Trump U is out of the way. What about the Trump Foundation's investigations?

R

rdean

Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words.

Of the $7.8 million in personal giving that The Post identified, about 70 percent — $5.5 million — went to the Trump Foundation, which was founded in 1987. All of that giving came before 2009; since then, the foundation’s tax records show no donations at all from Trump to his foundation. Its coffers have been filled by others, including $5 million from pro-wrestling executives Vince and Linda McMahon.

Trump promised to give away the proceeds of Trump University. He promised to donate the salary he earned from “The Apprentice.” He promised to give personal donations to the charities chosen by contestants on “Celebrity Apprentice.” He promised to donate $250,000 to a charity helping Israeli soldiers and veterans.

Together, those pledges would have increased Trump’s lifetime giving by millions of dollars. But The Post has been unable to verify that he followed through on any of them.

In reality, it has been funded largely by other people. Tax records show the Trump Foundation has received $5.5 million from Trump over its life, and nothing since 2008. It received $9.3 million from other people.

Its smallest-ever gift, for $7, was paid to the Boy Scouts in 1989, at a time when it cost $7 to register a new Scout. Trump’s oldest son was 11 at the time. Trump did not respond to a question about whether the money was paid to register him.

At other times, Trump used his foundation’s funds to settle legal disputes involving Trump’s for-profit companies and to buy two large portraits of himself, including one that wound up hanging on the wall of the sports bar at a Trump-owned golf resort.

NY attorney general sends cease and desist order to Trump Foundation

The New York attorney general's office on Monday ordered Donald Trump's charitable foundation to stop raising money in the state because it does not have the proper certification.

The cease and desist order obtained by NBC News also asks the Donald J. Trump Foundation to send any delinquent financial reports to Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's office within 15 days. It is dated Sept. 30.

New York attorney general grants Trump Foundation more time to file proper paperwork, comply with state charity laws

Earlier this month, The Washington Post reported that the Donald J. Trump Foundation lacked the official registration required to solicit donations — although it had survived for years on gifts from other donors. By failing to register, the Trump Foundation avoided a requirement to submit to annual independent audits. Those might have detected some of the apparent violations of charity law that have come to light this year, including instances where Trump used the charity's money to buy paintings of himself and to help settle lawsuits involving his for-profit businesses.

=============================

Wow, an illegal charity, never audited, taking in millions, using the money to settle lawsuits, buying "stuff" for the family. Even paying bribes.

Pam Bondi attempts to return $25,000 to Trump charity

The difference between this and Trump U is that there is no civil suit. This is outright breaking the law. And it's not going through the DOJ, which Trump now owns. This is going through a state AG where Trump is very unpopular after using illegal immigrants for work, and stiffing his employees. So far, all we know about is between 10 and 20 million. But it's never been audited. If the Trumps turn in a report and later, other monies pop up they didn't report, it's a federal offense. They lied to the Government.

This will go far into Trump's term until it's settled. Can't wait to see what happens.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Keep butthurting rdean......it makes for good comedy.

I don't like Trump.

but I voted for him anyway......just to keep the SCOTUS conservative.

Your side lost. Hillary is beating her staff. Get over it.

I don't like Trump.

You don't "get over" criminal activity.

I don't like Trump.

Then you have no complaints about additional and continuing investigations into Hillary, Bill, and their Foundation?

I don't like Trump.

Then you have no complaints about additional and continuing investigations into Hillary, Bill, and their Foundation?
Benghazi had 8 investigations.

The Clinton Foundation has been investigated by the FBI, CIA and taxpayer funded Congressional Investigations over many years.

You must agree with me that Trump deserves the same scrutiny. Right?

I don't like Trump.

The Clinton Foundation has been investigated by the FBI, CIA and taxpayer funded Congressional Investigations over many years.

and they are STILL investigating.

Somehow, I doubt the investigations will be over til after the Clintons have passed on, and people can stop worrying about the Clinton Mafia

I don't like Trump.

Yes, he does.

I don't like Trump.

Yes, I've heard they will continue to investigate HIllary.
And waste even more money? Benghazi alone had at least 8.

Only one reporter has looked at Trump Foundation and now it's under multiple investigations.

Hillary has been looked at by the FBI, the CIA and a bunch of tax payer funded congressional investigations. If the GOP loses the house before Trump is out of office, guess what happens?

I don't like Trump.

Yes, I've heard they will continue to investigate HIllary.
And waste even more money? Benghazi alone had at least 8.

Only one reporter has looked at Trump Foundation and now it's under multiple investigations.

Hillary has been looked at by the FBI, the CIA and a bunch of tax payer funded congressional investigations. If the GOP loses the house before Trump is out of office, guess what happens?

Unfortunately, yes. They will waste more money.

I don't like Trump.

Considering they have been investigated for many years by the FBI, the CIA and taxpayer funded Congressional investigations, and no wrongdoing has been uncovered, I suspect it's just a way of losing taxpayer money.

Only a single reporter, David Fahrenthold, has been investigating the Trump Foundation and that is behind multiple criminal investigations. Imagine if the Republicans gave it the same attention they give to the Clintons.

How a Single Reporter Stopped Trump’s Foundation in its Tracks

Trump Foundation starting to pop up. Like a nasty zit.

Forum List

Back