Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty

Sounds like he'll need Congress to pass some real legislation to get his dream of killing drug dealers.

It also sound like the prison population is about to get an increase. Invest in the for profit penal institutions today.

Black market smack will go up and the quality will go down.

I wonder what Donnie Dangerously's cut is?

The war on drugs has worked soooooo well...let's repeat it.

Trump will also call on Congress to pass legislation reducing the threshold amount of drugs sold that are required to invoke mandatory minimum sentences for drug traffickers “who knowingly distribute certain illicit opioids that are lethal in trace amounts.”

And lets once again fill our jails with non violent offenders..like that has ever helped change anything.
Well then, keep doing your opioids, wind up dead and do not expect the taxpayer to bail you out. If you want drug dealers to kill your children then that’s on you.

I don't do opioids.

Oh I do. I woke up once with 9 staples in my side from an emergency appendectomy. They are the best pain reliever found in nature. Tooth pain too. It's a Godsend.

Trump will also call on Congress to pass legislation reducing the threshold amount of drugs sold that are required to invoke mandatory minimum sentences for drug traffickers “who knowingly distribute certain illicit opioids that are lethal in trace amounts.”

And lets once again fill our jails with non violent offenders..like that has ever helped change anything.

A doper dies every 15 minutes, they go out and seek to purchase this crap, their deaths are on them. I say good riddance. Who cares if some undocumented pharmacist makes a few bucks.

A doper dies every 15 minutes, they go out and seek to purchase this crap, their deaths are on them. I say good riddance. Who cares if some undocumented pharmacist makes a few bucks.

texas has some good stuff

texas has some good stuff

I wouldn't know, I won't even take a prescription pain killer unless it's absolutely necessary.

I don’t think Trump said deny drug dealers due process, or permit people to murder drug dealers on the streets and leave their carcasses rotting where they fall - Duterte style - as some eejits here have suggested!
Plus I think someone suggested druggies/ dealers are ‘non violent’?

Well their illegal activities DO result in a great many deaths, including the deaths of kids. If they deal to kids, they may as well have shot them dead themselves.

Having always been against the death penalty, my instinct is to remain so, but I don’t know anymore. The existing ‘deterrents’ are clearly inadequate.

Anyway, there are additional arrows to Trumps bow.

...In New Hampshire, Trump laid out his vision for tackling the opioid crisis, saying his approach would be three-pronged: reducing demand through education, cutting off the flow of illicit drugs and saving lives by expanding opportunities for evidence-based addiction treatment.

Opioid overdose among children nearly doubles, study says

"You know it's an amazing thing. Some of these drug dealers will kill thousands of people during their lifetime -- thousands of people -- and destroy many more lives than that," Trump said. "They'll get caught, and they'll get 30 days in jail, or they'll go away for a year, or they'll be fined."

"So if we're not going to get tough on the drug dealers who kill thousands of people and destroy so many people's lives, we are just doing the wrong thing," the president said. "Toughness is the thing they most fear."

Trump's death penalty plan for drug dealers a 'step backwards' - CNN

Last edited:
the death penalty will not stop or slow down the crime, so why do it? Why spend all the money that has to be spent in giving the perps lawyers and the cost of the lawyers of the prosecution, with all the appeals.....and judgeship costs for all f the appeals.....

And uses tons and tons of tax dollars on it, when it does not stop anything?

When THAT MONEY can be used on detoxing the addicts, and prevention and keeping the kids from going down that path in the first place?

Their addictions usually starts with them taking their own parent's pain pills, or people being given the drug for pain, but then becoming addicted....

Plus, I heard it is china that is exporting the opiods in to our country and those might actually be the pills that are killing us, becausse they might be stronger than a regular prescription here....

I also heard, to combat the opiod crisis.... that one drug company is developing a pain killer as an opiod, with all the pain killing qualities as opiods, but without the addictive qualities....and it is moving in to trials....the FDA could spend the money to help speed that process up....

but to go to having a death penalty for drug dealers, who are usually the drug addicts, and knowing that you can't kill the actual top of the drug dealers and not just the candy man... that are in places like China....?

We can lock them up forever, to to kill a drug dealer is way too third world for the USA....

go live in Turkey or North Korea if you want something like that....

You all know we will never ever ever stop the distribution of drugs as long as there is a demand for them and easy access and killing a dealer, when 10 others are waiting in line to become the new King pen is futile.....

States with the death penalty for first degree murder DO NOT HAVE fewer murders, than states without it....

It's just wrong...when second degree murderers don't face the death penalty....?

Forum List

Back