Trump Wants Welfare Reform

Slashsnake

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2016
Trump says he's looking 'very, very strongly' at welfare reform

Not sure where to put this, and I haven't seen discussion about this anywhere else on the board.

"People are taking advantage of the system and then other people aren't receiving what they really need to live and we think it is very unfair to them," said Trump, flanked by Defense Secretary James Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson during a Cabinet meeting."

I would have to agree with this, but I'm sure Democrats will try to resist any kind of legislation because they don't care about the middle class anymore.

That's racist

Welfare is the number one career for blacks and mexicans

We have got to stop "incentivizing" unwed teenagers to have babies.

Its a Democratic Party Policy which will is filling the country up with helpless dependents (i.e. sure Democratic Voters) supported by a 20 trillion dollar deficit...and it WILL bankrupt the country. Just a question of when.

Should responsible citizens be made to subsidize this practice, and lay the bill off on their own children?

The Federal government should not be involved in welfare.
It should be left up to the states.

In the cause of NY, where I live, it would wallop the entire state budget at that point. I'm not sure what our idiot governor and state legislators would do.

Relax. Nothing to worry about here, since he's only looking at cutting off benefits to the poor and needy. Nothing about going after corporate welfare or subsidies and tax breaks for the extremely wealthy.

In the cause of NY, where I live, it would wallop the entire state budget at that point. I'm not sure what our idiot governor and state legislators would do.

I bet the debate would be interesting.

Our governor wanted to subsidize milk at the state fair by $0.25 with taxpayer dollars instead of requiring people to pay the $0.25 increase (for a total of $0.50).... That's how stupid he is.

Not sure where to put this, and I haven't seen discussion about this anywhere else on the board.

"People are taking advantage of the system and then other people aren't receiving what they really need to live and we think it is very unfair to them," said Trump, flanked by Defense Secretary James Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson during a Cabinet meeting."

I would have to agree with this, but I'm sure Democrats will try to resist any kind of legislation because they don't care about the middle class anymore.

If there is a thoughtful approach to welfare reform then it should be considered. If it is just a way to kick needy people off of welfare then it should be fought. It is not just about Democrats.

He wants Mexico to pay for a wall too. Don't hold your breath...

One is more doable than the other. International relations are different from domestic.

Relax. Nothing to worry about here, since he's only looking at cutting off benefits to the poor and needy. Nothing about going after corporate welfare or subsidies and tax breaks for the extremely wealthy.
Only 7 posts to get the expected liberal crying.

One is more doable than the other. International relations are different from domestic.

Yeah healthcare went well.

Yeah, congress needs to be held responsible for that, hence my position on 2018.

Yeah, congress needs to be held responsible for that, hence my position on 2018.

Trump is the leader of the republicans. He should be able to get things passed. He obviously cannot.

Trump is the leader of the republicans. He should be able to get things passed. He obviously cannot.
Right genius. There's only republicans in congress.

Right genius. There's only republicans in congress.
They have a majority genius.

(SIGH) Wake me up when welfare, cutting taxes for the rich and liberals suck are things of the past for the GOP, cause that's all they talk about...blah, blah, blah....only this time, white trash beware, he's coming for your lively hood!!

Trump doesn't lead Congress. They are in separate branches of the government for a reason.

Forum List

Back