Trump wants blacks to gamble on his "what the hell do you have to lose"

I did check again. Those two words are not in the link you posted in #1528. Stop being foolish, others are checking it too. And when they don't find those two words your credibility takes a YUUUGGGE hit!

And I went back and checked again. It's right there in front of you, fifth paragraph, third sentence. What are you smoking anyway?

This reminds me of an old joke created by the late George Carlin: when two people are in an elevator, and one of you farts, you both know who did it.

The problem with you liberals is you will never admit when you are wrong. This is something you cannot dispute, and I urge anybody here reading this debate to tell me where or how I am wrong. Go to the Wiki link, tell me that my paste didn't come out exactly as copied.
OK! here is what you said:

YOU said:
As a sanctuary city, however, which limits cooperation with ICE only to cases where active charges against the immigrant are identified.

The "limits cooperation" phrase doesn't exist. Here is the pertinent excerpt from the link:

Wiki said:
The Common Council of the city of Madison, Wisconsin enacted an ordinance on 5 March 1985 forbidding city employees, ostensibly including city police, to co-operate with immigration officials.[8]

You didn't copy that word for word so you lied. Maybe I missed the word "limits" in that one line paragraph but that is unlikely since I used the finder app on my MAC to scan the entire page for the term l'Limits cooperation." The word cooperation is there but the term "limits" is no where on the page. now what does any of that have to do with the op?

You didn't copy that word for word so you lied. Maybe I missed the word "limits" in that one line paragraph but that is unlikely since I used the finder app on my MAC to scan the entire page for the term l'Limits cooperation." The word cooperation is there but the term "limits" is no where on the page. now what does any of that have to do with the op?

I don't know what to tell you. I can take a six year old, have them click the link that I gave, and tell them to go to the appropriate paragraph, and they would read it to me exactly the way I pasted it.

Also it tells me you are not paying attention. I posted the link to the exact section--not the entire Wiki page. You need not scan anything. No need to scroll. All you have to do is click the link and look at the page right in front of you. So why don't we try this again:

Shooting of Kathryn Steinle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now click the above link. You see the topic is SUSPECT. Go to the fifth paragraph, and it's right in front of you the way I copied and pasted it. Don't scroll, don't search. Just look right in front of you.

Your imagination is running away with you. I have never heard a campaign promise from a Democrat presidential candidate suggesting a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens. If you have, I want to know who and when they said it.

Look, bud, you are getting sillier with every post. I think you were just speculating and blowing hot air when you said this: "

Shakles said:
]Once a pathway to citizenship is followed through by Democrats, note that no solution to the illegal immigration issue back at our borders were ever addressed nor provided a solution, those new citizens will then support Democrats for their kind willingness to look the other way on Federal Immigration Laws and deportation.

That sentence is a LOOONNNNGGG non sequitur. Most illegal immigrants are coming here seeking temporary work or to send remittances back home. And Democrats are not looking the other way on federal immigration laws and deportation. How many times do I have to post that Obama has deported more illegal aliens than all of his predecessors combined. You are just living in a RW fantasy world where the truth is so distorted lies become reality.
It came out of her own mouth you idiot "path to citizenship for you and your illegal families"..Are you in denial?...Are you waiting for talking points you heard her say it....Poor boy you don't believe our own ears because nobody told you what to say in response

Hillary Clinton pushes 'every candidate' (and Obama) to the left on immigration

Watch it again..did you see Hillary's comments?:dunno:

Yeah I heard Hillary clearly. She said: "As president I will fight for a path to citizenship for you and your families." So what? Fighting for a "path" to citizenship can be interpreted many ways. One clue as to what she meant and who she was talking to is when she mentioned the Dreamers… apparently alluding to the bipartisan Dream Act. That puts the narrative in a new context. The people she was addressing were young folks who weren't born here but were brought here as babes. This is the only home they have ever known.
Hillary wasn't speaking on behalf of Democrats alone, she was simply rehashing the provisions in the bi-partisan Dream Act.

Your imagination is running away with you. I have never heard a campaign promise from a Democrat presidential candidate suggesting a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens. If you have, I want to know who and when they said it.

