Trump says "We have to get a win ... or I will declare a national emergency."

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Not only is President Trump about to break the record for the longest shutdown in USA history tomorrow, he's going to take it on himself to end the shutdown on his own terms.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...l-emergency-border-showdown/story?id=60210784

"The White House has directed the Army Corps of Engineers to find money is its own budget that could be used to fund the president’s desired border wall under a national emergency declaration, multiple sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Earlier in the day, Trump said it would be “very surprising” for him not to declare a national emergency if he can’t make a deal with Democrats to pay for his promised border wall along the border of U.S. and Mexico.

“We have to get a win ... or I will declare a national emergency,” he said to reporters before departing for McAllen, Texas.

Under statutes in the National Emergencies Act of 1976, the president has the authority to declare a national emergency that allows him to expand his executive power."

"The president can basically declare an emergency anytime he wants,” Josh Blackman, a Constitutional law scholar at South Texas College of Law, told ABC News. “Congress has not limited the president’s discretion under the National Emergencies Act,” echoed Harold Krent, dean of the Chicago-Kent College of Law."

Not only is President Trump about to break the record for the longest shutdown in USA history tomorrow, he's going to take it on himself to end the shutdown on his own terms.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...l-emergency-border-showdown/story?id=60210784

"The White House has directed the Army Corps of Engineers to find money is its own budget that could be used to fund the president’s desired border wall under a national emergency declaration, multiple sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Earlier in the day, Trump said it would be “very surprising” for him not to declare a national emergency if he can’t make a deal with Democrats to pay for his promised border wall along the border of U.S. and Mexico.

“We have to get a win ... or I will declare a national emergency,” he said to reporters before departing for McAllen, Texas.

Under statutes in the National Emergencies Act of 1976, the president has the authority to declare a national emergency that allows him to expand his executive power."

"The president can basically declare an emergency anytime he wants,” Josh Blackman, a Constitutional law scholar at South Texas College of Law, told ABC News. “Congress has not limited the president’s discretion under the National Emergencies Act,” echoed Harold Krent, dean of the Chicago-Kent College of Law."

I can't wait till we have a Democratic President who will declare a national emergency on climate change or healthcare.

I can't wait till we have a Democratic President who will declare a national emergency on climate change or healthcare.
Or, most likely, guns!

Or, most likely, guns!

Or the widening gap between the rich and poor.

Or poverty

Or, most likely, guns!

So could Trump declare Iran is a national emergency and go to war without congressional approval?

Trump says "We have to get a win ... or I will declare a national emergency."

It’s never about what’s good for America. It’s always about what’s good for Agent Orange.

Forum List

Back