CDZ Trump vs Obamacare

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Do I understand right that:

-Trump has issued and XO instructing the IRS not to enforce the individual insurance mandate last year and if it comes to it will again this year.

-Trump is now threatening to not pay the government's portion of the insurance subside via XO.

When it was made we knew the math would need to be adjusted as time went on and we found the errors in Obamacare. Will Trump's changes help fix it or hurt?

It will collapse it. The EO for the mandate meant nothing. The IRS could or could not enforce it. The CSR's will be ended. BTW it is now trumpcare.

He open up the market, you can now shop and buy across state lines.
He did no such thing. The market was already opened.Insurers not interested in selling ObamaCare across state lines
Keep up!
I trust that you actually read the article linked, at least in part.
I read your title. I also know what his EO's do and that is to allow buyers to shop across state lines. And, it ends subsidies to the insurance companies.

He did no such thing. The market was already opened.Insurers not interested in selling ObamaCare across state lines
Keep up!
I read your title. I also know what his EO's do and that is to allow buyers to shop across state lines. And, it ends subsidies to the insurance companies.
If you had bothered to read the article, you would have learned that buying across state lines was already allowed under the ACA. The title is not all the information.

Keep up!
If you had bothered to read the article, you would have learned that buying across state lines was already allowed under the ACA. The title is not all the information.
Oh! Is that the claim?

Oh! Is that the claim?
Yes, that is the claim, backed up by fact. Had you read the linked article, or done your own research, you would have known that.

Oh! Is that the claim?
Yes, that is the claim, backed up by fact. Had you read the linked article, or done your own research, you would have known that.[/
Oh! Is that the claim?
Yes, that is the claim, backed up by fact. Had you read the linked article, or done your own research, you would have known that.

Read this and tell me what you think.

Selling health insurance across state lines – it’s already legal under Obamacare | Jamie Dupree - PBP

Oh! Is that the claim?
Yes, that is the claim, backed up by fact. Had you read the linked article, or done your own research, you would have known that.[/
Oh! Is that the claim?

Read this and tell me what you think.

Selling health insurance across state lines – it’s already legal under Obamacare | Jamie Dupree - PBP
Um, well, there is little there I have not already brought up. So, I am unsure what you are trying to get at here.

The thing is that insurers already sell across state lines. It's not as though, say, United Healthcare's customers are all in one state and it's not as though the providers affiliated with United Healthcare are in just one state.

Then there's the practical matter of buying insurance from another state is much like buying a plane ticket from an airline that doesn't land near or where one is. It doesn't do me any good to buy a ticket on Bar Harbor Airlines if I have to go from D.C. to Bar Harbor to get on the damned plane.

His EO meant nothing for the time being.

Also, have to correct myself after reading an article from IRS, yes they will be enforcing the mandate and if you don't fill out your 1040 correctly and answer the question, did you have insurance for 2017 they will not process your return.

It would be nice if we had some clear form of getting health insurance.
1. Trump care (clearly defined). 2. ACA improved, 3. back to what insurance co will sell you, the cost three months later, how they handle claim after the fact.

Forum List

Back