You asked for it you got it ..double talker....You're wrong.. No "Bipartisan dream act" with a pathway to citizenship only to legal status:slap:
She didn't guarantee a pathway to citizenship, she promised to fight for a path to citizenship for people who have been here for years after having been brought here as babies or small children. By "fighting", Clinton means she will try to convince Congress to pass the Dream Act to award permanent residency to qualified Dreamers. That isn't citizenship but it is a path to it!

Npw, get back on topic….

I know what she said, you know what's she means. Listen to it a few more times. I think you're a little slow. and there is no Bipartisan dream act with a pathway to citizenship

What has any of that to do with the op?

Just pointing that out you don't know what you're talking about..nothing new really

Look, bud, you are getting sillier with every post. I think you were just speculating and blowing hot air when you said this: "

That sentence is a LOOONNNNGGG non sequitur. Most illegal immigrants are coming here seeking temporary work or to send remittances back home. And Democrats are not looking the other way on federal immigration laws and deportation. How many times do I have to post that Obama has deported more illegal aliens than all of his predecessors combined. You are just living in a RW fantasy world where the truth is so distorted lies become reality.
Yeah I heard Hillary clearly. She said: "As president I will fight for a path to citizenship for you and your families." So what? Fighting for a "path" to citizenship can be interpreted many ways. One clue as to what she meant and who she was talking to is when she mentioned the Dreamers… apparently alluding to the bipartisan Dream Act. That puts the narrative in a new context. The people she was addressing were young folks who weren't born here but were brought here as babes. This is the only home they have ever known.
Hillary wasn't speaking on behalf of Democrats alone, she was simply rehashing the provisions in the bi-partisan Dream Act.

You asked for it you got it ..double talker....You're wrong.. No "Bipartisan dream act" with a pathway to citizenship only to legal status:slap:
She didn't guarantee a pathway to citizenship, she promised to fight for a path to citizenship for people who have been here for years after having been brought here as babies or small children. By "fighting", Clinton means she will try to convince Congress to pass the Dream Act to award permanent residency to qualified Dreamers. That isn't citizenship but it is a path to it!

Npw, get back on topic….

I know what she said, you know what's she means. Listen to it a few more times. I think you're a little slow. and there is no Bipartisan dream act with a pathway to citizenship

What has any of that to do with the op?

Just pointing that out you don't know what you're talking about..nothing new really
Oh, I do know what I am talking about, You don't know what I am talking about… You're too stupid to understand what people say, including Hillary,, in the proper context!

I don't know what to tell you. I can take a six year old, have them click the link that I gave, and tell them to go to the appropriate paragraph, and they would read it to me exactly the way I pasted it.

Also it tells me you are not paying attention. I posted the link to the exact section--not the entire Wiki page. You need not scan anything. No need to scroll. All you have to do is click the link and look at the page right in front of you. So why don't we try this again:

Shooting of Kathryn Steinle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now click the above link. You see the topic is SUSPECT. Go to the fifth paragraph, and it's right in front of you the way I copied and pasted it. Don't scroll, don't search. Just look right in front of you.
That isn't the link you used in post #1528, Tye one in 1528 is the one I was responding too. If you are going to be dishonest this conversation is over.

[
I see the source of your confusion. n your emboldened sentence, two words identify your interpretative error: limits cooperation.
Those two words do NOT exist in the link you provided. You added them for effect but those two words are not applicable to the principles of so-called sanctuary cities. Your own link says:

So you're saying my computer is adding words when I copy and paste? Maybe you better check that again, because that's all I did and even provided you the link where you can read word for word what I posted.
I did check again. Those two words are not in the link you posted in #1528. Stop being foolish, others are checking it too. And when they don't find those two words your credibility takes a YUUUGGGE hit!

You clearly don't have enough knowledge on the subject nor common sense to have any credibility. I'm happy to see you decided to move on from the topic - smart move.
I moved on because the op is about what Blacks have to lose if Trump is elected. I clearly have enough sense to recognize that…apparently YOU don't. You and your comrades are deflecting. I am simply trying to steer the conversation back to the topic.

