Trump trying to con money from Germany

White House shoots down German officials' claim that Trump gave Merkel a $374 billion bill to pay for NATO
The White House denied reports on Sunday that President Trump gave German Chancellor Angela Merkel a $374 billion invoice for money her country owed the US for NATO defense.

The Times of London published a story citing anonymous German officials who claimed Trump gave Merkel the bill during their meeting in Washington last week.

"No, this is not true," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said when Business Insider reached out to the White House for comment.

The Times reported that one German minister said the alleged exchange was "outrageous" and that "the concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such provocations."

NATO members are supposed to contribute 2% of GDP to the treaty, though Germany only contributes 1.2% . The US, on the other hand, contributes 3.6% — almost double the requirement. Trump, like President Barack Obama before him, has demanded that NATO members pay their fair share .

After the meeting with Merkel, Trump doubled down on his desire for Germany to up its contribution. "Germany owes vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!" the president tweeted on Saturday, March 18.

From a man most famous for his lying (besides his wealth)...

might not be true about the invoice but the germans and others need to pay up their 'nato' bills !!

might not be true about the invoice but the germans and others need to pay up their 'nato' bills !!
Yes, they do need to contribute more to their own defense.

or the honest and trustworthy anonymous German official.....fake news.

White House shoots down German officials' claim that Trump gave Merkel a $374 billion bill to pay for NATO
The White House denied reports on Sunday that President Trump gave German Chancellor Angela Merkel a $374 billion invoice for money her country owed the US for NATO defense.

The Times of London published a story citing anonymous German officials who claimed Trump gave Merkel the bill during their meeting in Washington last week.

"No, this is not true," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said when Business Insider reached out to the White House for comment.

The Times reported that one German minister said the alleged exchange was "outrageous" and that "the concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such provocations."

NATO members are supposed to contribute 2% of GDP to the treaty, though Germany only contributes 1.2% . The US, on the other hand, contributes 3.6% — almost double the requirement. Trump, like President Barack Obama before him, has demanded that NATO members pay their fair share .

After the meeting with Merkel, Trump doubled down on his desire for Germany to up its contribution. "Germany owes vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!" the president tweeted on Saturday, March 18.

Did he present such a bill? I don't know. Maybe there's something in there, about religion or whatever. I don't know. A lot of people are saying he did. Many many people have said that. I have people looking into it right now. It's unbelievable what they've found. Unbelievable.

Um..............Merkel has been bitch crying for the last year about having to pay. Germany is not a victim. OIC...........Politics USA....that's the screw up right there. That is an untrustworthy news source.

America's Idiot President Tried To Invoice Germany For Money That They Don't Owe NATO

I wouldn't even say he's like the mob, he's just sending memos with no value hoping someone will believe their content. This is more like Trump University.

Of course he's a noob when it comes to government, but is he really that ignorant, or just being a jerk?

Getting money from provided services is now conning?

No wonder that people who think taxes and welfare benefits are the holy grail would think this.

What a joke.

Getting money from provided services is now conning?

No wonder that people who think taxes and welfare benefits are the holy grail would think this.

What a joke.
Taxes and welfare benefits are a treaty? Wow!

America's Idiot President Tried To Invoice Germany For Money That They Don't Owe NATO

I wouldn't even say he's like the mob, he's just sending memos with no value hoping someone will believe their content. This is more like Trump University.

Of course he's a noob when it comes to government, but is he really that ignorant, or just being a jerk?
OK you... 'XYZ' would you find it more palatable if The US withdrew from NATO altogether only rejoining NATO - if asked by the body to do so - if all debts that the US claims it is owed are paid up ???

What I gather is that you fundamentally don't think that America and all of us its citizens are the first priority here... You more than likely subscribe to a globalist utopian ideal where 'America first' is an anathema to your cause...

Um..............Merkel has been bitch crying for the last year about having to pay. Germany is not a victim. OIC...........Politics USA....that's the screw up right there. That is an untrustworthy news source.

Yeah but a lot of people are saying he gave her a bill. He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. I have people that have been studying it, and they cannot believe what they're finding. And I'll tell you what, PoliticsUSA brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he gave her a bill. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if they would report it accurately I think they'd probably get better ratings than they're getting.

Was it a bll? You tell me. Some people say that was not a bill. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows.

Barry Hussein gave away an approximate 10 billion in crates of cash and euros to a country that supports terrorism and the left didn't seem to care. Now that the Trump administration calls for European nations to pay their fair share of NATO the left calls it a "con job". No surprises here.

Yeah but a lot of people are saying he gave her a bill. He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. I have people that have been studying it, and they cannot believe what they're finding. And I'll tell you what, PoliticsUSA brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he gave her a bill. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if they would report it accurately I think they'd probably get better ratings than they're getting.

Was it a bll? You tell me. Some people say that was not a bill. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows.
You disgust me... all this tizzy over a 'bill'.. he should have stuck it on her forehead in front of the media (the part were they usually shake hands) and then chewed her out for her treasonous acts against her own people... Then asked her to appoligize to us her hosts nation for Germany acting as a conduit for the influx of improperly vetted, potential terrorists to enter our country... That's for starters

You disgust me... all this tizzy over a 'bill'.. he should have stuck it on her forehead in front of the media (the part were they usually shake hands) and then chewed her out for her treasonous acts against her own people... Then asked her to appoligize to us her hosts nation for Germany acting as a conduit for the influx of improperly vetted, potential terrorists to enter our country... That's for starters

235.gif

Read it again and see if you can figure out who's words those are. The entire post.

New Topics

Forum List

Back