Trump Says He Has 600 Million To Spend And Would Go After Obama's Eligibility

Obviosuly you do have an issue that he used his fathers small amount of money to build a multi billion dollar empire...or you would not have siad it the way you said it...

But that aside...

Yes, he left his creditors in dire straights. Thus why I said I did not appreciate his tactics. But he did it so he can build his portfolio.....and to be quite frank, in todays world, having that kind of chutzpah may be what we need to compete with countries like China.

Avoid environmental impact studies and taxes? I was not aware that the election of a President means the dismantling of our legislative branch.

Kill teachers unions? I have my personal beef with the way they behave so I have no issue with it.

Kill education?

Take a look and see how UFSD's do compared to union districts...then get back to me.

actually you might want to use the word "relatively" small. having grown up not far from Trump Villiage, I can tell you, daddy was no pauper. My objection isn't to him having inherited wealth. It's to people saying he "did it on his own". He didn't. And if you started with 100 million dollars, you could do pretty much anything i'd think... at least if you didn't waste it. there are things i admire about trump. but bankrupting his companies and sticking it to his creditors repeatedly absolutely offends me.

I used to tell my clients that the Federal government, via the bankruptcy laws, gave everyone one do-over. How many times has the donald needed a do-over.

And we're going to disagree philosophically about unions and teachers, so I'm going to say we'll agree to disagree. I also don't think you're correct about the numbers.

But I will tell you that if the donald goes off on a birfer loon kick, he's got nada chance. Given that we live in a celebrity-lite society, i have no doubt that repubs would vote for him.... just as if oprah ran, she'd probably win.

personally, i don't think celebrities should be president.

Yea he has filed bankruptcy to better himself.

LoL! He filed bankruptcy to keep his own riches while completing fucking his creditors and investors.

Isnt that what Obama decided was best as it pertained to Chrysler?
Not agreeiung with the tactic...but if I recall, the law allowed it so it was OK when Obama did it for the sake of Chryslers success.....so should it not be OK that Trump did it?

Yea he has filed bankruptcy to better himself.

LoL! He filed bankruptcy to keep his own riches while completing fucking his creditors and investors.

Not agreeiung with the tactic...but if I recall, the law allowed it so it was OK when Obama did it for the sake of Chryslers success.....so should it not be OK that Trump did it?

Obama did what for Chrysler? Cerberus filed for bankruptcy on Chrysler's behalf of their own accord - and of course screwed investors and creditors along the way. The federal government simply helped finance the deal from the old Chrysler corp to the new one.

I'm not sure if the law should allow for bankruptcy filings based on the premise of corporate liability. I DO know that the law shouldn't allow for multiple bankruptcies under corporate liability where the primary owners are held harmless.

Last edited:
Got to love Donald Trump. He doesn't buy Obama's story either. He said he would spend up to 600 million of his own money to go after the presidency as well as question Obama's eligibility. I believe him. Trump knows he would be a juggernaut because no one can pay him off to be quite. He wouldn't let nothing stand in his way going after Obama's eligibility. He has a lot at stake with corporate taxes, liquid assets and real estate ventures and Obama is a thorn in his side. Yea, I can see it happening. He already says he likes Palin and praised her on two talk radio shows the other night. What I see is him going through the primarys and hammering Obama on his eligibility just to cause more doubt, bring media attention to himself, putting eligibility ads out to destroy Obama and then drop out paving the way for Palin. The man is smart. I do not believe Trump would proclaim himself a "birther" just to cater to so called "birthers". Something else is at play here, and I would not discard the possibility Trump already knows something we don't. He can certainly afford to hire an army of investigators and hire the best constitutional scholars.

In a interview with Donald Trump on ABC this morning... reporter asked Trump if he's considering running for the White House, he said yes, and "I'd put up $600mln of my own money, assuming I'm doing well".

You also believe that 6 million jews were not executed at the Holocaust, so what you believe has no real basis in reality.

Obviosuly you do have an issue that he used his fathers small amount of money to build a multi billion dollar empire...or you would not have siad it the way you said it...

But that aside...

Yes, he left his creditors in dire straights. Thus why I said I did not appreciate his tactics. But he did it so he can build his portfolio.....and to be quite frank, in todays world, having that kind of chutzpah may be what we need to compete with countries like China.

Avoid environmental impact studies and taxes? I was not aware that the election of a President means the dismantling of our legislative branch.

Kill teachers unions? I have my personal beef with the way they behave so I have no issue with it.