That's why you dragged on and wasted so much time rehashing Arizona and state law,in regard to the one on one discussion I had with Foxfyre over the real lack of FEDERAL immigration enforcement in this country since Reagan. If you bothered to educate yourself with our national immigration policy, you would have actually been more knowledgeable in understanding the discussion the two of us were having.

That isn't the link you used in post #1528, Tye one in 1528 is the one I was responding too. If you are going to be dishonest this conversation is over.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

"If two people are in an elevator and one of you farts, you both know who did it."
George Carlin

"The best part about being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong."
Ray from Cleveland

[
I see the source of your confusion. n your emboldened sentence, two words identify your interpretative error: limits cooperation.
Those two words do NOT exist in the link you provided. You added them for effect but those two words are not applicable to the principles of so-called sanctuary cities. Your own link says:

So you're saying my computer is adding words when I copy and paste? Maybe you better check that again, because that's all I did and even provided you the link where you can read word for word what I posted.

You clearly don't have enough knowledge on the subject nor common sense to have any credibility. I'm happy to see you decided to move on from the topic - smart move.
I moved on because the op is about what Blacks have to lose if Trump is elected. I clearly have enough sense to recognize that…apparently YOU don't. You and your comrades are deflecting. I am simply trying to steer the conversation back to the topic.

That's why you dragged on and wasted so much time rehashing Arizona and state law,in regard to the one on one discussion I had with Foxfyre over the real lack of FEDERAL immigration enforcement in this country since Reagan. If you bothered to educate yourself with our national immigration policy, you would have actually been more knowledgeable in understanding the discussion the two of us were having.
I stand by what I said but this is the wrong thread to keep harping on a side topic. If you want a cyber ass whupping' on the topic start a thread on immigration.

Now, what do Blacks have to lose if Trump is elected? If you heard Obama's latest speech you would know.

Under President Obama’s watch there was an emphasis on black males. In February 2014, the president introduced My Brother’s Keeper, to specifically focus on improving the lives of young African American males. The initiative is encouraging nonprofits to raise $200 million in five years for programs focused on young men of color. Though My Brother’s Keeper is not a federally-funded government program, no such effort has existed before under any American president. President Obama is said to be planning to make My Brother’s Keeper a major policy before he leaves office.

African American and white political pundits alike, continue to attack President Obama’s record, regardless of discriminatory practices, by pointing to the high school dropout rate, poverty rate, and high unemployment rate among African Americans. The Administration admits more work remains to further improve economic outcomes for African Americans and fight to rid the nation of the long-term disparities that have put the African American community at a disadvantage.

Still and all, this Administration’s notable record includes:

Restoring Economic Security: According to the White House, American businesses have added over 14 million jobs. This job growth has helped cut the African American unemployment rate in half – from 16.8% in March 2010 to 8.3% in December 2015, its lowest level since September 2007. The African American unemployment rate has fallen by more than the overall unemployment rate in the past few years, and is further below its pre-recession level than any other racial or ethnic group.

Helping the Long-Term Unemployed Get Back to Work: The Administration has taken steps to help more of the long-term unemployed get back to work, around one-quarter of whom are African American. The president unveiled a set of “best practices” being taken by leading employers — including over 80 members of the Fortune 500 and over 20 members of the Fortune 50 — around recruiting and hiring the long-term unemployed to remove some of the barriers that make it harder for them to navigate the hiring process. The Department of Labor awarded nearly $170 million in “Ready to Work Partnership” grants to support the best models for partnerships between employers, non-profits and the job training system, to help train and connect the long-term unemployed to work.

Providing Comprehensive Healthcare: President Obama’s victories in Congress for comprehensive health care coverage, as well as his win in the Supreme Court, meant that many African Americans benefited. By March 2015, over 16 million Americans had enrolled in Obamacare, reports NBC News. Because of Obamacare, the rates of uninsured Americans have fallen to 11.9% after being at 16% when President Bush left office. Over 3 million poor Americans, including hundreds of thousands of African Americans in the south would be covered if not for Republican governors blocking the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act.

