Trump Signs Bill Freeing Coal Up

Trump signs bill undoing Obama coal mining rule

President Trump on Thursday signed legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.

The legislation is the second Trump has signed into law ending an Obama-era environmental regulation. On Tuesday, he signed a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution undoing a financial disclosure requirement for energy companies.

Both the mining and financial disclosure bills are the tip of a GOP push to undo a slate of regulations instituted in the closing days of the Obama administration. The House has passed several CRA resolutions, and the Senate has so far sent three of them to President Trump for his signature.

Trump, the moron, delivers on another promise.

West Virginia is now in his camp.

He'll get the rust belt soon.

Chuck Schumer will have to quit screwing Nancy Pelosi and come back to earth.

Black waters, black water run down through the land.

And that is what you bastards want. What anti-American sons of a bitches you are.

It ran for eight years.

You guys are hysterical.

You [FW] live in West Virginia ?
Sounds like you do. What do you think of your water being allowed to be polluted by private enterprise?

1. I don't.
2. Water is polluted by a great many things.
3. I suspect W.V. has an EPA that will respond the requests of it's mambers
4. Farming pollutes too....you want to stop growing food ?
5. What is pollution ?
6. Perfect air and perfect water makes people like trees that blow over in a windstorm.
7. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
You are a fucking idiot. And it was a Republican governor in Oregon that cleaned up our rivers. How far that party has fallen since then.

Awwwwww.......

I went out poured the oil from my car onto the ground behind my house.....

Oh wait... I can't because it is illegal according to the city.

Gee a state did it's own policing. When did that happen ? Before or after the EPA was started ?

BTW: Your name calling only continues to demonstrate that you fit right in with the best of the ignorant left wingers.

President Trump on Thursday signed legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.

The legislation is the second Trump has signed into law ending an Obama-era environmental regulation. On Tuesday, he signed a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution undoing a financial disclosure requirement for energy companies.

Both the mining and financial disclosure bills are the tip of a GOP push to undo a slate of regulations instituted in the closing days of the Obama administration. The House has passed several CRA resolutions, and the Senate has so far sent three of them to President Trump for his signature.

Who needs the environment anyway?

Yeah, poor people can live with rubbish and shit all around them. It won't be Trump's home that suffers.

Funny. It didn't bother Obama enough to put the regulations in place until December. But we all know how bad that pollution was three months ago.

Oh, three months ago.... so you're complaining it took him three months to do something that Trump has just got rid of. But you don't complain about Trump. Right....

I'm not complaining all. And it didn't take Obama three months. It took him 8 years. He didn't feel these regulations were necessarily until literally a month before he left office. Eliminating these regs will not make the planet any more polluted than it was the entire Obama presidency.

It's a typical political tactic democrats use. As they are leaving office they pass a bunch of burdensome regulations they never cared about while in power, then when republicans repeal them to where they were the entire previous administration they jump up and down screaming, "see! See! They hate the environment. They want to poison your children." And yet absolutely nothing has actually changed.

It's bull crap. It's deception and it's about time they stop getting away with lying to people.

Maybe not the planet, but the area where the coal mines are.

But I'm not defending the Democrats. The point is that politicians in general seem to not give a damn much about the environment, though Obama was a lot better than Trump will be in these regards. He only cares about rich people, living far away, getting the benefits, while those who live close, ah... who cares about those living close?

More prognostications being passed off as some kind of established facts.

he needs to sign a bill banning the production of natural gas if he wants to create jobs in the coal industry .... until NG goes away coal production jobs will suck.

It's good to have options. I know liberals hate choice, but we Republicans think it's a good thing.

If left up to liberals, fracking would have been outlawed. The reason gas is cheaper than coal is because of fracking. It produces energy with less greenhouse gases. It reduces our cost from the gas station to our electricity provider.

Energy providers shift to whatever source is the cheapest to produce their product. If natural gas gets too expensive, they always have coal as a secondary option.
Neither needed as solar and wind are cheaper than both coal and natural gas, far cheaper than nuclear. With the grid scale batteries, both will be 24/7. Natural gas will be around for at least another 20 years, coal will die before 2030, if the incoming admin and congress in 2020 do not outlaw it.

Wet Dream much ?

Coal is coming back and if the liberals don't like it tough shit....every mining job creates 4 more down the chain

he needs to sign a bill banning the production of natural gas if he wants to create jobs in the coal industry .... until NG goes away coal production jobs will suck.

It's good to have options. I know liberals hate choice, but we Republicans think it's a good thing.

If left up to liberals, fracking would have been outlawed. The reason gas is cheaper than coal is because of fracking. It produces energy with less greenhouse gases. It reduces our cost from the gas station to our electricity provider.

