Trump Used Sham Invoices To Pay Off Mistresses

Trump’s company approved $420,000 in payments to Cohen, relying on ‘sham’ invoices, prosecutors say

President Trump’s real estate company authorized paying $420,000 to lawyer Michael Cohen in his effort to silence women during the presidential campaign and then relied on “sham” invoices from Cohen that concealed the nature of the payments, according to legal filings released Tuesday.

The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office, when Cohen approached Trump Organization executives seeking to be reimbursed for “election-related” expenses, prosecutors said.

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

"B-b-b-b-b-but sham invoices are legal! I'm a certified election expert!"

"Look! A rabid Mexican squirrel!"

Is that illegal child?

It demonstrates an attempt to hide the transaction. Which will destroy 'but we did this accidentally and didn't mean to violate the law' claims.

The point is that if it wasn't campaign funds it doesn't matter. It is what it is, you got all excited yesterday for nothing.

Nope. Its an illegal campaign contribution.

One Cohen has admitted Trump instructed him and coordinated with him to make. With audio to back it up.

Nope. You are going to be disappointed....again. The only way it was illegal is if he used CAMPAIGN funds ;)

Then how could have Cohen plead guilty to something you insist wasn't a crime?

If I were paying someone to hide from my wife and family that i was having an extramarital affairs I would hide the payments.

All legal.

There are many, many witnesses to Trump's crimes. Not just Cohen. And there are records.

Keep dreaming, liar.
Like I said who cares?....we sent him to DC because he is not a boy scout...we all know the Donald...he has been in the public eye warding off law suits for decades...we know who we voted for....

He plead guilty to not reporting it.

Doing it was legal.

No, he plead guilty to making the contribution:

Excessive campaign contributions

Prosecutors charged Cohen with making an excessive campaign contribution on Oct. 27, 2016.

Here are the charges Trump's ex-lawyer Michael Cohen admitted to in federal court

What's your next excuse?

Makes no sense, Trump is President, why is he paying for silence? Cohen is making it up

He tried to get them to keep their mouth shut leading up to the election, it worked. Is it right to do? Nope, but it isn't illegal.

In paying them to benefit the campaign, yes...it is illegal.

Its an illegal campaign contribution totalling hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Again, how can Cohen plead guilty to something you insist isn't a crime?

You really don't understand how these things work do you? Do you understand how plea deals work?

Makes no sense, Trump is President, why is he paying for silence? Cohen is making it up

He tried to get them to keep their mouth shut leading up to the election, it worked. Is it right to do? Nope, but it isn't illegal.

In paying them to benefit the campaign, yes...it is illegal.

Its an illegal campaign contribution totalling hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Again, how can Cohen plead guilty to something you insist isn't a crime?

You really don't understand how these things work do you? Do you understand how plea deals work?

So excessive campaign contributions isn't a crime? Then why was Cohen charged with it?

Smiling....explain it to us.

There are many, many witnesses to Trump's crimes. Not just Cohen. And there are records.

Keep dreaming, liar.
Like I said who cares?....we sent him to DC because he is not a boy scout...we all know the Donald...he has been in the public eye warding off law suits for decades...we know who we voted for....
So when you said, "If the American people have rock solid proof that a candidate lied repeatedly in order to win an election (a closely won election) then I believe that should be grounds for impeachment", that applied only to the black guy.

You should have said it doesn't apply to Republicans, you lying hypocrite.

So he took money from one of his companies to try to hide that he was paying off women to be quiet. Ok, but all this happened before he became president.
What part of "The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office" did you not see, willfully blind monkey?
What part of where is your proof you don't understand?
Dipshit claimed the false invoice payments were made before Trump became President.

Clear proof of willful blindness on his part.

How...embarrassing for him.

And now you are being willfully blind, too? Really?
Still you offer no proof just insults. Where is the proof? Not what someone said.
Locker up! Locker up! Locker up!

It amuses me watching the Rube Herd pretending to care about evidence these days. :lol:
I always have cared about evidence. No one should be found guilty of an accusation without evidence. But you still aren't providing any evidence but you do try to change the subject. Where is your proof?

Doing it was legal.
No, that is not what Cohen pled guilty to. You can't report a contribution which exceeds the legal limit, dipshit.

Stop making a public fool of yourself.

Keep dreaming, liar.
So when you said, "If the American people have rock solid proof that a candidate lied repeatedly in order to win an election (a closely won election) then I believe that should be grounds for impeachment", that applied only to the black guy.

You should have said it doesn't apply to Republicans, you lying hypocrite.

Ram's gonna need some Aloe for that burn.

Damn, G......nice pick.

I don't see where it is a campaign contribution at all. Campaign committees aren't permitted to use contributions to pay off extortionists and blackmailers. That isn't a lawful expense for them to pay.

But if it were, what advantage would President Trump had to pay this expense from the campaign or his personal funds? It really didn't make a difference to him. So he relied on his lawyer, Mr. Cohen, to advise him of the correct way of doing things legally.

No your wrong. He didnt. Read counts 7 and 8 of Plea Agreement.

Plead to not disclosing it as campaign contributions and the amount. Both of which charges are tacit approval of the payment by USDOJ.

What part of "The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office" did you not see, willfully blind monkey?
What part of where is your proof you don't understand?
Dipshit claimed the false invoice payments were made before Trump became President.

Clear proof of willful blindness on his part.

How...embarrassing for him.

And now you are being willfully blind, too? Really?
Still you offer no proof just insults. Where is the proof? Not what someone said.
Locker up! Locker up! Locker up!

It amuses me watching the Rube Herd pretending to care about evidence these days. :lol:
I always have cared about evidence. No one should be found guilty of an accusation without evidence. But you still aren't providing any evidence but you do try to change the subject. Where is your proof?
Read the link, dumbass.

Like I said, I realize it is longer than a tweet, but do your best, mm-kay?

Mueller just wanted a guilty plea. It really didn't matter to him if it was a crime or not. After all, this isn't a case that will have to be litigated. Cohen pleaded guilty

Doing it was legal.
No, that is not what Cohen pled guilty to. You can't report a contribution which exceeds the legal limit, dipshit.

Plead to not reporting and the amount

Counts 7 and 8

Read it and weep

There is no legal limit to the amount a candidate can contribute.

If Trump had wanted to give a billion dollars, it would have been legal for him to do so.

No your wrong. He didnt. Read counts 7 and 8 of Plea Agreement.

Plead to not disclosing it as campaign contributions and the amount. Both of which charges are tacit approval of the payment by USDOJ.

Count 7 is willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution

Count 8 is making an excessive campaign contribution.

Says who? Says the actual plea agreement.

Document: Michael Cohen Plea Agreement

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

There is no legal limit to the amount a candidate can contribute.

If Trump had wanted to give a billion dollars, it would have been legal for him to do so.
Cohen was not a candidate.

Are you and OODA on heroin?

Trump’s company approved $420,000 in payments to Cohen, relying on ‘sham’ invoices, prosecutors say

President Trump’s real estate company authorized paying $420,000 to lawyer Michael Cohen in his effort to silence women during the presidential campaign and then relied on “sham” invoices from Cohen that concealed the nature of the payments, according to legal filings released Tuesday.

The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office, when Cohen approached Trump Organization executives seeking to be reimbursed for “election-related” expenses, prosecutors said.

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

"B-b-b-b-b-but sham invoices are legal! I'm a certified election expert!"

"Look! A rabid Mexican squirrel!"

Nonsense.

Orange Jesus doesn't commit crimes.

Only Hillary and liberals commit crimes!

Forum List

Back