Trump Using Tariffs to Pay for His Corporate Tax Cuts?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Trump's failure to reduce the US trade deficit has actually produced an increase of 7.9% over the previous year at the same time his tax giveaway to his 1% base has increased the budget deficit.

How could tariffs partially solve that problem, and who would pay?

Trump's New Tariffs on China Help Pay for his Corporate Tax Cut

"And that is that the American budget, government budget is running up deeper and deeper debt as a result of Trump’s tax giveaway to the 1%.

"And so he says, how am I going to shrink the budget deficit?

"He says, I know I’ll make my constituency pay.

"That is, the people that voted for me.

"I’ll make labor pay.

"If I can raise taxes on 300 billion of Chinese imports by another 10%, that’ll be all together I think a 20%.

"That’ll yield $60 billion to help us solve the budget deficit that I might give away to Wall Street and the wealthy corporations he’s created.

"So it’s all a diversion so that people won’t look at what’s really happening."

What's really happening is that Trump is isolating the US by driving China, Russia, Europe, and Iran into trade pacts that might well end the dollar's role as a global reserve currency.

Are you tired of winning yet?

Trump's failure to reduce the US trade deficit has actually produced an increase of 7.9% over the previous year at the same time his tax giveaway to his 1% base has increased the budget deficit.

"And that is that the American budget, government budget is running up deeper and deeper debt as a result of Trump’s tax giveaway to the 1%.

"I’ll make labor pay.

"If I can raise taxes on 300 billion of Chinese imports by another 10%, that’ll be all together I think a 20%.

"That’ll yield $60 billion to help us solve the budget deficit that I might give away to Wall Street and the wealthy corporations he’s created.

What's really happening is that Trump is isolating the US by driving China, Russia, Europe, and Iran into trade pacts that might well end the dollar's role as a global reserve currency.

And we end up paying more as a consumer, because we are the bottom feeders. Trumps Sheep never figured that out. It's all a con game, and his Toads eat it up like pac man.

Have you ever watched his base behind him when Trump is blathering off bs? Lol! He could tell them all to pick their noses right that second, then eat the buggers and they would do it. Not kidding. They are that stupid. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump greets supporters... News Photo - Getty Images

Last edited:

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

you MFers are so friggen dumb,,,

tax cuts dont get paid for,,all it means is money the government didnt have they still dont have,,,
and the people and companies get to keep more of the money they earned,,,
THATS A GOOD THING!!!

at some point you just have to walk away from the kool ade

"I’ll make labor pay.

And we end up paying more as a consumer, because we are the bottom feeders. Trumps Sheep never figured that out.
And we end up paying more as a consumer, because we are the bottom feeders. Trumps Sheep never figured that out.
I'm beginning to suspect Trump and his advisers also have much to figure out about economic isolation, in particular:

Well, it’s a war not only against China. It’s a war against the entire world. Trump has just recently stepped up the war against Russia a few days ago when the Senate agreed to penalize countries that help fund Nord Stream, like Germany..."

"That’s what an isolationist policy is.

"It isolates America.

"And Trump is doing it and this is going to mean that America is going to have to fall back on its own resources.

"Trump’s pretense is that now that we have tariffs against China, we can restore manufacturing here, but there’s no way he can bring manufacturing back because it’s already gone.

"It takes years and years to rebuild factories, to put an infrastructure, and America basically is already so overpriced because of the cost of healthcare alone.

"Not to mention housing and debt.

"So he’s locked America into an austerity program, and this austerity program is going to get deeper and deeper over the next year or two."

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

tax cuts dont get paid for,,all it means is money the government didnt have they still dont have,,,
THATS A GOOD THING!!!

And money the government will never get either. Have you seen the deficit by Trump? And corporations don't earn money. For God's sake, don't you dumb Mfers get it?
Corporations exist because of consumers. Workers work to keep Corporations alive so the workers can have. Not to make Corporations filthy rich. That's not Capitalism, it's Corporatism. You idiots keep getting the purpose for Capitalism ass backwards. You are telling us that we work for Corporations. NO! That isn't what it's about and never was it's intention. All that changed in 1979 with the Reagan tax cuts that kept the workers wages flat and raised Corporations wealth close to 300%. Wake the fuck up.

"I’ll make labor pay.

I'm beginning to suspect Trump and his advisers also have much to figure out about economic isolation, in particular:

Well, it’s a war not only against China. It’s a war against the entire world. Trump has just recently stepped up the war against Russia a few days ago when the Senate agreed to penalize countries that help fund Nord Stream, like Germany..."

"It isolates America.

"And Trump is doing it and this is going to mean that America is going to have to fall back on its own resources.

"Trump’s pretense is that now that we have tariffs against China, we can restore manufacturing here, but there’s no way he can bring manufacturing back because it’s already gone.

"It takes years and years to rebuild factories, to put an infrastructure, and America basically is already so overpriced because of the cost of healthcare alone.

"So he’s locked America into an austerity program, and this austerity program is going to get deeper and deeper over the next year or two."
Thank you! People, listen to George Phillip. He sees things through the prism of being educated, informed, and understands common sense. George Phillip for president. :banana:

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!
What makes you think tax cuts for rich people and corporations aren't coming out of your pocket?

How Corporate Welfare Hurts You

"There are several ways corporations get rich on the taxpayer’s dime. The most obvious comes through subsidies or tax breaks for certain businesses or industries.

"Consider the fossil fuel industry, one of the most profitable and privileged sectors of the economy. Every year, oil companies get to deduct millions of dollars from their tax bills for the cost of new wells, oil exploration, and other drilling and mining expenses.

