east................let them do it themselves......................When we fight ..............fight it as a War.......

In regards to Mexico I don't want Machine gun nests........but I do want our border secure and the best method is manpower...........

The problem with Mexico and Central America is the drug cartels who run the countries...........not the Mexicans themselves and THEY need to take their countries back.

New Topics

Forum List

Back