Trump says it's 'up to States' to decide whether to arm teachers in schools

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Omawgods! Despite all the claims by the Leftist DimocRATs that he;'s trying to take away our freedoms, President Trump is actually saying the Federalism is not the answer? That it's something engraved in the 10th Amendment of the Constitution?

How can this be?

"Armed Educators (and trusted people who work within a school) love our students and will protect them," he said Saturday on Twitter. "Very smart people. Must be firearms adept & have annual training. Should get yearly bonus. Shootings will not happen again - a big & very inexpensive deterrent. Up to States."

Trump has also said he backs several legislative changes in the wake of the Florida shooting, including strengthening background checks for prospective gun buyers, emphasizing mental-health treatment, and barring those under 21 from buying rifles.

And, of course, the Leftists instantly ask, :"Who's going to pay for it?"

There are already 18 states that allow carrying on a school grounds, if permission is granted by the principle or school board. Hopefully more will follow.

If anything, leaving it up to the individual states will only result in more school deaths in liberal states like California, Illinois, and New York.

You don't have to be a Nostradamus to see this coming.

If anything, leaving it up to the individual states will only result in more school deaths in liberal states like California, Illinois, and New York.

Remind us what state this last shooting was in?

Trump is right on this: it is a states' right issue.

Actually, it's up to the individual school districts and that is the way it should be.
School districts remain subject to state law, as you well know, Coyote.

I don't think you can mandate that teachers be armed at a state level...I think the state can permit it but the districts have to decide whether or not to implement it I would think?

Remind us what state this last shooting was in?

Were there any armed teachers in the Florida school?

Teachers aren't trained like police, in dealing with an active shooter situation. And they certainly aren't paid enough to have to add that in to their already extensive responsibilities.

Any state law will permit teachers to make that individual decision.

We had a teacher in our state with that law use the restroom and shot the toilet to pieces when her fire arm fell out of her pants.

That's one rogue toilet that won't hurt anymore children.

Omawgods! Despite all the claims by the Leftist DimocRATs that he;'s trying to take away our freedoms, President Trump is actually saying the Federalism is not the answer? That it's something engraved in the 10th Amendment of the Constitution?

How can this be?

"Armed Educators (and trusted people who work within a school) love our students and will protect them," he said Saturday on Twitter. "Very smart people. Must be firearms adept & have annual training. Should get yearly bonus. Shootings will not happen again - a big & very inexpensive deterrent. Up to States."

Trump has also said he backs several legislative changes in the wake of the Florida shooting, including strengthening background checks for prospective gun buyers, emphasizing mental-health treatment, and barring those under 21 from buying rifles.

And, of course, the Leftists instantly ask, :"Who's going to pay for it?"
The local school boards must vote on the use of handguns it has nothing to do with leftist. The president doesn't control the public school system nor do the feds......

Teachers aren't trained like police, in dealing with an active shooter situation. And they certainly aren't paid enough to have to add that in to their already extensive responsibilities.
I could never imagine being put in a position to shoot a potential student of mine.

I could never imagine being put in a position to shoot a potential student of mine.

Shooting a potential student or potentially shooting a student?

I think your sentence structure is a little vague.

Thank GOD! I was not liking the fed doing all this and had just said the other day that all of this should be left to the states and local communities.

A Donald Trump and Mike Pence “weekly newsletter” laments the horror of the Parkland school shooting that killed 17 people, then ends with a “contribute” button so people can give money ... to Trump and Pence.

The newsletter, paid for by “Donald J. Trump for President Inc,” was emailed Friday to supporters.

5a9236462000007d06eafdfb.png

Donald Trump Fundraises Off Parkland Shooting Tragedy, Touts His 'Safer Schools'

What has Trump done to make schools safer?

Forum List

Back