Continued:

Continued from post #1548:

Making College More Accessible and Affordable: President Obama signed legislation increasing the maximum Pell Grant by more than $1,000 and total Pell Grant funding by 70%, helping millions of low- and moderate-income students afford college every year. He’s also taken steps to reduce student loan burdens, including ending student loan subsidies for private banks and shifting the savings back to students, reducing student loan interest rates to historic lows, and capping student loan payments at 10% of income for all students. He established and made permanent the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which provides a tax cut of up to $10,000 over four years for nearly 10 million working and middle-class families a year paying for college. The President’s budget supports America’s College Promise, which would make community college free for responsible students.

Promoting Entrepreneurship as a Path to Success: In 2013, the Administration announced it would set fees on Small Business Administration loans to zero, encouraging more lenders, particularly community banks, to provide vital access to capital for entrepreneurs. Changes to the microloan program have also increased access to loans under $50,000 for justice-involved individuals. The SBA has increased outreach to the African American community with the launch of the Business Smart Toolkit, a business basics and lender-readiness resource in partnership with the National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders. Additionally, SBA partnered with national organizations such as U.S. Black Chambers Inc. and 100 Black Men of America, to reach more entrepreneurs. SBA launched the My Brother’s Keeper Millennial Entrepreneurs Initiative, partnering with HBCUs and community colleges to promote entrepreneurship across college campuses, and MBK Millennial Entrepreneur Champion Mike Muse to encourage entrepreneurship among young people of color and other youth.

Championing Criminal Justice Reform and Fair Policing: President Obama signed the Fair Sentencing Act in 2010. This narrowed the penalty between crack and powder cocaine from 1:10 to 1:18. In 2014, President Obama established a task force on policing and in 2015, he rolled back the use of certain military equipment by local police –a Black Lives Matter related demand. During the Obama presidency, the Department of Justice has investigated several police departments, including Ferguson, Cleveland, and Philadelphia, under former Attorney General Eric Holder and current Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Helping Americans Keep Their Homes: African American families were particularly hard-hit by the housing crisis and were the victims of predatory lending. The president took action to help homeowners, including expanding access to refinancing – allowing responsible borrowers to save an average of $3,000 per year. The Administration also took measures to allow homeowners behind on their payments to modify their mortgages to avoid foreclosure – with more than 1.5 million borrowers having received permanent modifications through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), the Administration’s cornerstone foreclosure prevention program, and millions more receiving private modifications that were modeled off of HAMP.

Making Owning a Home More Affordable: The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has long been an important source of financing for African American families seeking to buy their first home. In recent years, nearly half of African American home buyers used FHA to get a mortgage. Recently, the president announced a major new step to make buying a home more affordable and accessible for creditworthy families. The FHA reduced its annual mortgage insurance premiums by half a percentage point. For the typical homebuyer, this reduction translates into a $900 reduction in their annual mortgage payment. Existing homeowners who refinance into an FHA mortgage will see similar reductions to their mortgage payments as well. Following the reduction in 2015 the number of African American borrowers (new purchase or refinance) with an FHA loan increased by nearly 50%.

Protecting Families from Financial Abuses, Hidden Fees, and Deceptive Practices: To prevent mortgage companies, credit card lenders, and payday loan companies from exploiting consumers with hidden fees and other deceptive practices, President Obama fought to pass the most far-reaching Wall Street reform in history, which created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau(CFPB). The CFPB, which works to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans, is also charged with enforcing fair lending laws to protect against discriminatory lending practices.

CONTINUED:

[

I stand by what I said but this is the wrong thread to keep harping on a side topic. If you want a cyber ass whupping' on the topic start a thread on immigration.

Now, what do Blacks have to lose if Trump is elected? If you heard Obama's latest speech you would know.

Under President Obama’s watch there was an emphasis on black males. In February 2014, the president introduced My Brother’s Keeper, to specifically focus on improving the lives of young African American males. The initiative is encouraging nonprofits to raise $200 million in five years for programs focused on young men of color. Though My Brother’s Keeper is not a federally-funded government program, no such effort has existed before under any American president. President Obama is said to be planning to make My Brother’s Keeper a major policy before he leaves office.

