Trump to Puerto Rico....I gave you paper towels, why arent you better already?

There are still Americans who can't get clean drinking water or medical care. Most of the Americans in Puerto Rico are living without electricity. Obtaining food of any kind is a day by day effort and many rely on standing on soup kitchen type operations.

Why is trump attacking Americans living under such dire conditions? His recent attacks are for one purpose. Deflection away from his failure. He wants to change the subject about the suffering he is directly responsible for to Americans in Puerto Rico. He wants to shift the blame for his own failure to the very Americans who are suffering from his incompetence.
Okay, I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but isn't using the word "attack" a bit strong? Here's an article that talks about the current situation. It isn't a great situation but can the President really be blamed for that? He is not willing to rebuild the entire infrastructure of Puerto Rico--it was a mess prior to the storm, according to all. Should he be? That's a real question, btw. If it is a federal government responsibility to take care of all infrastructure in the country, I just need to know it.
Why is Puerto Rico so outraged about what Trump has said and done?
I asked first. Fair is fair.

IS Puerto Rico "outraged" about Trump? Anymore than the rest of us? Hell, who wouldn't be outraged at the old bastard? However, disaster wise, he has sent not only FEMA but the military and lifted the Jones Act, congress just dedicated billions and Paul Ryan said it wouldn't be the end of it. When the folks on the ground say we need more, more is sent.
The Mayor of San Juan is a reality show wannabe, imo. "Real Mayors of Puerto Rico," she'd fit right in. She may have valid points, but she's milking this for it's drama value and it makes everything she says suspect.

Trump wasn't responsible for Maria. Trump wasn't responsible for the corruption in PR that allowed such a tremendous mess of their infrastructure and economy to begin with. He shouldn't be blamed for circumstances outside his control. The government is doing all it can as soon as it finds out what is needed. I don't know what they expect Trump to do differently (except shut his mouth, which would do the whole world good).

Actually when the general who was sent there by the Trump says there were not enough resources, then Trump as the president did not do his job. When former soldiers who are there as volunteers say the military has the capacity to hit the mountains and rural areas of PR and they are not there, then Trump is not doing his job. The lift of the Jones Act is over and Trump has not done anything to reinstate it. America is responsible for Puerto Rico and that began the day we decided to invade and take it over. There is no excuse for the failure we are seeing there. None.

Because I'm quite sure there is corruption in Houston and Florida.

You're fucking nuts. Go to the DoD website and get back to me on what ISN'T being done.

Obama would not have been slow to act.
was that what i was talking about?....or was i talking about something else?...

and if the same shit was happening there if Obama was president, i bet you would say he has done the best he can do....right OS?....

Your words Dresden.
ok....now why dont you put up what really said?....here let me do it for you.....if obama was slow to act on PR you would have come up with some reason why,if he was slow to lift the jones act,you would have been here telling us why he was slow to do it.....now 2 if you are going to stick your nose into a conversation at least get your shit straight......and know what the conversation is about....
Obama was there for Hurricane Sandy working closely with Chris Christie

Republicans vilified Christie for daring to work with Obama
Repunlicans also voted against disaster relief for Sandy

Stop your fucking bullshit right now. You are such a lying piece of scum. The R's voted against the original bill that was loaded with pork.
No more so than any other relief bill. The "pork" was line items to fund other storm relief and defend future hurricanes
A stripped down version of Sandy relief was then provided and Republicans voted against that too

Obama would not have been slow to act.

and if the same shit was happening there if Obama was president, i bet you would say he has done the best he can do....right OS?....

Your words Dresden.
ok....now why dont you put up what really said?....here let me do it for you.....if obama was slow to act on PR you would have come up with some reason why,if he was slow to lift the jones act,you would have been here telling us why he was slow to do it.....now 2 if you are going to stick your nose into a conversation at least get your shit straight......and know what the conversation is about....

Stop your fucking bullshit right now. You are such a lying piece of scum. The R's voted against the original bill that was loaded with pork.

I don't think that was the argument from Cruz or Inhofe if my memory serves me correctly.

There are still Americans who can't get clean drinking water or medical care. Most of the Americans in Puerto Rico are living without electricity. Obtaining food of any kind is a day by day effort and many rely on standing on soup kitchen type operations.

Why is trump attacking Americans living under such dire conditions? His recent attacks are for one purpose. Deflection away from his failure. He wants to change the subject about the suffering he is directly responsible for to Americans in Puerto Rico. He wants to shift the blame for his own failure to the very Americans who are suffering from his incompetence.
Okay, I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but isn't using the word "attack" a bit strong? Here's an article that talks about the current situation. It isn't a great situation but can the President really be blamed for that? He is not willing to rebuild the entire infrastructure of Puerto Rico--it was a mess prior to the storm, according to all. Should he be? That's a real question, btw. If it is a federal government responsibility to take care of all infrastructure in the country, I just need to know it.

