Trump told by Rosenstien he is not a target in the Mueller investigation.

Trump is in the third category in bold.

If you are involved in a federal investigation, one of the things that will be of incredible importance to you is your status in the investigation. There are three statuses, let me talk about each of them.

The first status you have to worry about is being a target. A target is the person to the prosecutor is gunning for, that's the target of investigation. It's the person who the prosecutor believes has committed a crime and their trying to figure out what the crime was and how to build a case against them.

A witness, on the other hand, is somebody who has really got very little exposure. The prosecutor believes that the person hasn't done it wrong, they simply have information, they were there, they saw something, they have documents that relate to something. They're not caught up in it.

The last status is in-between the two, you’re a subject. And so if you're subject in an investigation what that means is that you're not a target, so they're not gunning for you, but the prosecutor thinks that there is good reason to believe you may have done something wrong. You may have committed a crime or been a part of a criminal activity or part of a conspiracy.

Targets, Subjects, And Witnesses In Federal Investigations :: Federal Criminal Attorney KaiserDillon PLLC
Is a subject the same as a "matter"?

Seriously though aren't you tired of our PREMIER LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES playing these stupid political games?

“Target” is actually a specific legal term. “Subject” is another which he could be. This reflects an indirect investigation. It also doesn’t mean Trump wouldn’t become a target later in the investigation

What I find rather pathetic about this thread is that you asshats are always saying the entire investigation is bullshit, but when the narrative of the investigation is more favorable to Trump, you pretend the investigation actually is legitimate. You cherry pick like a bunch of children.

We do that on both sides, liberals do it also, even with your post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some do. Overall we are more objective.

Snowflakes are more objective?

iu
No they are not, because they are a form of precipitation.

Trump is in the third category in bold.

If you are involved in a federal investigation, one of the things that will be of incredible importance to you is your status in the investigation. There are three statuses, let me talk about each of them.

The first status you have to worry about is being a target. A target is the person to the prosecutor is gunning for, that's the target of investigation. It's the person who the prosecutor believes has committed a crime and their trying to figure out what the crime was and how to build a case against them.

A witness, on the other hand, is somebody who has really got very little exposure. The prosecutor believes that the person hasn't done it wrong, they simply have information, they were there, they saw something, they have documents that relate to something. They're not caught up in it.

The last status is in-between the two, you’re a subject. And so if you're subject in an investigation what that means is that you're not a target, so they're not gunning for you, but the prosecutor thinks that there is good reason to believe you may have done something wrong. You may have committed a crime or been a part of a criminal activity or part of a conspiracy.

Targets, Subjects, And Witnesses In Federal Investigations :: Federal Criminal Attorney KaiserDillon PLLC
Is a subject the same as a "matter"?

Seriously though aren't you tired of our PREMIER LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES playing these stupid political games?
it was supposedly leaked by the Trump administration a few weeks ago, because allegedly pres trump was pleased that he was not a ''target'' and wanted everyone to know...but everyone was also told that he was a 'Subject'' in this criminal investigation... and I am not certain that president trump understands the severity of being a subject can be....or he thinks the public will not know....I just am uncertain.... but it was his team that leaked it, something like 'sources in the white house'.....

so, the president is also playing games with this....he started it, for some strange reason....

and all the headlines read with the same positive spin, ''the president is not a Target in the Mueller investigation blah blah blah....''

instead of a negative headline of, ''the president is a designated Subject in the Mueller investigation''

Anyway, being brought out twice with the same alleged positive message, ''the president is not a target'', a few weeks apart is just part of the president's manipulation through persuasion of his acolytes imo...

sorry for the sidebar.....

Only hacks on both sides thought he was a "target". It makes for a convenient volleyball when the news swings in either direction. If Mueller finds any wrongdoing on the part of the Trump campaign he'll take care of it, but he'd be more than happy to find out there's nothing there. That's how investigations work.

So far he has turned up crimes that probably never would have seen the light of day had the special counsel not been appointed. Crimes that you or I would have been ravenously pursued for.

Let the man do his job, and the chips fall where they may.
His "job" is prosecuting a witch hunt. That needs to end ASAP.

As I said, let the chips fall where they may. If there's nothing there then there's nothing there. Or are you afraid that there's something there? :dunno:

Just broke on Bloomberg.
Rosenstein's a fucking liar. He may be telling the truth here, but he has a poor reputation for telling the truth.

There is nothing worse to me than hearing the absolute truth sound like a fucking lie solely because of the liar mouth from whence the truth was uttered.

Of course everyone is lying except Trump...

Trump has been caught telling over 2,000 untruthful statements in a year and you say everyone else is lying....

Man you are going to fall hard when you smell the coffee

Only hacks on both sides thought he was a "target". It makes for a convenient volleyball when the news swings in either direction. If Mueller finds any wrongdoing on the part of the Trump campaign he'll take care of it, but he'd be more than happy to find out there's nothing there. That's how investigations work.

So far he has turned up crimes that probably never would have seen the light of day had the special counsel not been appointed. Crimes that you or I would have been ravenously pursued for.

Let the man do his job, and the chips fall where they may.
His "job" is prosecuting a witch hunt. That needs to end ASAP.

As I said, let the chips fall where they may. If there's nothing there then there's nothing there. Or are you afraid that there's something there? :dunno:
No, let's not let the chips fall where they may. The chips are generate by Herr Mewler the head witch hunter. There isn't a man in this country would can't be indicted for something. Spending millions of dollars to investigate everyone who ever knew Trump is a gross injustice and violation of due process.

Those who say "if there's nothing there then there's nothing there" are douchebag morons. They are the peasants standing around the bonfire with pitchforks shouting "burn witch, burn!"

Just broke on Bloomberg.
Rosenstein's a fucking liar. He may be telling the truth here, but he has a poor reputation for telling the truth.

There is nothing worse to me than hearing the absolute truth sound like a fucking lie solely because of the liar mouth from whence the truth was uttered.

Of course everyone is lying except Trump...

Trump has been caught telling over 2,000 untruthful statements in a year and you say everyone else is lying....

Man you are going to fall hard when you smell the coffee

Only gullible snowflake dumbasses believe that figure. It's a total fiction.

Cool the Trump cult can relax a bit. Shame about his lawyers and campaign staff etc. though. Really makes him look like an idiot or corrupt surrounding himself with bad people. I thought he said only the best people?

Forum List

Back