Trump should name Salman Khan (Khan Academy) head of the D.O.E.

This man is an education genius. That's the kind of vision we need to turn the Dept. of Education around.

The far left religion has been rejected by the public, so why would Trump put in someone so far to the left?
Integrating online education with brick and mortar schools is one way to reduce costs and at the same time improve the quality of education. I can think of no one better than Khan to do that.

This man is an education genius. That's the kind of vision we need to turn the Dept. of Education around.

The far left religion has been rejected by the public, so why would Trump put in someone so far to the left?
Integrating online education with brick and mortar schools is one way to reduce costs and at the same time improve the quality of education. I can think of no one better than Khan to do that.

I have bad news for you. Most students do not fare well in on-line classes. The first time they don't understand a concept, they just quit. We use computer-based instruction for grade remediation. Students make up credits in classes they already failed and the level of instruction is nowhere close to what the standards require.

Maybe part of the problem is the current implementation/presentation of on-line classes. IMO there is a lot of potential for reducing education costs and possibly improving student's grasp of the material by combining on-line and traditional classroom education.

Can you explain why online education is bad?

The quality of education from an online course will never be as good as the traditional setting. Never. While there are a handful of benefits, there are tons and tons of cons.

Can you explain why online education is bad?

It sucks! Students do not retain any of the information they learn. It is good for assessment, but the problem solving skills are not easily learned from a computer.

Forum List

Back