"It’s been estimated that repealing these special tax breaks would save taxpayers $39 billion over 10 years."

Corporations are currently piling up capital without knowing what to do with it aside from unproductive stock buybacks.

It would serve society much better if that surplus capital was taxed an invested in public infrastructure like roads, bridges, and schools.

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!
What makes you think tax cuts for rich people and corporations aren't coming out of your pocket?

"There are several ways corporations get rich on the taxpayer’s dime. The most obvious comes through subsidies or tax breaks for certain businesses or industries.

"Consider the fossil fuel industry, one of the most profitable and privileged sectors of the economy. Every year, oil companies get to deduct millions of dollars from their tax bills for the cost of new wells, oil exploration, and other drilling and mining expenses.

"It’s been estimated that repealing these special tax breaks would save taxpayers $39 billion over 10 years."

Corporations are currently piling up capital without knowing what to do with it aside from unproductive stock buybacks.

It would serve society much better if that surplus capital was taxed an invested in public infrastructure like roads, bridges, and schools.

I know its not coming out of my pocket because it was never there to start with,,,
and all it means is the person or company keeps more of their own money,,,

THATS A GOOD THING

the problem is spending and always has been

just step away from the kool ade and you will be fine,,,

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!

And money the government will never get either. Have you seen the deficit by Trump? And corporations don't earn money. For God's sake, don't you dumb Mfers get it?
Corporations exist because of consumers. Workers work to keep Corporations alive so the workers can have. Not to make Corporations filthy rich. That's not Capitalism, it's Corporatism. You idiots keep getting the purpose for Capitalism ass backwards. You are telling us that we work for Corporations. NO! That isn't what it's about and never was it's intention. All that changed in 1979 with the Reagan tax cuts that kept the workers wages flat and raised Corporations wealth close to 300%. Wake the fuck up.
Corporations exist because of consumers. Workers work to keep Corporations alive so the workers can have. Not to make Corporations filthy rich.
Corporations also would not exist without government charters.

What Is a Corporate Charter | UpCounsel 2019

"A corporate charter also called a charter or articles of incorporation, is a composed record that the creators of a corporation file with the US state.3 min read

"What is a corporate charter? A corporate charter, also called a charter or articles of incorporation, is a composed record that the creators of a corporation file with the applicable US state."

When corporations renege on their obligation to repay the state for their very existence by refusing to pay taxes, it is hard to see why productive workers would support their freeloading?

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!

Corporations exist because of consumers. Workers work to keep Corporations alive so the workers can have. Not to make Corporations filthy rich.
Corporations also would not exist without government charters.

What Is a Corporate Charter | UpCounsel 2019

"A corporate charter also called a charter or articles of incorporation, is a composed record that the creators of a corporation file with the US state.3 min read

"What is a corporate charter? A corporate charter, also called a charter or articles of incorporation, is a composed record that the creators of a corporation file with the applicable US state."

When corporations renege on their obligation to repay the state for their very existence by refusing to pay taxes, it is hard to see why productive workers would support their freeloading?

have you always been this disconnected from reality or is it something new your trying???

"I’ll make labor pay.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!

THATS A GOOD THING!!!

I know its not coming out of my pocket because it was never there to start with,,,
and all it means is the person or company keeps more of their own money,,,

THATS A GOOD THING

the problem is spending and always has been

just step away from the kool ade and you will be fine,,,
OMG! These folks are unbelievable. You really do not get it do you? When Corporations get a tax cut, and the price of goods are raised, how exactly is that not coming out of your pocket? Do you not realize that Corporations are raising prices on goods, getting a tax cut to boot, some getting big tax deductions, and paying their workers the same flat wage? Do you know what corporation does that? Take a wild guess? In the mean time, you are wrong. It is coming out of your pocket. Wake the hell up.

"I’ll make labor pay.

"It isolates America.

Thank you! People, listen to George Phillip. He sees things through the prism of being educated, informed, and understands common sense. George Phillip for president. :banana:
hank you! People, listen to George Phillip. He sees things through the prism of being educated, informed, and understands common sense. George Phillip for president.
After nearly 72 years on this planet, I'm beginning to grasp the concept of exploitation:

MR Online | Why Karl Marx was right about capitalism

"Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other–capitalists and workers

The Communist Manifesto

"Despite all the pronouncements that class doesn’t exist, that the biggest divisions are those between nations, sexes, or cultures, Marx was right about the nature of capitalism.

"It is a system defined by the exploitation of the working class by the capitalists.
karl-marx-11-728.jpg

"When Marx wrote the Communist Manifesto and later, Capital, capitalism dominated only in pockets of Europe and North America.

"Most of the the world’s population were peasants, independent farmers or tribal groups.

However, capitalism quickly became a global system. Around the world, peasants were thrown off their land and pushed into rapidly-developing urban centres.

"The working class and the capitalist class grew as nation states were established. Society became polarised between these two main social classes.

"The working class, which includes white collar and blue collar workers–anyone who has to sell their capacity to labour power to a boss in exchange for a wage–is now more than 2 billion people.

tax cuts dont get paid for,
These certainly aren't.
why did you edit my comment out of context??
Because it was the only way to make it make sense.
so lying is the only way things make sense to you???
for some reason that doesnt surprise me,,,
Where did I lie?
by posting my comment out of context and then claiming it to be something else,,,
not surprising really,,,its become a standard for idiots and morons,,,

Forum List

Back