Energy providers shift to whatever source is the cheapest to produce their product. If natural gas gets too expensive, they always have coal as a secondary option.
Neither needed as solar and wind are cheaper than both coal and natural gas, far cheaper than nuclear. With the grid scale batteries, both will be 24/7. Natural gas will be around for at least another 20 years, coal will die before 2030, if the incoming admin and congress in 2020 do not outlaw it.

No, solar and wind are not cheaper. If they were cheaper, all energy producers would have turned to wind and solar a long time ago.

If coal will die all on it's own, there is no need to have regulation on it, now is there?

Yeah, poor people can live with rubbish and shit all around them. It won't be Trump's home that suffers.

Funny. It didn't bother Obama enough to put the regulations in place until December. But we all know how bad that pollution was three months ago.

Oh, three months ago.... so you're complaining it took him three months to do something that Trump has just got rid of. But you don't complain about Trump. Right....

I'm not complaining all. And it didn't take Obama three months. It took him 8 years. He didn't feel these regulations were necessarily until literally a month before he left office. Eliminating these regs will not make the planet any more polluted than it was the entire Obama presidency.

It's a typical political tactic democrats use. As they are leaving office they pass a bunch of burdensome regulations they never cared about while in power, then when republicans repeal them to where they were the entire previous administration they jump up and down screaming, "see! See! They hate the environment. They want to poison your children." And yet absolutely nothing has actually changed.

It's bull crap. It's deception and it's about time they stop getting away with lying to people.

But I'm not defending the Democrats. The point is that politicians in general seem to not give a damn much about the environment, though Obama was a lot better than Trump will be in these regards. He only cares about rich people, living far away, getting the benefits, while those who live close, ah... who cares about those living close?

Oh, that's why Democrats do things, because they care so much about us. I have a bridge for sale.......

Politicians (particularly the Democrats) have been on the war path to control more and more of our lives. Two things that have stopped them is not having total control over our healthcare and energy. Once they have total control over those two things, they will have the ability to have total control over the people. That's what Obama and his ilk really care about.

Oh, that's why Democrats do things, because they care so much about us. I have a bridge for sale.......

Politicians (particularly the Democrats) have been on the war path to control more and more of our lives. Two things that have stopped them is not having total control over our healthcare and energy. Once they have total control over those two things, they will have the ability to have total control over the people. That's what Obama and his ilk really care about.

Some people do care. I didn't say the Democrats all care, many of them have their heads stuck up the same ass many Republican politicians have, and I also include many people on forums like this too.

If you actually cared, you'd be fighting for proportional representation. However people only care about their "team" winning. It's quite sad.

No, solar and wind are not cheaper. If they were cheaper, all energy producers would have turned to wind and solar a long time ago.

If coal will die all on it's own, there is no need to have regulation on it, now is there?

Yes, there is reason to have regulation, like, people don't want their home to be trashed, for example.

Some people do care. I didn't say the Democrats all care, many of them have their heads stuck up the same ass many Republican politicians have, and I also include many people on forums like this too.

If you actually cared, you'd be fighting for proportional representation. However people only care about their "team" winning. It's quite sad.

Why is that sad? When my team wins, the country wins. Furthermore is that the Democrat party as a whole doesn't do anything without an ulterior motive. Oh sure, they want to stage it like they are really, really trying to help you, but if you look at the big picture and the man behind the curtain, you'll see they only do things that empower them.

Yes, there is reason to have regulation, like, people don't want their home to be trashed, for example.

Not in this case. In this case, coal will be around for a long time, and at some point, may be a cheaper fuel to use depending on the market and location. This is why Democrats want control over it.

AND the media helps them, but not reporting the part about the 8 years.

This is a fine example of how a corrupt media hurts the nation, and can mislead people into making decision based on lies.

This is a fine example of how a corrupt media hurts the nation, and can mislead people into making decision based on lies.

So who always says ALL THE TRUTH? I mean, you can pick and choose your media, they're private companies and can report as they choose. What's your problem with this exactly? That slow people can't keep up?

So who always says ALL THE TRUTH? I mean, you can pick and choose your media, they're private companies and can report as they choose. What's your problem with this exactly? That slow people can't keep up?
Since your media is no longer of interest to over half of America, you won't mind their FCC permits be pulled in favor of more popular media then...right?

Reporting the "fact" that the republicans are repealing an environmental law, without reporting the FACT that the law was passed in the last days specifically as a fuck you to the republicans is purposefully perpetuating a fraud on the American people.

Since your media is no longer of interest to over half of America, you won't mind their FCC permits be pulled in favor of more popular media then...right?

Not to mention actively working to harm the interests of the American people.

They are private, but some are subsidized by us taxpayers such as PBS and NPR.

Forum List

Back