Kill education?

Take a look and see how UFSD's do compared to union districts...then get back to me.

actually you might want to use the word "relatively" small. having grown up not far from Trump Villiage, I can tell you, daddy was no pauper. My objection isn't to him having inherited wealth. It's to people saying he "did it on his own". He didn't. And if you started with 100 million dollars, you could do pretty much anything i'd think... at least if you didn't waste it. there are things i admire about trump. but bankrupting his companies and sticking it to his creditors repeatedly absolutely offends me.

I used to tell my clients that the Federal government, via the bankruptcy laws, gave everyone one do-over. How many times has the donald needed a do-over.

And we're going to disagree philosophically about unions and teachers, so I'm going to say we'll agree to disagree. I also don't think you're correct about the numbers.

But I will tell you that if the donald goes off on a birfer loon kick, he's got nada chance. Given that we live in a celebrity-lite society, i have no doubt that repubs would vote for him.... just as if oprah ran, she'd probably win.

Donald Trump walked in his fathers footsteps, yes, but his father was not deemed as wealthy compared to the other NYC Moguls of the time such as Harry Helmsley, Stanley Cohen, etc....and actually, his father was more of a commercial broker than a developer...selling properties.....The Donald entered his father's company...but what he inherited from his father was peanuts compared to his own personal wealth he had already developed for himself.

Yes, Donald gamed the game as it pertains to bankruptcy...but the law allowed him to do it. I do not admire him for it at all.....but I am wondering whether the time has come for us to stop being shitted on by the rest of the world.

Yes, if he goes on a birther crusade, his days as a canddiate are over...I agree.

As for celebrities being President.....Kennedy and Obama were elected based strictly on popularity...charisma if you will...and for good or bad...that is not my point...they were elected based on their celebrity.....not based on what they have done, but based on how much people liked them.

But that aside...

Kill education?

Donald Trump walked in his fathers footsteps, yes, but his father was not deemed as wealthy compared to the other NYC Moguls of the time such as Harry Helmsley, Stanley Cohen, etc....and actually, his father was more of a commercial broker than a developer...selling properties.....The Donald entered his father's company...but what he inherited from his father was peanuts compared to his own personal wealth he had already developed for himself.

Yes, Donald gamed the game as it pertains to bankruptcy...but the law allowed him to do it. I do not admire him for it at all.....but I am wondering whether the time has come for us to stop being shitted on by the rest of the world.

Yes, if he goes on a birther crusade, his days as a canddiate are over...I agree.

As for celebrities being President.....Kennedy and Obama were elected based strictly on popularity...charisma if you will...and for good or bad...that is not my point...they were elected based on their celebrity.....not based on what they have done, but based on how much people liked them.

obama was behind in the polls until the financial meltdown... he won because palin was a nutcase and mccain looked like a doddering fool saying he was going to "suspend his campaign" but not really suspending his campaign and waiting in D.C. in a hotel room while the senate worked on the bail out.

see, i'm kind of funny... i remember this stuff.

Obama did what for Chrysler? Cerberus filed for bankruptcy on Chrysler's behalf of their own accord - and of course screwed investors and creditors along the way. The federal government simply helped finance the deal from the old Chrysler corp to the new one.

I'm not sure if the law should allow for bankruptcy filings based on the premise of corporate liability. I DO know that the law shouldn't allow for multiple bankruptcies under corporate liability where the primary owners are held harmless.

Yes...the federal government with the assistance of the DoJ financed the deal...supporting the idea that the secured debt holders were the ones to get screwed as opposed to the others.

I agree....I think chapter 11 is a farce...I have been burnt by numerous companies that went chapter 11 owing me money...and the owners never lost a step in their high life as they lived better than I ever will.

But.....I still say manybe that is what we need...a man with the guts to pull crap like that. I am sick and tired of our elected officials cow towing to their base, their party...and the rest of the world for that matter.

Yes...the federal government with the assistance of the DoJ financed the deal...supporting the idea that the secured debt holders were the ones to get screwed as opposed to the others.

Are we talking about the Chrysler filing a couple years ago? I'm fairly sure the secured debt holders were made whole in that deal. Equity holders were (rightfully) bled dry - but that's the risk of holding equity, right?

Debt holders were left with partial repayments in the GM deal because there were competing claims by both debt-holders and the union,

I agree....I think chapter 11 is a farce...I have been burnt by numerous companies that went chapter 11 owing me money...and the owners never lost a step in their high life as they lived better than I ever will.

