Trump tariffs are going to cost Americans an average of $2000 in 2020

Nope

Have not used a computer since 2009...

Funny how you still use one...

Oh, so you go to your local library and use their computers. Gotcha.

Yep, I still own one, hard to play computer games without it.

Hard to teach on-line courses without it.

Hard to run programs like SAS, SPSS, R and more without it.
/—-/ This discussion led me to an interesting article. I have a Lenovo and assumed it was made in China. US Made Computers | American Manufacturer & Brands List

The parts are made elsewhere and put together in the US.
/——/ I understand, but any products with as many parts like a pc or car has things manufactured overseas. It’s been part of our economy starting in the 1970s. My point is, I assumed my PC was made in China. I never thought it was 100% American.

Nope

/—-/ This discussion led me to an interesting article. I have a Lenovo and assumed it was made in China. US Made Computers | American Manufacturer & Brands List

The parts could have been made in India, Vietnam, Japan, Philippines or even in Africa or Europe all you know.

You assume everything is made in China because CNN told you it was...

:itsok:

The company was incorporated in Hong Kong in 1988 and would grow to be the largest PC company in China. Legend Holdings changed its name to Lenovo in 2004 and, in 2005, acquired the former Personal Computer Division of IBM, the company that invented the PC industry in 1981.

Our Company | Lenovo India

So do not buy made in China...

says the guy likely accessing the internet via a computer full of Chinese parts and who owns a cellphone made in China.

you people are funny.

By the way, any smart retailer will adjust all their prices up, not just the Chinese products.

Might want to check where stuff are made before buying like I do so you do not contribute to oppressive regimes like China and Russia...

Who am I kidding you love those Pinko Commies and wish for it to be imported here you Beto/Sanders loving voter...

Once again, how ever you are accessing this forum, you are using something with Chinese parts.

Are you 110% positive on that?

Or

Did CNN tell you that?

I am 100% positive, which is why you will not tell us how you access this forum. you know you are full of shit.

As for CNN,I leave TV news to sheep like you.

1. You stated I used a computer which I have not used one since 2009.

2. You then proclaimed I was at the library at seven in the morning on a Sunday...

3. You then proclaimed China parts have to be in everything but did you know Samsung has plants in India that manufacture it cellphones?

Did you know that?

Of course not but keep on swinging wannabe Don Lemon and maybe you will find that black hole that swallowed up that plane...

Nope

The parts could have been made in India, Vietnam, Japan, Philippines or even in Africa or Europe all you know.

The company was incorporated in Hong Kong in 1988 and would grow to be the largest PC company in China. Legend Holdings changed its name to Lenovo in 2004 and, in 2005, acquired the former Personal Computer Division of IBM, the company that invented the PC industry in 1981.

/—-/ OK that does it. I’m going to Radio Shack and buy the parts to make my on PC.

Last edited:
Nope

I am not saying anything about Lenovo. That was another poster, so please point that out to them.

I am saying other countries make electronic parts for phone makers but alas you believe China is the only country...

Now why do you love Communisim so much?

says the guy likely accessing the internet via a computer full of Chinese parts and who owns a cellphone made in China.

you people are funny.

By the way, any smart retailer will adjust all their prices up, not just the Chinese products.

Might want to check where stuff are made before buying like I do so you do not contribute to oppressive regimes like China and Russia...

Who am I kidding you love those Pinko Commies and wish for it to be imported here you Beto/Sanders loving voter...

Once again, how ever you are accessing this forum, you are using something with Chinese parts.

Or

Did CNN tell you that?

I am 100% positive, which is why you will not tell us how you access this forum. you know you are full of shit.

2. You then proclaimed I was at the library at seven in the morning on a Sunday...

3. You then proclaimed China parts have to be in everything but did you know Samsung has plants in India that manufacture it cellphones?

Did you know that?

Of course not but keep on swinging wannabe Don Lemon and maybe you will find that black hole that swallowed up that plane...

Once again, you know you are using Chinese made parts, which is why you will not tell us how you access this forum.

As for you not having a computer, I didn't realize you were too poor to buy one, I will keep that in mind in the future.

