Trump signs exec order to streamline student loan debt forgiveness for disabled vets

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
origin.jpg

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m okay with this. Seems to me that if one takes out a loan for an eduction, theyā€™re obligated to repay it. Disability factor should not play a role.

"For the last decade, veterans seeking loan discharges have been required to submit an application to the Secretary of Education with proof of their disabilities obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs," reads the Presidential Memorandum.

"The process has been overly complicated and difficult, and prevented too many of our veterans from receiving the relief for which they are eligible. This has inflicted significant hardship and serious harm on these veterans and has frustrated the intent of the Congress that their Federal student loan debt be discharged."

The executive order is designed to fix that by streamlining the process, and shifting the responsibility from eligible veterans, to the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Education.

Seems to be a bit of a PR stunt here. Veterans have dozens of service groups to turn to when seeking things from the governmen. Disables Vets. Vietnam Vets. This list goes on an on. Volunteers do nothing but find way to help vets. So, to claim itā€™s ā€œtoo complicatedā€ seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

More @ Trump signs exec order to streamline student loan debt forgiveness for disabled vets

origin.jpg

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m okay with this. Seems to me that if one takes out a loan for an eduction, theyā€™re obligated to repay it. Disability factor should not play a role.

"For the last decade, veterans seeking loan discharges have been required to submit an application to the Secretary of Education with proof of their disabilities obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs," reads the Presidential Memorandum.

"The process has been overly complicated and difficult, and prevented too many of our veterans from receiving the relief for which they are eligible. This has inflicted significant hardship and serious harm on these veterans and has frustrated the intent of the Congress that their Federal student loan debt be discharged."

The executive order is designed to fix that by streamlining the process, and shifting the responsibility from eligible veterans, to the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Education.

Seems to be a bit of a PR stunt here. Veterans have dozens of service groups to turn to when seeking things from the governmen. Disables Vets. Vietnam Vets. This list goes on an on. Volunteers do nothing but find way to help vets. So, to claim itā€™s ā€œtoo complicatedā€ seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

More @ Trump signs exec order to streamline student loan debt forgiveness for disabled vets
How many actual disabled vets have student loans? I only know of one in our age group; and he is a total (pothead) creep. Plus he hates president Trump with a viral passion and believes everyone else should pay for his mind altering stabilization drugs too.

The ones who have been through the Gulf War and beyond have been subjected fiercely to all sorts of shit and I think helping them out if they got student loans and can't repay them is a good thing. They got enough in their heads to contend with without worrying about a debt they may never be able to repay. Again how many of them are there actually that need this or qualify?

They should be refunding most of them to the people they've been swindling, since it is all just a loansharking scam based on blatant lying by school systems and corporations blathering bullshit about 'labor shortages' in fields where there is nothing of the sort and never has been. The vast majority of 'new economy' jobs are part time and in fast food and warehousing, and have been for decades as well..

Forum List

Back