Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

The funniest thing about it the left can't blame it on big oil like ExxonMobil, they are against Trump pulling out

Lmfao

Nope. The only person to blame is Trump himself. What an ignorant old man he is turning out to be.

What are you talking about? Obama went around Congress, live by the EO die by the EO

Keep politics out of this, Bear. This is more important than that. There's only one planet. We were given the brains to figure out how to fix our mistakes. Why don't you want to?
The whole thing is political... lol
Obama skirted the law. Fact
How is us pulling out of this going to hurt us? How is it going to slow down R&D?
R&D flourishes when our backs are up against the wall. We've known the good side of solar and wind power since the 60's. Nothing was done on any scale because it wasn't profitable. It will remain that way unless it's something companies are pressured to convert to.

Pressured to convert to? Do you really want a gov't that does that? Slippery slope.

The funniest thing about it the left can't blame it on big oil like ExxonMobil, they are against Trump pulling out

Lmfao

Nope. The only person to blame is Trump himself. What an ignorant old man he is turning out to be.

What are you talking about? Obama went around Congress, live by the EO die by the EO

Keep politics out of this, Bear. This is more important than that. There's only one planet. We were given the brains to figure out how to fix our mistakes. Why don't you want to?
How is us pulling out of this going to hurt us? How is it going to slow down R&D?
R&D flourishes when our backs are up against the wall. We've known the good side of solar and wind power since the 60's. Nothing was done on any scale because it wasn't profitable. It will remain that way unless it's something companies are pressured to convert to.
Keep your startrek shit to yourselves... leave the rest of us out of it.

Seems that way but they are anonymous sources
Trump pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal: Axios report

WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump has decided to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, Axios news outlet reported on Wednesday, citing two unidentified sources with direct knowledge of the decision.

Trump who has previously called global warming a hoax, refused to endorse the landmark climate change accord at a summit of the G7 group of wealthy nations on Saturday, saying he needed more time to decide. He then tweeted that he would make an announcement this week.

Fox News also cited an unidentified source confirming the pullout.
The decision to withdraw from the climate accord was influenced by a letter from 22 Republican U.S. senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling for an exit, Axios reported.
Good!
Shit wasn't even voted on. Remember Earnests words in 2015?
I think it’s hard to take seriously from some Members of Congress who deny the fact that climate change exists, that they should have some opportunity to render judgment about a climate change agreement
One of the biggest loads of partisan bullshit I have ever heard. He should have been shunned for that
Oh well
:eusa_dance:
Bad.
I hope the anonymous sources are wrong. This is going to be bigger than Russia for 48 hours. You watch.
I don't think so. The media Russia lie has been going for over 6 months without one piece of evidence. No telling how long this latest lie will run, and no telling how many gullible fools, once having seen it "on tv", will swear by it.
Only for 48 hours, Mike. Then the Russia thing will be back 24/7. I predict a real fuss if he pulls out of the climate agreement. You ain't seen a fuss 'til you piss off the tree huggers AND the scientists and the majority of the world. It's going to be loud. For 2 days.

Keep your startrek shit to yourselves... leave the rest of us out of it.
Startrek shit?
I like it.

Seems that way but they are anonymous sources
Trump pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal: Axios report

WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump has decided to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, Axios news outlet reported on Wednesday, citing two unidentified sources with direct knowledge of the decision.

Trump who has previously called global warming a hoax, refused to endorse the landmark climate change accord at a summit of the G7 group of wealthy nations on Saturday, saying he needed more time to decide. He then tweeted that he would make an announcement this week.

