trump sending national guard to mexico border

Why doesn't he just send in the Army or something?
Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia

The National Guard is the precedent.

More like Congress can't interfere, and tie it all up.

He's sending the guard until the wall is built to protect our borders before
scum like this caravan get in. These Central Americans are doing him a big favor. He's able to bully Mexico because if they don't help he cancels NAFTA
and cripples them financially.

For Congress...no wall means funding those troops. The Wall, in the long run will be cheaper. Any violence toward Guardsmen by Latinos on the border
and he'll have a green light to put regular Army on the Border.

70% of the country doesn't want illegal immigration. Do the dems run on
removing the Guard nd opening up our borders or do the cave on the wall
in its entirety. Remember the new spending bill comes up on Sept 30th.
So the Dems will have to commit by then.

Everybody played into his hands nicely on this one.
I heard on CNN this a.m. that this is not some new crazy idea dreamed up by Trump; Bush and Obama also called in the Guard on occasion to assist. They say April is always a big month for illegal immigration (farming gets rolling), so whether or not there actually ARE a lot of people trying to cross the border, they figure they will be coming.
It's still going to cost $$$ though, since the states wouldn't agree to pay for the deployment. I was wrong earlier that Trump got 2 bil--he only got 1.5 bil, but shit, that still seems like enough to hire. But the $$ didn't go through until the Omnibus in March, so there hasn't been time to hire and train.

Maybe we do need more Wall. In the long run, has anyone done a cost analysis of how much it costs to play tag with these folks day in and day out, year after year? Can the border patrol tell us what percentage come overland over the border and how many sneak through customs and how many come by boat?
I never hear actual useful stats like that. Just that the BROWN PEOPLE ARE COMING! HOLD ONTO YOUR PANTS CUZ THEY'RE GONNA RAPE YOU!

So cons lose their tiny peanut minds over the fake Jade Helm bullshit but they are ecstatic the NG is being moved to the border. It's like there is nothing in their heads until Fake Fox News pisses in their mouth.

hopefully he has a plan for kicking out Canadians too

The Canadian snowbirds are kind of obnoxious driving around in the winter here in Florida but Canada doesn't export it's poverty to the US like the rest of the world does so we will give them a pass.
Fuck all illegals

Actually the Canadians that are here in Florida come in legally to enjoy the warmth during the winter.

They don't sign up for Obamacare subsidies or food stamps.

They are silly to listen to but they are harmless. Some of them actually speak English.

The illegal ones stay up North and take the contracting jobs from Americans. Usually they're the stinky kind that speak French.

The Canadian snowbirds are kind of obnoxious driving around in the winter here in Florida but Canada doesn't export it's poverty to the US like the rest of the world does so we will give them a pass.
Fuck all illegals

Actually the Canadians that are here in Florida come in legally to enjoy the warmth during the winter.

They are silly to listen to but they are harmless. Some of them actually speak English.

The illegal ones stay up North and take the contracting jobs from Americans. Usually they're the stinky kind that speak French.

I guess only the old geezers make it down here to Central Florida.

Fuck all illegals

The richest ones. Did you know they have to buy 6 mos worth of health insurance in advance?

...action by a president that is 4 decades overdue.

Wait, what?

"National Guard personnel would not be allowed to arrest people crossing the border, but could provide support to the Border Patrol, much as happened in 2006 under the Bush administration, and in 2010 under the Obama administration, Nielsen said."

White House asks governors to send National Guard units to border
So, the Pres is going to save some money by sending Nat Guard units rather than hiring more people? What is he doing with that 1.9 bil he got in the budget?

I'm sure all those National Guardsmen are going to appreciate being pulled away from their families and their jobs to sit around in the desert.
Well, they look scary when they're in full uniform. Maybe they could carry their rifles, too.
If they're being deployed, it will cost more $$$ won't it? Why doesn't he just send in the Army or something?

No, Trump isn't going to save any money by sending in NG troops. Why? Because the second you activate them, they are paid full active duty pay for the rank they currently have. That is a lot of money. More than just hiring BP guards, because in addition to deploying them, they have to bring a whole bunch of gear.

And no, you cannot "just send in the Army or something", because it's illegal use of the military.

Not only that, it's a huge waste of money, because the troops won't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone. The only thing they can do is point and say "over there".

But, if they are attacked first, they can defend themselves.

Remember the sinking of the Maine and the Gulf of Tonkin, and wag the dog could happen.

Best thing for both countries is the U.S. become part of Mexico... I mean the other way, and build the wall across the Mexican border and have Mexico and the U.S. become part of Canada... I mean Canada and Mexico become part of the U.S. ...

Fuck all illegals

The richest ones. Did you know they have to buy 6 mos worth of health insurance in advance?

The only thing I know is whenever I talk to one of these Canadians they are sillier than shit.

Fuck all illegals

What do you have against Canadian Frogs?

...action by a president that is 4 decades overdue.

Wait, what?

"National Guard personnel would not be allowed to arrest people crossing the border, but could provide support to the Border Patrol, much as happened in 2006 under the Bush administration, and in 2010 under the Obama administration, Nielsen said."

White House asks governors to send National Guard units to border
So, the Pres is going to save some money by sending Nat Guard units rather than hiring more people? What is he doing with that 1.9 bil he got in the budget?

I'm sure all those National Guardsmen are going to appreciate being pulled away from their families and their jobs to sit around in the desert.
Well, they look scary when they're in full uniform. Maybe they could carry their rifles, too.
If they're being deployed, it will cost more $$$ won't it? Why doesn't he just send in the Army or something?

No, Trump isn't going to save any money by sending in NG troops. Why? Because the second you activate them, they are paid full active duty pay for the rank they currently have. That is a lot of money. More than just hiring BP guards, because in addition to deploying them, they have to bring a whole bunch of gear.

And no, you cannot "just send in the Army or something", because it's illegal use of the military.

Not only that, it's a huge waste of money, because the troops won't have the authority to arrest, detain, or shoot anyone. The only thing they can do is point and say "over there".

But, if they are attacked first, they can defend themselves.

Remember the sinking of the Maine and the Gulf of Tonkin, and wag the dog could happen.

Best thing for both countries is the U.S. become part of Mexico... I mean the other way, and build the wall across the Mexican border and have Mexico and the U.S. become part of Canada... I mean Canada and Mexico become part of the U.S. ...

The new Manifest Destiny? From Pole to Equator, and beyond?

You know, if I was a NG member and had just completed my 2 weeks of training only to come home and find out that I'd be deployed a month or two later with no definite deployment time, I'd be pissed.

You know, if I was a NG member and had just completed my 2 weeks of training only to come home and find out that I'd be deployed a month or two later with no definite deployment time, I'd be pissed.

Happens all the time.

It is one of the issues of serving in the Guard.

When we maintained a large standing Regular Army, the Guard and the Reserve got off easy. The Guard had a few riots to contend with and some
natural disasters. The Reserve had very little to upset their schedule.

Since Desert Storm, that all changed and now the Guard and Reserve are
deployed with Regular troops all the time.

But it is still an excellent paying part-time job. And many folks would rather
serve in that manner than every day of the week for 3 years

Forum List

Back