Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

it's part of the reason these guys(and occasional girl) spend $100k-$300k on a valid permit.
Tough shit then. As it is they are still spending it even though they can’t bring dismembered bodies home.

Emotion is expected in this situation, but if you really want to save these herds, what is the big deal about some guy having his trophy?

Is he going to put a gun to your head and force you to admire it in his den?

Because it is barbaric. You are killing a highly evolved intelligent animal. For money.

Should we go back to sticking human heads in poles?

Emotion is what this type of hunting is. It is a misplaced sense of bravado that sticks dismembered animal parts on the wall. Do you when emotion isn’t involved or is tempered by rationality? People who hunt and eat it.

HOw is it misplaced? Hunting is a skill, not to mention getting the money to afford such hobbies.
Hunting is a means of obtaining food. No more. No less.

For you. For some people there is the thrill of hunting something besides a meal ticket.

HOw is it misplaced? Hunting is a skill, not to mention getting the money to afford such hobbies.
Hunting is a means of obtaining food. No more. No less.

Hunting is a hobby and sport and a tradition that many good people love.

Your hobby seems to be looking down on people different than you.
Your own hobby of looking down on others seems to have gotten in the way of understanding.

I will repeat what I already stated. I don’t have an issue with hunting per se. I love my Bambiburger.

But that is the difference between you and I. You just like to kill things.

1. I don't hunt. I just don't look down on those that do. I don't have a problem with people being different than me.

2. When you say things like "you just like to kill things" you obviously DO have an issue with hunting per se.

And you obviously have an issue with any ethical boundaries on hunting. I do have a problem with those who are different from me. I don’t like child molesters and animal abusers. I don’t like people who kill animals just to kill them. People who leave their corpses in a pile in the woods to rot, without even taking the meat. I don’t like canned hunts and those who participate in killing tame wildlife. Every activity has an ethical and unethical side to it. Apparently refusing to embrace the unethical side equals “looking down on”. Well I look down on child abusers and animal cruelty too..

On the other hand I do like the hunters who enjoy the sport and donate their surplus to the food pantries. There are a lot of good hunters out there. I would rather respect them then some asshole who gets his jollies killing magnificent intelligent long lived animals like elephants. Surely there are more worthwhile activities.

These trophy hunters do have ethical bounds. It's not like they torture the animals as they kill them. Most hunters go for the cleanest shot possible to provide the quickest kill.

I understand their conservation is a complicated matter....but perhaps we could stop short of allowing their severed heads to be brought back :(

it's part of the reason these guys(and occasional girl) spend $100k-$300k on a valid permit.
Tough shit then. As it is they are still spending it even though they can’t bring dismembered bodies home.

Emotion is expected in this situation, but if you really want to save these herds, what is the big deal about some guy having his trophy?

Killing any living creature for pleasure is, IMO, pathological. That picture of the assholes son disgusted me.

Doesn't bother me at all. Nature is all about predator/prey, and we are the planet's apex predator.

Only because we use tools (weapons) and are the one species which kills for pleasure.

Killing any living creature for pleasure is, IMO, pathological. That picture of the assholes son disgusted me.

Doesn't bother me at all. Nature is all about predator/prey, and we are the planet's apex predator.

Only because we use tools (weapons) and are the one species which kills for pleasure.

Our larger brains and ability to use tools is part of our nature. It's like saying a lion is only an apex predator because of their claws and teeth.

And the whole "killing for pleasure" thing is a crappy talking point, nothing more. Gorillas kill freaking infants if they were sired by another male, I'm pretty sure that is worse than bagging an old elephant for a trophy.

Of course, that is the way it should be...
Hunting is a great sport, if fair Chase practices are used.

Hunting is a hobby and sport and a tradition that many good people love.

Your hobby seems to be looking down on people different than you.
Your own hobby of looking down on others seems to have gotten in the way of understanding.

I will repeat what I already stated. I don’t have an issue with hunting per se. I love my Bambiburger.

But that is the difference between you and I. You just like to kill things.

1. I don't hunt. I just don't look down on those that do. I don't have a problem with people being different than me.

2. When you say things like "you just like to kill things" you obviously DO have an issue with hunting per se.

And you obviously have an issue with any ethical boundaries on hunting. I do have a problem with those who are different from me. I don’t like child molesters and animal abusers. I don’t like people who kill animals just to kill them. People who leave their corpses in a pile in the woods to rot, without even taking the meat. I don’t like canned hunts and those who participate in killing tame wildlife. Every activity has an ethical and unethical side to it. Apparently refusing to embrace the unethical side equals “looking down on”. Well I look down on child abusers and animal cruelty too..

On the other hand I do like the hunters who enjoy the sport and donate their surplus to the food pantries. There are a lot of good hunters out there. I would rather respect them then some asshole who gets his jollies killing magnificent intelligent long lived animals like elephants. Surely there are more worthwhile activities.
I know a hunter who feeds 5 families for the year with what he hunts. I respect that.
And yet you pay someone else to kill your food for you… You’re a spineless hypocrite…
I’m a vegetarian, guess you’re not a psychic.
Just another blubbering fool.

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.
Sick Fuck did it for JR. He overcompensates his lack of masculinity by killing animals. What a deplorable pass time. But now he can bring his victim’s dead bodies home. He can hang them on the wall, and when he’s feeling like the sad small POS he is, he can look at them and feel big, just for a moment.
Cry us a river you pussy...
game animals were put on this planet to be hunted… No two ways about it. Fuck your bleeding heart… LOL
I literally hate getting a notification that you have posted anything. It’s a wave of annoyance that hits me before I can even read your nonsensical and sometimes phsychopathic responses. I wonder, should I block you? But I am never left disappointed, you are consistently idiotic.. and I like consistency.

