Trump says NO to declaring natl emergency

He might have the authority to do so, but sure as hell some activist liberal judge will slap an injunction on it, and the case would take quite a while to wind it's way through the courts. Meanwhile, the border wouldn't be secure, so he's going to do something else. Damned if I know what that will be, though. Some say support for the wall is increasing lately, while others say it isn't. His SOTU address is coming up, and I'm guessing he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.

He's gonna fold. Mitch can't hold out too much longer. Congress actually has to answer to constituents back home who are going broke.

He might have the authority to do so, but sure as hell some activist liberal judge will slap an injunction on it, and the case would take quite a while to wind it's way through the courts. Meanwhile, the border wouldn't be secure, so he's going to do something else. Damned if I know what that will be, though. Some say support for the wall is increasing lately, while others say it isn't. His SOTU address is coming up, and I'm guessing he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.
he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.
We wait, trembling in fear, over that one.
LOL
More like hammering himself and Repubs.

He might have the authority to do so, but sure as hell some activist liberal judge will slap an injunction on it, and the case would take quite a while to wind its way through the courts. Meanwhile, the border wouldn't be secure, so he's going to do something else. Damned if I know what that will be, though. Some say support for the wall is increasing lately, while others say it isn't. His SOTU address is coming up, and I'm guessing he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.
LOL

It is possible that the Democrats have found a way to make to Trump look presidential and themselves look worse than he is, at least on this one issue. On the face of it, it's kinda ridiculous for them to be holding up this gov't shutdown from ending for a measly $5 bil, nobody believes for a second they give a damn about spending the money and there's a lot of people who want more border security. In view of the fact that they themselves voted for a bill to build a much more expensive fence back in 2006, it's pretty obvious what's going on. And I do think it'll be a big part of his SOTU speech, whenever that is. It could be that an agreement could be reached before then, for the reason I've just mentioned. Or it could be that I am totally wrong, imagine that. Or, it could also be that between now and then Trump says or does something really stupid and the dynamic changes. With him you never know what'll happen next.

LOL

This thinking is why you will fail.
There is nothing "presidential" in a president shutting down the govt, rube.

He might have the authority to do so, but sure as hell some activist liberal judge will slap an injunction on it, and the case would take quite a while to wind its way through the courts. Meanwhile, the border wouldn't be secure, so he's going to do something else. Damned if I know what that will be, though. Some say support for the wall is increasing lately, while others say it isn't. His SOTU address is coming up, and I'm guessing he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.
LOL

It is possible that the Democrats have found a way to make to Trump look presidential and themselves look worse than he is, at least on this one issue. On the face of it, it's kinda ridiculous for them to be holding up this gov't shutdown from ending for a measly $5 bil, nobody believes for a second they give a damn about spending the money and there's a lot of people who want more border security. In view of the fact that they themselves voted for a bill to build a much more expensive fence back in 2006, it's pretty obvious what's going on. And I do think it'll be a big part of his SOTU speech, whenever that is. It could be that an agreement could be reached before then, for the reason I've just mentioned. Or it could be that I am totally wrong, imagine that. Or, it could also be that between now and then Trump says or does something really stupid and the dynamic changes. With him you never know what'll happen next.

LOL

The democrats shut it down, dingus. No negotiating, no nothing. Just NO.
I'm sure you were snickering in your basement when The Blamer freed terrorists from GITMO to kill some more Americans.
You leftist traitors must hate this country.
Thank God Trump is our President.
To borrow a phrase I once heard, "Elections have consequences".

LOL

LOL

I'm sure you were snickering in your basement when The Blamer freed terrorists from GITMO to kill some more Americans.

Don't you ever tire of getting it wrong?

Donald Trump blamed for shutdown; border wall plans fall flat

LOL

LOL

Don't you ever tire of getting it wrong?

Donald Trump blamed for shutdown; border wall plans fall flat
One poll in the Washington Slimes? Give me a break. Most Americans are on board to protect Americans.

Fire every Obama, Bush, and Clinton appointee federal judge in America.
Bubba did it.

If he were to do that, Democrats would use that precedent and declare an emergency for anything they wanted. It's the adult move to prevent the children from running wild in the future.
Basically what you are saying is that Trump threatened to smear poop all over himself because he didn't get his way -- but decided not to, because then others would smear poop all over themselves in the future...

Trump lovers are pathetic....

Forum List

Back