Trump raises taxes on the rich. Now they pay their fair share. Liberals rejoice

Everyone SHOULD rejoice when the rich pay their fair share.

It’s only fair.

Beating my usual drum on this subject, next year's sequel will be bigger than this year's rehearsal of destroying the blue wall.

6 years ago, Crazy Bernie said the American dream can be lived in Venezuela. he just took it off his website!

Liberals: We want wind power, we want solar power.

Liberals: Those goddamn wind farms are killing birds, those solar farms are destroying the desert ecosystem.

LOL. You and your crazy false equivalences. One of these stances is rational. The other, not so much. One of these stances could come from a liberal, perhaps. The other, not so much. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which.

i am so happy for you guys.

Trump did what you never thought he would do. He raised taxes on the rich...just like you wanted.

You guys sure have been wrong about Trump a lot.

The Rich are going to pay their fair share!!

....and there was much rejoicing.

I'm sure Trump will accept apologies and thank yous for raising taxes on the rich.
When did he raise taxes on the rich? He did promise that when he was a candidate but I don't recall him doing it. Are you just lying like usual?

Beto said he would support taxing the wealth of the country’s super-rich. And before you conservatives lose your shit, Trump said the same thing when he was running. Maybe Beto means it though.

Fundamental to this experiment of America and democracy is ensuring we don’t have princes and princesses, kings and queens, a concentration of wealth and power and privilege, and that’s exactly what we have in this country right now. So both for reasons of generating the revenue that we need and reasons to achieve the political democracy by having an economic democracy, some part of that wealth that has been built up and continues to be built up and receives favorable preferential treatment in the tax code must be taxed for our common benefit,” he added.

Most Democrats support rolling back all or a portion of President Donald Trump’s tax cuts. Hell Beto, don’t just roll back the Trump tax breaks, roll back the Bush tax breaks too, then Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts if you really want to make America great again.

He removed SALT deductions.

Explain to the class how that affected the rich.

I’ll hang up and listen.

This actually hurts rich people in blue states. This is Trump punishing blue states for not voting for him.

What a dishonest fuck you are.

Repealing SALT deduction cap would largely benefit wealthy: analysis

if the deduction cap is repealed retroactively to the start of this year, 56.5 percent of the tax cut would go to households in the top 1 percent of income in 2018. More than 96 percent of the benefit would go to taxpayers in the top fifth of income — those with income of more than $153,000.

Almost 95 percent of the benefit would go to those in the top 20 percent of income, according to the Tax Policy Center.

Repealing the SALT deduction cap is a top tax priority for many Democratic lawmakers, particularly in high-tax states such as New York and New Jersey.

But the amendment was rejected, with Republicans arguing that it would largely help the wealthy.

Howard Gleckman, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center, wrote in a blog post that Republicans' arguments against restoring the full SALT deduction are "largely supported by TPC’s analysis."

But Gleckman also said that high-income taxpayers in high-tax states tend to benefit less from the 2017 tax law than high-income taxpayers in low-tax states do.

“Numbers don’t lie. The data we have is conclusive: the overwhelming majority of New Jerseyans who use state and local tax deductions are squarely in the middle-class," Pascrell said. "These are people just trying to have enough money to keep up on mortgage payments, pay for the next family vacation, weather surprise medical costs, or afford college textbooks. SALT deductions have helped pay for all of these life necessities for years and years. And, importantly, this deduction allowed state and local governments to raise revenue for critical services without encroachment from the federal government."

Now don't call back.

i am so happy for you guys.

Trump did what you never thought he would do. He raised taxes on the rich...just like you wanted.

You guys sure have been wrong about Trump a lot.

The Rich are going to pay their fair share!!

....and there was much rejoicing.

I'm sure Trump will accept apologies and thank yous for raising taxes on the rich.
When did he raise taxes on the rich? He did promise that when he was a candidate but I don't recall him doing it. Are you just lying like usual?

Beto said he would support taxing the wealth of the country’s super-rich. And before you conservatives lose your shit, Trump said the same thing when he was running. Maybe Beto means it though.

Fundamental to this experiment of America and democracy is ensuring we don’t have princes and princesses, kings and queens, a concentration of wealth and power and privilege, and that’s exactly what we have in this country right now. So both for reasons of generating the revenue that we need and reasons to achieve the political democracy by having an economic democracy, some part of that wealth that has been built up and continues to be built up and receives favorable preferential treatment in the tax code must be taxed for our common benefit,” he added.

Most Democrats support rolling back all or a portion of President Donald Trump’s tax cuts. Hell Beto, don’t just roll back the Trump tax breaks, roll back the Bush tax breaks too, then Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts if you really want to make America great again.

He removed SALT deductions.

Explain to the class how that affected the rich.

I’ll hang up and listen.

You are referring to Trump's war on Blue States?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Blue-state Republicans embraced the 2017 tax cuts. It may have cost them.

Exit polls found voters didn’t really warm to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Some 45% said they had seen no impact from it, while 28% said they’d been helped and 23% said they’d been hurt.

Liberals: We want wind power, we want solar power.

Liberals: Those goddamn wind farms are killing birds, those solar farms are destroying the desert ecosystem.

LOL. You and your crazy false equivalences. One of these stances is rational. The other, not so much. One of these stances could come from a liberal, perhaps. The other, not so much. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which.

Wind farms KILL large numbers of endangered bird species which is a Federal CRIME. Obama had to sign an EO to keep wind farm operators from being arrested and going to prison.

Forum List

Back