Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

Slashsnake

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2016
Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP

Then maybe there should be a reduction in the size of the administration of it. Bet that could make up the reduction. And is that 25% reduction of what was asked for or from last years budget.

Anyone that didn't understand that this guy hates workers, the poor and doesn't give a shit about anything didn't study this guy before they voted.

The union idiots that bought into his crap in the rust belt are now going to regret it.

Foodstamps are supposed to be a safety net not a lifestyle

tell that to the red staters
Bums are bums regardless of their location. From inner cities to rural rednecks.

red states have more bums, keep that in mind
Your games are dumb. I don't give a fuck who's who. If you're bumming off of my tax dollars get a job.

It doesn't surprise me that you see "politics" where I see a problem. You're a liberal after all

And for the record I doubt most people on food stamps even vote based on their lazy lifestyle. Hell I bet most of them can't even name their own Senators or Governors

The "food stamp" program, or food subsidy program for the poor could be greatly improved and made effective, but the big food industry corporations will not allow the changes to take place and the Congress will not anger those corportations or risk losing their campaign donations.

There is no logical or practical reason for taxpayers to assist poor people in the purchase of substandard nutritional foods and even unhealthy foods. There is no reason why taxpayers should be paying for expensive choices of groceries. The purpose should be to provide healthy and nutritional foods at the lowest and most effective cost possible. That could be easily accomplished by simply restricting choices with approval labels on the packaging or selections. Milk and no sugar added juices approved, sugary soda, not approved. Fruit and nuts approved, chocolate and other candies, not approved. Whole wheat crackers approved, cookies, not approved.

tell that to the red staters
Bums are bums regardless of their location. From inner cities to rural rednecks.

red states have more bums, keep that in mind
Your games are dumb. I don't give a fuck who's who. If you're bumming off of my tax dollars get a job.

It doesn't surprise me that you see "politics" where I see a problem. You're a liberal after all

And for the record I doubt most people on food stamps even vote based on their lazy lifestyle. Hell I bet most of them can't even name their own Senators or Governors

"Bums are bums regardless of their location."

I've noticed red staters are a little touchy on this subject

bigly sad

Do you know who made the most recent material changes to Eligibility?

Hint: it was the same guy under whom Food Stamp rolls doubled

Hint 2: You voted for him.....twice......

Anyone that didn't understand that this guy hates workers, the poor and doesn't give a shit about anything didn't study this guy before they voted.

The union idiots that bought into his crap in the rust belt are now going to regret it.

very few union members in any state

wow

Do you know who made the most recent material changes to Eligibility?

Hint: it was the same guy under whom Food Stamp rolls doubled

Hint 2: You voted for him.....twice......
Cruz? Romney?

Really? That seems like an impossibility

Say something else stupid now dumbass.

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back