African American and white political pundits alike, continue to attack President Obama’s record, regardless of discriminatory practices, by pointing to the high school dropout rate, poverty rate, and high unemployment rate among African Americans. The Administration admits more work remains to further improve economic outcomes for African Americans and fight to rid the nation of the long-term disparities that have put the African American community at a disadvantage.

Restoring Economic Security: According to the White House, American businesses have added over 14 million jobs. This job growth has helped cut the African American unemployment rate in half – from 16.8% in March 2010 to 8.3% in December 2015, its lowest level since September 2007. The African American unemployment rate has fallen by more than the overall unemployment rate in the past few years, and is further below its pre-recession level than any other racial or ethnic group.

Helping the Long-Term Unemployed Get Back to Work: The Administration has taken steps to help more of the long-term unemployed get back to work, around one-quarter of whom are African American. The president unveiled a set of “best practices” being taken by leading employers — including over 80 members of the Fortune 500 and over 20 members of the Fortune 50 — around recruiting and hiring the long-term unemployed to remove some of the barriers that make it harder for them to navigate the hiring process. The Department of Labor awarded nearly $170 million in “Ready to Work Partnership” grants to support the best models for partnerships between employers, non-profits and the job training system, to help train and connect the long-term unemployed to work.

Providing Comprehensive Healthcare: President Obama’s victories in Congress for comprehensive health care coverage, as well as his win in the Supreme Court, meant that many African Americans benefited. By March 2015, over 16 million Americans had enrolled in Obamacare, reports NBC News. Because of Obamacare, the rates of uninsured Americans have fallen to 11.9% after being at 16% when President Bush left office. Over 3 million poor Americans, including hundreds of thousands of African Americans in the south would be covered if not for Republican governors blocking the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act.

Continued:

You Democrats have sent millions of young black men to prison. You run the inner cities, law enforcement, the courts, the prisons, hell you run the buses that ship them to prison. So yeah what do blacks have to lose.

1549 CONTINUED:

Permanent Tax Cuts that Promote Work and Reduce Poverty: The president established and recently made permanent significant improvements to tax credits for working families. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) were expanded to encourage work and help low-income parents afford the costs of raising a family, together providing about 16 million families a year with a tax cut averaging $900. These tax credit expansions provide about 2 million African American families a year with an average tax cut of about $1,000 each. Because of these improvements, a single parent working full-time, year-round at the federal minimum wage gets an additional CTC of more than $1,700; if the expansion were not in place, that parent would not receive any CTC.

Expanding Access to Paid Leave: last September, the president signed an executive order requiring federal contractors to offer their employees up to seven days of paid sick leave per year. An estimated 44 million private sector workers – about 40% of the total private-sector workforce – do not have access to paid sick leave, and low- and middle-income workers are much less likely to have it than high-income workers. As a result, too many working Americans cannot afford to stay home if they are ill or to take care of a sick child if it means the loss of pay. The new executive order will give approximately 300,000 Americans working on federal contracts the new ability to earn seven days of paid sick leave. The president also called on Congress to pass legislation expanding paid sick leave and paid family and medical leave to millions more workers.

Increasing Wages for Working Families: The president has called on Congress to increase the federal minimum wage. While Congress has failed to act on this issue in the past eight years, the president has worked within his power to increase wages for working families—based on an executive order, workers on new federal contracts will earn a minimum of $10.10 an hour starting this year, indexed to inflation beginning in 2016. But the president cannot raise wages alone, which is why he continues to call for Congress to pass the Raise the Wage Act to increase the federal minimum wage to $12 by 2020. According to researchers at the Economic Policy Institute, this Act would lead to a raise for 45% of all single, working African American mothers. Overall, passing the Raise the Wage Act would directly or indirectly increase wages for an estimated 35 million workers, helping to ensure fair pay and boost the economy. However, since the president called for an increase in the minimum wage in his 2013 State of the Union address, 17 states and the District of Columbia have answered his call. That means that today, a total 29 states and the District of Columbia have a higher minimum wage than the federal minimum wage.

Narrowing the Digital Divide: In July 2015, President Obama announced ConnectHome , which is a new initiative with 27 communities, one tribal nation, the private-sector, and federal government to expand high-speed broadband to more families across the country. ConnectHome will initially reach up to 200,000 children in low-income households living in public housing with the support they need to access the Internet at home. Through public and private partnership, ConnectHome communities will offer technical training, digital literacy programs, and devices to help narrow the digital divide.