The Dems are. That douchebag mayor of San Juan colluded with Luis and the DNC to start slagging Trump and they are backing her for the run for governor.
The mayor rightfully called out Trump for his victory lap while people were still without water and power

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

IS Puerto Rico "outraged" about Trump? Anymore than the rest of us? Hell, who wouldn't be outraged at the old bastard? However, disaster wise, he has sent not only FEMA but the military and lifted the Jones Act, congress just dedicated billions and Paul Ryan said it wouldn't be the end of it. When the folks on the ground say we need more, more is sent.
The Mayor of San Juan is a reality show wannabe, imo. "Real Mayors of Puerto Rico," she'd fit right in. She may have valid points, but she's milking this for it's drama value and it makes everything she says suspect.

Trump wasn't responsible for Maria. Trump wasn't responsible for the corruption in PR that allowed such a tremendous mess of their infrastructure and economy to begin with. He shouldn't be blamed for circumstances outside his control. The government is doing all it can as soon as it finds out what is needed. I don't know what they expect Trump to do differently (except shut his mouth, which would do the whole world good).

Actually when the general who was sent there by the Trump says there were not enough resources, then Trump as the president did not do his job. When former soldiers who are there as volunteers say the military has the capacity to hit the mountains and rural areas of PR and they are not there, then Trump is not doing his job. The lift of the Jones Act is over and Trump has not done anything to reinstate it. America is responsible for Puerto Rico and that began the day we decided to invade and take it over. There is no excuse for the failure we are seeing there. None.

You're fucking nuts. Go to the DoD website and get back to me on what ISN'T being done.

Nah I'm perfectly sane. Now you might have problems but that's none of my business. I watched an interview this morning with a group of ex soldiers who are volunteering there and what I posed is what they said.

no you wouldnt.....you forget,i have read many of your posts,you would do what you have to do to make your little party look good,and will do whatever it takes to make that other little party look bad.....if obama was slow to act on PR you would have come up with some reason why,if he was slow to lift the jones act,you would have been here telling us why he was slow to do it.......you far lefties hate trump because thats what you were told to do,just like your kin on the far right were told to hate obama.....far left,far right,not much different in attitude.....
You stupid motherfucker. I have many family members in Puerto Rico that have no power or water and are in line, waiting for scraps like people you see in 3rd world countries in Africa. Fuck you and your partisan bullshit. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.
in other words im right....and you calling me partisan?.....you, one of the most one sided asswipes here?....what a joke....and fuck you asshole,this conversation had nothing to do about your family....but because i was right about what i said about you and what you are,you all of a sudden you bring them into it..you are a bigger jerk than shootspeeders,and thats saying something about you.....maybe you should take your own advice and do everyone here a favor and kill yourself...
You were wrong and should go fuck yourself, you coward and total failure a human being
no i wasnt wrong,i was right about how you are....but being the pussy and total failure of a human being that you are,instead of staying on what we were talking about,you changed the subject to your family.....thats being a fucking coward,but then you are a one of them far lefties and you people dont like having to face how you really are....
See post # 221, little bitch
what about it pussy boy?...its not even a quote of yours....

Your words Dresden.

I do know what the conversation is about and that is why I said that Obama would not be slow to act.

Apparently you don't even know what you are saying.
im glad you said that because you just let me know you dont know what was being talked about....i never said obama would be slow to act....go back and read it and you will see i was talking about how OS would be IF Obama was slow to act.....i know obama gives a shit compared to trump.....but that wasnt the topic...

And I said Obama would not be slow to act which was certainly related to what you said.
if you think it was good for you,but since i was talking theoretically i dont see how it was.....

“Donald Trump: We cannot aid Puerto Rico 'forever'”

Yet another Trump failure.

Yet another example of how Trump is out of his league, has no idea what he’s doing, and is in fact unfit to be president.

The Dems are. That douchebag mayor of San Juan colluded with Luis and the DNC to start slagging Trump and they are backing her for the run for governor.
The mayor rightfully called out Trump for his victory lap while people were still without water and power

Fucking douchebag is running for Governor backed by the DNC. Thats how the **** got that t shirt.

Nah I'm perfectly sane. Now you might have problems but that's none of my business. I watched an interview this morning with a group of ex soldiers who are volunteering there and what I posed is what they said.

Truckers didn't show up. AND half the National Guard were MIA. Are you certain you want to fuck with me on this?

Your words Dresden.

I don't think that was the argument from Cruz or Inhofe if my memory serves me correctly.

Look it up on wiki you idiot.

Fucking douchebag is running for Governor backed by the DNC. Thats how the **** got that t shirt.
She rightfully reminded our president that there was work to be done before Team Trump starts celebrating
People dying is more important than praising Trump

Truckers didn't show up. AND half the National Guard were MIA. Are you certain you want to fuck with me on this?

They're storm victims as well, dope.

Don't malign the tremendous value of paper towels

1. out of toilet paper? eh?

2. in a flash flood a roll of paper towels can serve as personal flotation device.

3. Pond or river water strained through a paper towel is perfectly safe to drink.

4. Paper towel soccer! fun for the kids until the schools are rebuilt in a few years.

5. Paper towels, the new currency of Puerto Rico! What's in your wallet?

Forum List

Back