Breaking News Trump threatens to end health care 'bailouts' for insurers, lawmakers

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by shockedcanadian, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Lewdog

Lewdog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,586
    Oh yeah what a perfect thing for Trump to do! Force insurance companies to raise their rates and fuck over citizens of the country. Trump is the most vindictive man I've ever seen. He wants to wipe Obama out of history so bad, including Obamacare, that he is will to hurt whomever it takes to do it.

I'm surprised he doesn't have scientist trying to clone Bin Laden and bring him back to life just so he can say that Obama didn't really kill him. Trump is a sociopath.

2. Jonesy Rose

Jonesy Rose Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I guess it was due to Divine providence that I am able to avoid Obamacare. I have been disabled for some time and have Medicare along with drug and supplemental insurance that I simply purchased. There were no penalties or other issues with all this. I'm not sure I understand why this is not still the "normal" means of having health insurance. Why should the government be responsible for this in a capitalistic country? If you want something, you should earn the money and buy it. Our tax dollars should be available for those who simply will die without being helped...the frail and the young.
    I think the quagmire that is health care is the major stumbling block to the government trying to pay for it. There are few consistencies in the costs of medical treatment. A broken leg might cost a thousand dollars in Memphis, and five hundred dollars in Biloxi. Premium priced doctors are not going to be found in a small town. Prescription drugs vary from drug store to drug store. The idea of containing all these variables is mind-blowing.
    This government is not equipped to bring all this under control, and I think if anything has to be done, that the states should take on the responsibility, and that co-ops could be put into place through businesses or churches, etc., so that group rates could be created.

3. task0778

task0778 Silver Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,598
    To the OP's point about bailouts for the insurance companies and carveouts for Congress and their staff, screw that. I'm tired of special deals, we have to come up with a better system where that kind of crap isn't needed. This particular issue is too damn big to solve from one side only, it looks to me like both parties are trying to get political solutions that work for them rather than the best practical solutions that work for us.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,537
    He's not trying to fix Obamacare, he's trying to kill it and kill millions of Americans who are sick and on the exchange insurance plans that the government helps them buy.