Trump proves Iran attacked Saudi Arabia

I don't miss that! In central Florida, I have not turned on the heat in two years.
I lived near Central Florida for 10 years, right before moving up to New England.

and added up... Dade and Broward for another 10 years....

I don't miss my AC ...electric bills which were very high, especially for the summer....

It's kind of the complete opposite up here.... in the spring summer and fall, our windows are open most of the time, no use of AC at all...unless a heat wave shows up but mostly the nights in summer can be mid 50's to mid 60's,which cools down the house nicely.and during the summer days, we may,,, if lucky, hit 75 to 80 degrees, inland might get warmer, but I am on the ocean, less than a mile... which is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter due to the water in the ocean... than most of inland Maine.

so all the big bucks spent on heating or cooling is spent in the winter, summers are cheap... electric runs around $60 bucks a month.... we have no electric water heater and tank, it runs off of the oil furnace.... thank GOD summers are cheap! Cuz the costs in winter damn near puts us in bankruptcy! :lol::eek:
I moved from New England to Florida because of the taxes and heating costs.

and gained other taxes and AC cost!
My electric bill is usually 100 in the summer. It was higher in CT. No state income tax or property tax-over 8000 in CT. My oil was 200 per month on budget plan in CT. Easy choice.

you don't own property?
Not now-but the 700 I paid for car taxes in CT is not charged in FL

I lived near Central Florida for 10 years, right before moving up to New England.

I don't miss my AC ...electric bills which were very high, especially for the summer....

It's kind of the complete opposite up here.... in the spring summer and fall, our windows are open most of the time, no use of AC at all...unless a heat wave shows up but mostly the nights in summer can be mid 50's to mid 60's,which cools down the house nicely.and during the summer days, we may,,, if lucky, hit 75 to 80 degrees, inland might get warmer, but I am on the ocean, less than a mile... which is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter due to the water in the ocean... than most of inland Maine.

so all the big bucks spent on heating or cooling is spent in the winter, summers are cheap... electric runs around $60 bucks a month.... we have no electric water heater and tank, it runs off of the oil furnace.... thank GOD summers are cheap! Cuz the costs in winter damn near puts us in bankruptcy! :lol::eek:

My electric bill is usually 100 in the summer. It was higher in CT. No state income tax or property tax-over 8000 in CT. My oil was 200 per month on budget plan in CT. Easy choice.

you don't own property?

They make up for it with the 10th highest gas tax in the nation.

you don't own property?

I paid 2.79 in CT this summer, and 2.39 when I got back to Fl.

you don't own property?

I paid 2.79 in CT this summer, and 2.39 when I got back to Fl.
And CT is number 9

gas is 2.45 a gallon and heating oil is 2.79 a gallon, up here, of which I just bought 200 gallons to fill the tank for the first ... of 3 fills I will need for the winter! OUCH! :eek:
I don't miss that! In central Florida, I have not turned on the heat in two years.

We were in Massachusetts, a new job that paid me $35k MORE than I was making in Florida, brought us up here... the hubby said yes to the move, and quit his job to move up here...... he was a huge Celtics fan...besides loving me, the Celtics at the time, was his main reason!!! :lol:

We moved to Maine a few years after 9/11, to slow down, smell the roses, connect with nature....property taxes in Mass were more than double vs Maine!!! :eek:

Forum List

Back