Trump says NO to declaring natl emergency

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
He might have the authority to do so, but sure as hell some activist liberal judge will slap an injunction on it, and the case would take quite a while to wind it's way through the courts. Meanwhile, the border wouldn't be secure, so he's going to do something else. Damned if I know what that will be, though. Some say support for the wall is increasing lately, while others say it isn't. His SOTU address is coming up, and I'm guessing he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.

He might have the authority to do so, but sure as hell some activist liberal judge will slap an injunction on it, and the case would take quite a while to wind it's way through the courts. Meanwhile, the border wouldn't be secure, so he's going to do something else. Damned if I know what that will be, though. Some say support for the wall is increasing lately, while others say it isn't. His SOTU address is coming up, and I'm guessing he wants to hammer the Dems on this issue with everybody watching.

No link?

Not that I am surprised, I noted on the threads talking about it that he would never do it. Trump talks a lot of shit and very rarely if ever backs it up.

Yes I expect the SOTU to be a long tantrum

If he were to do that, Democrats would use that precedent and declare an emergency for anything they wanted. It's the adult move to prevent the children from running wild in the future.

If he were to do that, Democrats would use that precedent and declare an emergency for anything they wanted. It's the adult move to prevent the children from running wild in the future.
Adult move? More like to prevent another wild embarrassment for this incompetent administration.

I see no reason to wait and am disappointed he hasn't followed through on his threat...it looks weak. Surely they can figure out a way to fast-track it to the USSC...what's the point of stacking the Court if you're not going to use them? Maybe they're afraid of Roberts going south like all the Bush nominees tend to do on important things. If he declared the emergency, he could end the shutdown and the Rats couldn't do shit about it...he has full legal authority to tell the Pentagon to build the Wall....the whole Wall, not just $5B worth.

I see no reason to wait and am disappointed he hasn't followed through on his threat...it looks weak. Surely they can figure out a way to fast-track it to the USSC...what's the point of stacking the Court if you're not going to use them? Maybe they're afraid of Roberts going south like all the Bush nominees tend to do on important things. If he declared the emergency, he could end the shutdown and the Rats couldn't do shit about it...he has full legal authority to tell the Pentagon to build the Wall....the whole Wall, not just $5B worth.
He is weak, a so called man in a toddler's state of mind. And the entire world bears witness as an ostensibly free people beg to be walled in with their militarized police and their mass surveillance/mass incarceration state.

He is weak, a so called man in a toddler's state of mind. And the entire world bears witness as an ostensibly free people beg to be walled in with their militarized police and their mass surveillance/mass incarceration state.

Walled in? WTF planet are you from? We want legal immmigration and not illegal immigration. Your other bullshit makes you sound like you just escaped from Cuba or Russia.

Walled in? WTF planet are you from? We want legal immmigration and not illegal immigration. Your other bullshit makes you sound like you just escaped from Cuba or Russia.
Are you still under the impression that what "the people" want matters in your economic/political system?

He's reading from a script on some eastern european bot farm. We proved over the weekend the pic he's using for his avatar isn't a photograph and is the wrong guy. :lol:

He's reading from a script on some eastern european bot farm. We proved over the weekend the pic he's using for his avatar isn't a photograph and is the wrong guy. :lol:
Whatever you do, avoid discussion. Labelling is a good face saving way out of taking on ideas and concepts. Take it to your safe sloganeering space. [Insert jr highish emoji here].

Bingo!
But dont give them too much credit. Its not like they need a precedent

Bingo!
But dont give them too much credit. Its not like they need a precedent
Like refusing to seat or even holding hearings on a president's judicial appointments?

"Neither" of your parties has earned any "credit".

Here you go:

Trump Says He Won't Declare National Emergency to Get Wall

" Trump also backed further away from the idea of declaring a national emergency as an escape hatch, saying: “I’m not looking to call a national emergency. This is so simple we shouldn’t have to.”

Saying "I'm not looking to ... " is not the same as saying "I won't".
And saying "I won't" doesn't matter, either, since it is Trump the Ever Changing who said it.

You proved that a wide array of sources do not agree with you, have you alerted them of this "emergency"? Do we need a wall or will red baiting suffice?

Forum List

Back