Creating Affordable Retirement Savings: The Administration stresses that Social Security must remain a rock-solid, guaranteed progressive benefit that every American can rely on; although too many Americans reach their golden years without any personal savings or pension whatsoever. According to the Urban Institute, the risk of an insecure retirement is especially high for minorities: white households have six times the wealth, including retirement savings, of African Americans or Hispanics. To make it easier for families to save for retirement, the Treasury recently announced the national launch of myRA, a new starter retirement account designed for individuals who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement program. According to a Federal Reserve report, 42% of workers don’t have access to a retirement plan through their jobs. myRA is designed to help bridge this gap, and help workers get on the path to long-term savings.

Many of these initiatives will be lost if Trump wins. THIS IS WHAT BLACKS HAVE TO LOSE, DRUMPF. BTW a lot of White people too will lose the gains on this list.

President Obama's Positive Track Record For Helping African Americans

[

Continued:

You Democrats have sent millions of young black men to prison. You run the inner cities, law enforcement, the courts, the prisons, hell you run the buses that ship them to prison. So yeah what do blacks have to lose.

Obama's reforms on policing and sentencing. See paragraph 3, post #1549.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

"If two people are in an elevator and one of you farts, you both know who did it."
George Carlin

"The best part about being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong."
Ray from Cleveland

YAWNNNNN!

[

Continued:

Riiiiight and the riots and burning and looting in your Democrat inner cities nothing to see there? Obama gave Baltimore nearly a billion dollars of stimulus money, guess how much blacks got for job training...wait for it...a measly $3 million the lions share of the $900 plus million was gobbled up by the public employee unions. That's why so many black people feel abandoned and let down by Obama. Its pretty clear he's not really black, he's a spoiled half white kid, lazy, never worked a real job in his life.

1.Are you crazy or just dumb! The quote you are responding to has no mention of Kennedy. You need to put that bottle away… you are starting to hallucinate…

Stop trying to convince me to agree to subsidize your kids with my tax dollars…If you want to send 'em to a private school YOU PAY FOR IT. There is probably a tax break for private schoolers so take advantage of it and STFU!
No, there isn't....you rob us makers to fund your public school cesspool....

We are dealing with it....we are going to shove public schools up your liberal ass....:lol:

Just how are you going to do that with a loser presidential candidate? And it looks like Senate seats will tip towards the Democrats too. heh heh heh!
Good luck with your hitlery....:lol:
Tell your corporate masters to start hiring more black people. That's the problem.

And we will tell black people to start raising employable citizens

No need to tell Blacks anything…. 75% are living above the poverty level.And some of that poor 25% are working poor.

What?

Ok if you say so

[

Continued:

Riiiiight and the riots and burning and looting in your Democrat inner cities nothing to see there? Obama gave Baltimore nearly a billion dollars of stimulus money, guess how much blacks got for job training...wait for it...a measly $3 million the lions share of the $900 plus million was gobbled up by the public employee unions. That's why so many black people feel abandoned and let down by Obama. Its pretty clear he's not really black, he's a spoiled half white kid, lazy, never worked a real job in his life.

Rioting and looting? That was a while back, got any new riots and looting lately?

The Baltimore economy is anomalous to the national economy as a whole.

Trump yanked Hideous out of her hidey-hole by saying that. Then he called her a BIGOT which she surely is and the word is he has more support in the black world than anybody can imagine.... it's spelled "JOBS". Hillary can only promise more welfare, cops shot dead, kids shot dead, more beaners stealing entry-level jobs and shit schools. What DO blacks have to lose voting for Trump?
What have those Blacks living in red states GAINED after years of republican rule?

Jobs...

Good paying jobs too. I look at my own company today have the crew is black, MW is $7.25 in South Carolina they are all making over $16 bucks an hour with massive OT.