^Indeed. I know there needs to be some level of shielding, but there's got to be a way to claw back a certain amount from the largest holders.

But.....I still say manybe that is what we need...a man with the guts to pull crap like that. I am sick and tired of our elected officials cow towing to their base, their party...and the rest of the world for that matter.

That too!

Now erin go bragh!
guinness-draft1.jpg

Last edited:

obama was behind in the polls until the financial meltdown... he won because palin was a nutcase and mccain looked like a doddering fool saying he was going to "suspend his campaign" but not really suspending his campaign and waiting in D.C. in a hotel room while the senate worked on the bail out.

see, i'm kind of funny... i remember this stuff.

Obama was ahead n the polls well before Palin came in the picture. Her initial celebrity boosted McCain...but McCain was never in the lead.
And putting aside the spin that the media and the left succesfully made people believe as fact...

McCain wanted to put his personal appearances and road trip on hold so he can get back to the senate...Yes, he used the word campaign.....but anyone who was paying attention knew dam well he meant his road trip. No one in their right mind should have believed the spin that he ALSO meant pulling all ads that were pre paid...and pulling down signs....and stopping ralleys he was not slated to attend to begin with.

Come on Jill...that spin and rheotric was designed for the poorly educated and blind followers....you cant tell me you really beleived that spin.

Secured debt holders were actually put below the employees in that filing.
It was fought and the DoJ intervened and fought AGAINST the secured debt holders...and won.

Why is this in the media section? This should be in politics since Trump might run for president.

Obama was ahead n the polls well before Palin came in the picture. Her initial celebrity boosted McCain...but McCain was never in the lead.
And putting aside the spin that the media and the left succesfully made people believe as fact...

McCain wanted to put his personal appearances and road trip on hold so he can get back to the senate...Yes, he used the word campaign.....but anyone who was paying attention knew dam well he meant his road trip. No one in their right mind should have believed the spin that he ALSO meant pulling all ads that were pre paid...and pulling down signs....and stopping ralleys he was not slated to attend to begin with.

Come on Jill...that spin and rheotric was designed for the poorly educated and blind followers....you cant tell me you really beleived that spin.

I'm going to disagree with you. I was addicted to the polls at that point. But if you showed me differently, I'd believe you. What you're referring to is that Obama went up in the polls immediately following the democratic convention. Then McCain went back up on the heels of the republican convention.

I think you're the one who's spinning, my friend. McCain looked like a doddering fool. And the thing is, had he been the McCain he was in 2000, he'd have won.

picking palin killed his campaign. she raised his numbers initially, but the more she talked, the worse she (and by extension, he) looked.

I'm going to disagree with you. I was addicted to the polls at that point. But if you showed me differently, I'd believe you. What you're referring to is that Obama went up in the polls immediately following the democratic convention. Then McCain went back up on the heels of the republican convention.

I think you're the one who's spinning, my friend. McCain looked like a doddering fool. And the thing is, had he been the McCain he was in 2000, he'd have won.

picking palin killed his campaign. she raised his numbers initially, but the more she talked, the worse she (and by extension, he) looked.

I will defer to you on the polls. I seemed to have remembered differently but I was not a poll addict as you were....so I will gladly admit I may be wrong.

I disagree about why he looked like a diddering fool. The press spun his intentions...so yes...that certianly made him look foolish.....for when he has certain intentions and it is reported that his intentions are something else, yes, he will look foolish.

If I were to say publicly that I am going to fill the bucket......and my intentions were to get a bucket of water......but you are told my intentions are to get a bucket of sand...I will look foolish when I walk toward the pool, bucket in hand.

And as for him being the McCain of 2000...he was....He was not some freshman senator in 2000 who changed over 8 years....he was a man whose focus didnt change. You were victimized by the way he was painted by the media and his adversaries. Very much like Kerry was....and Dukakis years ago.....Hart.....I can go on.

As for Palin....that horse has been beaten to death. Not worth commenting on.

Obama raises a shitload of money himself but Hillary and Bill are the two best fundraisers ever. Not to mention other Democrats like Howard Dean.

Trump is throwing his money away and he'll step out way before he loses 600 million.

Secured debt holders were actually put below the employees in that filing.
It was fought and the DoJ intervened and fought AGAINST the secured debt holders...and won.

Oh - I did not know that! Thanks.

<I thought that was the case with GM, didn't know it about Chrysler>.

At any rate, Guinness time...enjoy.

Forum List

Back