Fox News also cited an unidentified source confirming the pullout.
The decision to withdraw from the climate accord was influenced by a letter from 22 Republican U.S. senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling for an exit, Axios reported.
Good!
Shit wasn't even voted on. Remember Earnests words in 2015?
I think it’s hard to take seriously from some Members of Congress who deny the fact that climate change exists, that they should have some opportunity to render judgment about a climate change agreement
One of the biggest loads of partisan bullshit I have ever heard. He should have been shunned for that
Oh well
:eusa_dance:
Bad.
I hope the anonymous sources are wrong. This is going to be bigger than Russia for 48 hours. You watch.
I don't think so. The media Russia lie has been going for over 6 months without one piece of evidence. No telling how long this latest lie will run, and no telling how many gullible fools, once having seen it "on tv", will swear by it.
Only for 48 hours, Mike. Then the Russia thing will be back 24/7. I predict a real fuss if he pulls out of the climate agreement. You ain't seen a fuss 'til you piss off the tree huggers AND the scientists and the majority of the world. It's going to be loud. For 2 days.
Then Trump should nuke paris. That'll teach those nazi ass kissers!

Lmfao

Big oil invested huge on R&D and on green energy in the past and found it was not profitable... Good thing we do have a warning earth because it saves on heating homes in the winter foor the poor

No?

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?
Yes, because its that simple..
Well it's not going to get any easier if we don't get started. Norway is now 50% electric cars. 80% of their power is hydroelectric. Now they're a lot smaller than us; I get that. But it can be done.
yea, and they also had to rollback incentives because the country couldn't handle it. Also, with them eliminating tax on ECs, the cost went up 50%. Now that incentives are loosening, people will get fucked. Excellent point. Thanks for bringing that up.

It may (?) be constitutional for the President to make these kinds of deals, but I think anything that requires commitments to spend our tax dollars ought to be approved by Congress.
circular 175 procedure would determine if it was a "treaty" or not. Treaties MUST go through congress according to Article 2 section 2.
In fact, I have read about some agreement from the executive branch to congress that they would go through them before climate agreements. Targets and timetables and such. That agreement was made so that UNSCC would get ratified.

Got it. I'm saying we should treat it as a de facto treaty whether it meets the definition or not if it requires the US to pass laws or standards and spend money on compliance. I think the power of the Executive Branch is a little too strong and ought to be tempered by Congress and the Courts when appropriate.
Absolutely. I am a staunch opponent of Executives orders because of that.
We will be giving them billions a year(could be less, could be more) and not go through congress? Give me a break!

Lmfao

"pressured to" doesn't mean by government FORCE ;)

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?
where is that car today?

Well it's not going to get any easier if we don't get started. Norway is now 50% electric cars. 80% of their power is hydroelectric. Now they're a lot smaller than us; I get that. But it can be done.
yea, and they also had to rollback incentives because the country couldn't handle it. Also, with them eliminating tax on ECs, the cost went up 50%. Now that incentives are loosening, people will get fucked. Excellent point. Thanks for bringing that up.
I JUST saw it on the news last night, so I don't know where you're getting your information from. And there is nothing wrong in overcoming the challenges of conversion that is so embedded in our infrastructure. I never said it was going to be EASY or even SIMPLE. I just said if you want a planet for your grandkids, it's time to stop ignoring the impact fossil fuels have on our planet. That's all.

Mankind was always going to destroy itself regardless. Now it will just be sooner rather than later.
how?
By any means possible. That's our nature. We are a virus (that kills its host).
sorry, but that doesn't say shit. please explain what will happen if we back out. give details. Obviously, you've given this great thought. so share our doom with us. What is going to happen?
The timeframe for "doom" is in generations. Just not as many if humans just keep doing what they're doing (and its likely already too late).

Mankind was always going to destroy itself regardless. Now it will just be sooner rather than later.
How does backing out of this accomplish that?
It gives cover to all other nations, China for example, to burn (that oil) baby burn.

Which they are going to do anyway.
Potentially but - now for sure.
it's guaranteed.

where is that car today?
Ah, on the road. It's just not all of them. And 400 miles to the gallon is what we need.

Lmfao

what mistake other than Paris agreement?

I JUST saw it on the news last night, so I don't know where you're getting your information from. And there is nothing wrong in overcoming the challenges of conversion that is so embedded in our infrastructure. I never said it was going to be EASY or even SIMPLE. I just said if you want a planet for your grandkids, it's time to stop ignoring the impact fossil fuels have on our planet. That's all.
So what? You think you are going to watch news that tells the reality of it?
So rich people can have cars, poor people cant. Why do you hate poor people?

Forum List

Back