CDZ Trump speech at the BSA Jamboree

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by oldfart, Jul 24, 2017.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61,981
    He is President and all presidents are invited
    From that point on, it is up to Trump to choose some appropriate words

The fact that he didn't leaves him open to criticism

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. miketx

miketx Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,167
    So, you don't have any point, just that you want to attack Trump whatever he does. Why is that? I read the transcript of the speech and I saw nothing wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Compost

Compost Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,036
    Wrong. They knew what they were getting when they invited him. To complain that he didn't morph into something else borders on insanity.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61,981
    BSA ALWAYS invites POTUS to its jamborees

It is up to the President to speak appropriate sentiments

Like being prepared, being trustworthy, loyal, courteous, kind......
    Values of citizenship

Not Political hackery about your opponents and bragging about how much you won the election

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,400
    Your all a bunch of sheep. I mean really?
    Look at CNN's list of "29 inappropriate statements" and maybe - maaaybe 2 were not that cool.
    This is just another vaporous faux outrage against someone you all hate. Period.
    I watched a good part of the speech and clearly the boys (and parents) and I did not hear one single boo...one single awkward silence...one single jeer. All anyone could hear was applause, cheering and laughter.
    Pathetic

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. oldfart

oldfart Older than dirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +566
    I rarely comment on any of Trump's speeches, so lumping me with the many who wig out on every tweet is an unfounded assumption on your part. I wonder why you do that, assume things about people with no evidence at all? I made the OP because I have a 60 year relationship with the Scouting movement and thought the venue was inappropriate (not the speech itself).

7. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Trump's speech to the BSA was one of the best speeches ever given. That Democrats made their opposition before they ever heard it does not diminish the import a bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 12icer

12icer Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,056
    THE Boy Scouts is also supposed to be a Christian organization. BUT a Christian has no place there since it has been made into a gay pedophile turning organization. You may not like what Trump said in his speech, BUT the facts are that If the BSA were to actually follow the founders original tenets for the organization no dimshit scum liberals could join it. If a scout troop allows a gay to enter the troop they are putting the children at risk. It is the same as the bathroom shit, and all the other FORCED agenda things from the liberal hit in this country. Why not let a Hetro MAN be a girl scout leader and teach the little girls how to change their Tampax?? Maybe one of you liberals daughters? He could show her how to do a lot of things she needs to learn!!! Oh I forgot that would be okay with liberals too wouldn't it.

9. Eloy

Eloy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,284
    You cannot separate Donald Trump from his speech. The narcissist was known to be boastful, lying, fixated on President Obama's popularity, and party-political. The scouting leadership was in a bind whereby their honorary chief should not be let loose on impressionable children but it would have been better had they forgotten to send out an invitation than to have to issue an apology to the scouts' parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +4,828
    I loved Trump's speech segment, when he told the story about a fellow he had met at a cocktail party.
    That's a story every impressable 12 to 18 year old will use as a guiding light to help them fulfill the principles of Boy Scouts. Not really. Maybe he thought he was in the locker room having one of his classic locker room moments, like when he was talking about
    "grabbing pussy". This speech was just another unpresidential moment for Trump.
    As a role model for kids, Trump fails miserably.
    The 14 Most Inappropriate Moments From Trump’s Speech at the Boy Scout Jamboree

• Agree Agree x 2