Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Oh, my! Now a former Trump campaign and WH insider has acknowledged the nature of the meeting Trump team members had with the Russians.

Among Bannon's remarks form the linked article:
  • "They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”
  • "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers....Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."
  • "In a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people. Any information could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication” {Wow! He even acknowledges Breitbart's relatively illegitimacy as a news organization.)
  • "This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face."
  • “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit. The Kushner shit is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”
  • “They’re sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five.”

Last edited:
Now, you know very well that the right will yell FAKE NEWS and we never liked that guy anyway.

Oh, my! Now a former Trump campaign and WH insider has acknowledged the nature of the meeting Trump team members had with the Russians.

The day that story broke was one of the brightest of 2017. We haven't heard a lot about it lately, but that doesn't Mueller is overlooking it.
That was prime "smoking gun" evidence that the Trump campaign was ready, willing and able to work with the Russians on influencing the campaign. There was a remark in the original email indicating the Russian government was making efforts to help the Trump campaign. There was no big kerfluffle about that from anyone on the team. It was already ongoing and they knew all about it. This was no initial fishing expedition by Moscow, I don't think.

Unfortunately, I give no credence to anything Bannon spews

Bannon actually thinks he's a viable candidate for president.
So what. That does not make inaccurate his awareness and assertions about the nature of the interactions between Trump, the Trump team and Russian state actors aiming to have confounded the 2016 election process. Sure, his having designs on running for POTUS may give him a reason to share what he knows, but it doesn't invalidate the veracity of his attestations about what he observed and knows.

Bannon actually thinks he's a viable candidate for president.
So what. That does not make inaccurate his awareness and assertions about the nature of the interactions between Trump, the Trump team and Russian state actors aiming to have confounded the 2016 election process. Sure, his having designs on running for POTUS may give him a reason to share what he knows, but it doesn't invalidate the veracity of his attestations about what he observed and knows.

Whence his veracity comes? I've not been impressed.

Bannon writes Breitbart

I have no reason to believe anything he would print in book form

• "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers....Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."
  • "In a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people. Any information could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication” {Wow! He even acknowledges Breitbart's relatively illegitimacy as a news organization.)
  • "This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face."
  • “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit. The Kushner shit is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”
Shitforbrains, candidate Obama met with leaders of Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Germany, France, and Britain.

Shitforbrains, candidate Obama met with leaders of Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Germany, France, and Britain.
Please do not again respond with empty and irrelevant facts....And which of those nations and/or their heads of state were at the time of the meetings were rivals rather than allies, and as rivals clearly posed an existential threat to the United States?
Contrast what you find at the above links with this: 200 Years of U.S.-Russia Relations. Quite simply there is no positive forward-looking tone to be found there.

Please do not again respond with empty and irrelevant facts....And which of those nations and/or their heads of state were at the time of the meetings were rivals rather than allies, and as rivals clearly posed an existential threat to the United States?
Contrast what you find at the above links with this: 200 Years of U.S.-Russia Relations. Quite simply there is no positive forward-looking tone to be found there.
Candidate Obama was a rival to Kuwait, Britain, Egypt etc?

Your lame desperate spins are hilarious.

Candidate Obama was a rival to Kuwait, Britain, Egypt etc?

Your lame desperate spins are hilarious.
I wrote neither explicitly nor tacitly anything of the sort.

This bannon guy sounds treasonous to me.
Bannon confirms Democrats were right! Trump Campaign UNPATRIOTIC & TREASONOUS traitors! Interesting NOT, as rational voters knew these DOPer leaders and voters were these always! Both/them turning and eating own.

Popcorn anyone?

I thought Bannon was a raving lunitic. Go figure!

The book reveals that the Trump campaign had no expectation of winning.

It was always about making MONEY after the loss. Spewing Clinton hate to these DOPER MORONS and the gullible GOP Traitors to America, to feel better about their
Anti-American views, Racism and Bigotries. AKA the Christian gullible Morons. If you can believe in a magic man who knows all and plans your life. You can see why the Great Douche is acceptable fake godly like to them. Brainwashed folks as always. Reading of, and teachings from bibles does that to sick GULLIBLE humans. OOPS! That be Sub-Human living so-called thangs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back