1549 CONTINUED:

Permanent Tax Cuts that Promote Work and Reduce Poverty: The president established and recently made permanent significant improvements to tax credits for working families. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC) were expanded to encourage work and help low-income parents afford the costs of raising a family, together providing about 16 million families a year with a tax cut averaging $900. These tax credit expansions provide about 2 million African American families a year with an average tax cut of about $1,000 each. Because of these improvements, a single parent working full-time, year-round at the federal minimum wage gets an additional CTC of more than $1,700; if the expansion were not in place, that parent would not receive any CTC.

Expanding Access to Paid Leave: last September, the president signed an executive order requiring federal contractors to offer their employees up to seven days of paid sick leave per year. An estimated 44 million private sector workers – about 40% of the total private-sector workforce – do not have access to paid sick leave, and low- and middle-income workers are much less likely to have it than high-income workers. As a result, too many working Americans cannot afford to stay home if they are ill or to take care of a sick child if it means the loss of pay. The new executive order will give approximately 300,000 Americans working on federal contracts the new ability to earn seven days of paid sick leave. The president also called on Congress to pass legislation expanding paid sick leave and paid family and medical leave to millions more workers.

Increasing Wages for Working Families: The president has called on Congress to increase the federal minimum wage. While Congress has failed to act on this issue in the past eight years, the president has worked within his power to increase wages for working families—based on an executive order, workers on new federal contracts will earn a minimum of $10.10 an hour starting this year, indexed to inflation beginning in 2016. But the president cannot raise wages alone, which is why he continues to call for Congress to pass the Raise the Wage Act to increase the federal minimum wage to $12 by 2020. According to researchers at the Economic Policy Institute, this Act would lead to a raise for 45% of all single, working African American mothers. Overall, passing the Raise the Wage Act would directly or indirectly increase wages for an estimated 35 million workers, helping to ensure fair pay and boost the economy. However, since the president called for an increase in the minimum wage in his 2013 State of the Union address, 17 states and the District of Columbia have answered his call. That means that today, a total 29 states and the District of Columbia have a higher minimum wage than the federal minimum wage.

Narrowing the Digital Divide: In July 2015, President Obama announced ConnectHome , which is a new initiative with 27 communities, one tribal nation, the private-sector, and federal government to expand high-speed broadband to more families across the country. ConnectHome will initially reach up to 200,000 children in low-income households living in public housing with the support they need to access the Internet at home. Through public and private partnership, ConnectHome communities will offer technical training, digital literacy programs, and devices to help narrow the digital divide.

Creating Affordable Retirement Savings: The Administration stresses that Social Security must remain a rock-solid, guaranteed progressive benefit that every American can rely on; although too many Americans reach their golden years without any personal savings or pension whatsoever. According to the Urban Institute, the risk of an insecure retirement is especially high for minorities: white households have six times the wealth, including retirement savings, of African Americans or Hispanics. To make it easier for families to save for retirement, the Treasury recently announced the national launch of myRA, a new starter retirement account designed for individuals who don’t have access to an employer-sponsored retirement program. According to a Federal Reserve report, 42% of workers don’t have access to a retirement plan through their jobs. myRA is designed to help bridge this gap, and help workers get on the path to long-term savings.

Many of these initiatives will be lost if Trump wins. THIS IS WHAT BLACKS HAVE TO LOSE, DRUMPF. BTW a lot of White people too will lose the gains on this list.

President Obama's Positive Track Record For Helping African Americans
Wow...you're a fucking idiot....

It's no wonder America is in free fall off the cliff......

[

Continued:

Rioting and looting? That was a while back, got any new riots and looting lately?

The Baltimore economy is anomalous to the national economy as a whole.
Your view from the plantation is disturbing.......

No, there isn't....you rob us makers to fund your public school cesspool....

We are dealing with it....we are going to shove public schools up your liberal ass....:lol:

Just how are you going to do that with a loser presidential candidate? And it looks like Senate seats will tip towards the Democrats too. heh heh heh!
Good luck with your hitlery....:lol:
Tell your corporate masters to start hiring more black people. That's the problem.

And we will tell black people to start raising employable citizens

No need to tell Blacks anything…. 75% are living above the poverty level.And some of that poor 25% are working poor.

What?

Ok if you say so
It turns out for a single guy $12,000 a year is considered poverty

Forum List

Back