Trump we need government shutdown to pass GOP agenda

Wow, really. He is heading the American people into a civil war with his mental illness.
The voting system of the Senate is in place because of people like him, and to change the filibuster ruling's so the GOP Swamp can push their agenda through is unconstitutional

Please post article and section declaring such an action unconstitutional.

There's something quintessentially American about the lone dissenter, standing up for core principles of due process and the rule of law. Even the mighty Senate cannot silence his voice. The filibuster represents the best of American constitutionalism: protecting political minorities against the aggressive power of the majority.

House Resolution to Amend the Constitution, February 14, 1826 - Google Search

The “separation of powers clause” in the constitution was placed there as protection against any branch of the government from growing too powerful and taking away the people’s rights from the other branches. Furthermore to buttress this one need but take a look at the arithmetic all over the Federal system.

The Filibuster Protects the Rights of All Senators and the American People

Again, please post article and section declaring such an action unconstitutional, or pound sand.
Go ahead Billy, I am too tired to research tonight...

I cannot post such an article or section as described, because none such exists.

Since the filibuster is quintessentially a Senate maneuver, that is the only branch we are discussing here.

I will look it up in the morning Billy...good night

You can not cheat and change the rules of filibusters...Damn doesn't this rule changing crap bother you?
It bothers me. A lot. The question is - why didn't it bother you when Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi were engaging in that crap?!?

Can we finally come together and agree that the U.S. Constitution (and all law) must be enforced properly?!?

While this absolutely disgusts me - I believe in giving the devil his due. Even when they are the minority across the board, Dumbocrats know how to grab the Republicans by the balls and show them who is in charge.

The Republicans are such pussies - and this is a prime example of why the American people elected someone bold and boisterous, like Donald Trump. Clearly our work is not done yet and we need a lot more Donald Trump's filling Republican seats in Congress.
The legislation does not provide funding for construction of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border or eliminate money for so-called sanctuary cities that do not fully cooperate with federal immigration law, according to a summary provided by a senior congressional aide.

Nor does it cut funding for Planned Parenthood.
As always - there wasn't an ounce of compromise by the left. They put their foot down, told the majority what's what, how it would be, and when, and the Republicans immediately dropped to their knees and serviced the minority party to the fullest extent. There is no denying that the left knows how to control the federal government even when they are the minority across the board.

Congress strikes deal on funding for 2017 to avoid shutdown

Forum List

Back