I am not saying anything about Lenovo. That was another poster, so please point that out to them.

I am saying other countries make electronic parts for phone makers but alas you believe China is the only country...

Please point to the post where I said that China was the ONLY country to make them.

Thanks

/—-/ OK that does it. I’m going to Radio Shak and buy the parts to make my on PC.

You should build your own, but not from Radio Shack! :21::21:

I am a capitalist, I do not give a fuck about the politics of where something is made or what company is making it.

Capitalism knows no borders

I always go for the best combination of price and quality.

Or

Did CNN tell you that?

Did you know that?

Once again, you know you are using Chinese made parts, which is why you will not tell us how you access this forum.

As for you not having a computer, I didn't realize you were too poor to buy one, I will keep that in mind in the future.

Once again you do not know where my phone was made and just assume I am someone like you that buys cheaply made junk like you.

Who the hell are you to tell others where there stuff has been made when you do not even know where the parts are from.

You assume that China is the only player in the game but the fact is China is a punk bitch you support because of your leftist hatred for Trump.

India, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Japan and Mexico all make electronics but you are too cheap and buy made in China products while kissing that Commie flag!

Or

Did CNN tell you that?

Did you know that?

Once again you do not know where my phone was made and just assume I am someone like you that buys cheaply made junk like you.

Who the hell are you to tell others where there stuff has been made when you do not even know where the parts are from.

You assume that China is the only player in the game but the fact is China is a punk bitch you support because of your leftist hatred for Trump.

India, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Japan and Mexico all make electronics but you are too cheap and buy made in China products while kissing that Commie flag!

Keep running little man! It seems to be all you have.

I am a capitalist, I do not give a fuck about the politics of where something is made or what company is making it.

Capitalism knows no borders

I always go for the best combination of price and quality.

So you do not care if slave labor made that product?

Got it and the fact is you are what is wrong with this world we live in today!

Or

Did CNN tell you that?

Did you know that?

I am running?

I provide the fact other countries make phones and electronics and all you can say is " I love slave labor made products because it is cheap for me and who cares if Communists profit dam not because I love them more " ...

Please point to the post where I said that China was the ONLY country to make them.

Thanks

You go back and look at your comments nimrod and how you said phones and computers have something from china in them.

Who is running now?

Why don't you admit you do not know shit about where products are made and just assumed all of it came from china and were assembled in other countries!?!

Stop buying slave labor made products... Wait you love China!

If Democrats truly cared about the environment they'd be happy with Trump crushing China's productivity, far far less pollution.

I guess TDS trumps their so deeply held environmental concerns ... :lol:

Last edited:

Did you know that?

I am running?

I provide the fact other countries make phones and electronics and all you can say is " I love slave labor made products because it is cheap for me and who cares if Communists profit dam not because I love them more " ...

and you know that I am correct, that is why you will not tell us how you access this forum, you know that whatever you use has Chinese parts in it.

but you lack the balls and integrity to admit it.

Is this what winning looks like? Did you notice that even a dummy like Bush wasn’t stupid enough to create trade wars with China? He actually listened to advisors who understood what they were talking about.

The tariffs ‘eliminate all remaining economic gains from the administration’s deregulation actions’
The $2,031 number is higher than other estimates because tariffs keep increasing.

In May, the New York Fed estimated a $831 cost to households from tariffs. J.P. Morgan estimated that tariffs that went into effect on September 1 would cost American households up to $1,000 per year. Additional tariffs on China went into effect on October 1, and more tariffs are set to kick in on December 15.

“If all tariffs threatened by the Trump administration are imposed, combined with the current tariffs in place, the annual cost to U.S. consumers would be $461.1 billion and the cost for the average household would be $3,614,” the report stated.

Trump tariffs are set to cost U.S. households $2,000 in 2020, research group finds
oh, that is from Yahoo Skewed News

/—-/ OK that does it. I’m going to Radio Shak and buy the parts to make my on PC.

You should build your own, but not from Radio Shack! :21::21:
/—-/ My first PC was a Tandy 286 from Radio Shack, large floppy drive and a 9 baud dial up modem. It ran like a dream, no pop ups, viruses or malware.

Forum List

Back