“How beautiful, must kill it”
Very GOP

Nope. I don't share it, plenty of my republican friends don't share it.

ANd plenty of those hunters are die hard dems. Less than used to be, when I was younger, but still millions of die hard union blue collar types, could not conceive of voting republican and yet love to hunt.

They are of a different and more traditional culture than you.

Diversity, baby. It's not just for brown people.
Yes yes, diversity. I know hunters, most of them hunt for deer and small animals. Which, I still find disturbing but I digress. The only people who benefit from this law are rich snots, like his son, who go elephant hunting. This law will certainly encourage more hunting as they can now bring home such “trophies” to brag about. I don’t like animals being killed for fun. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes then so be it.

It does.

You are a bigot for hating people for being of a different culture than you, and you are a hypocrite for being a liberal that can't tolerate any real diversity.
Cool your jets, prick. I don’t hate hunters. I’m not mean to hunters, I don’t discriminate against hunters. I just disagree with undoing laws that are already in place, to protect species that need it!!

Right. You don't hate them or discriminate against them, you just think they like to kill animals for fun.

Your words reveal your closed mind. It is too late to walk it back now.
At the core of it, unless your eating the meat, you are killing animals for fun. That’s hunting.
Is it something I’d do, no. Do I think it’s wrong, yes. Do I judge others for what they enjoy, rarely. Like I’ve stated, I know hunters. I respect hunters. I know a hunter that feeds 5 family’s yearly, with what he hunts. Families that would otherwise have A LOT less food! You’re trying to push so hard that I’m a bigot or intolerant or whatever, that you can’t even talk about the topic at hand.... and I’m no bigot, so what a waste.

Nope. I don't share it, plenty of my republican friends don't share it.

ANd plenty of those hunters are die hard dems. Less than used to be, when I was younger, but still millions of die hard union blue collar types, could not conceive of voting republican and yet love to hunt.

They are of a different and more traditional culture than you.

Diversity, baby. It's not just for brown people.
Yes yes, diversity. I know hunters, most of them hunt for deer and small animals. Which, I still find disturbing but I digress. The only people who benefit from this law are rich snots, like his son, who go elephant hunting. This law will certainly encourage more hunting as they can now bring home such “trophies” to brag about. I don’t like animals being killed for fun. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes then so be it.

It does.

You are a bigot for hating people for being of a different culture than you, and you are a hypocrite for being a liberal that can't tolerate any real diversity.
Cool your jets, prick. I don’t hate hunters. I’m not mean to hunters, I don’t discriminate against hunters. I just disagree with undoing laws that are already in place, to protect species that need it!!

Right. You don't hate them or discriminate against them, you just think they like to kill animals for fun.

At the core of it, unless your eating the meat, you are killing animals for fun. That’s hunting.
Is it something I’d do, no. Do I think it’s wrong, yes. Do I judge others for what they enjoy, rarely. Like I’ve stated, I know hunters. I respect hunters. I know a hunter that feeds 5 family’s yearly, with what he hunts. Families that would otherwise have A LOT less food! You’re trying to push so hard that I’m a bigot or intolerant or whatever, that you can’t even talk about the topic at hand.... and I’m no bigot, so what a waste.

When you say something like, "they are killing animals just for fun" or " Do I think it is wrong, yes"

you are judging them. That is what judgement IS.

That you can say that in the same post where you claim to "rarely" judge people,

reveals a complete lack of self awareness.

Typical for a liberal.

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.
Sick Fuck did it for JR. He overcompensates his lack of masculinity by killing animals. What a deplorable pass time. But now he can bring his victim’s dead bodies home. He can hang them on the wall, and when he’s feeling like the sad small POS he is, he can look at them and feel big, just for a moment.
Cry us a river you pussy...
game animals were put on this planet to be hunted… No two ways about it. Fuck your bleeding heart… LOL
I literally hate getting a notification that you have posted anything. It’s a wave of annoyance that hits me before I can even read your nonsensical and sometimes phsychopathic responses. I wonder, should I block you? But I am never left disappointed, you are consistently idiotic.. and I like consistency.
How does it feel to be a bleeding heart?

It does.

When you say something like, "they are killing animals just for fun" or " Do I think it is wrong, yes"

That you can say that in the same post where you claim to "rarely" judge people,

Typical for a liberal.
I don’t condemn every person I disagree with is the point. Do I think gay sex is satisfying? No. But if you do, I don’t condemn you. I don’t judge you. I don’t discriminate against you.
Do I find murdering humans okay? No. Do I judge you? Well enough to think you’re a danger to society and want you locked up, yes.

You are very black and white. No gray. Right or wrong. Agree or disagree.

There is a lot of gray matter with human beings. Your lack of depth with never allow you to understand, only to reply.

It does.

Typical for a liberal.
I don’t condemn every person I disagree with is the point. Do I think gay sex is satisfying? No. But if you do, I don’t condemn you. I don’t judge you. I don’t discriminate against you.

Do I find murdering humans okay? No. Do I judge you? Well enough to think you’re a danger to society and want you locked up, yes.

You are very black and white. No gray. Right or wrong. Agree or disagree.

There is a lot of gray matter with human beings. Your lack of depth with never allow you to understand, only to reply.

You are intolerant of those who are seriously different than you, such as hunters. Gays? Are mostly allied with you on most issues of importance to you.

This is not about my lack of depth. I'm not the one that is unaware of when I am being judgmental.

Forum List

Back