Trump proposes reducing Americans ability to buy prescription drugs

The overdoses have nothing to do with over prescription of drugs. Most of the people overdosing have never been hurt or on prescription dtugs. The kids in high school never got a prescription for opiates. They started out getting a supply from the school drug dealer.

People today just don't want to deal with living. It's too hard. They want to just get high. Just go from one high to the next. Maybe smoke a little pot to keep them in the mood.

The overdoses have nothing to do with over prescription of drugs.
Of course, every available measure shows that is wrong. The overprescription of opiods has created opioid addicts, who in turn then turn to other sources of opioids, when their prescriptions end. These oppiods are often laced with fentanyl, which causes overdoses. It's awfully hard to have an honest discussion about this with a bunch of people running around refusing to accept the most basic facts of the topic.

I actually agree with this.

Go after the doctors who overprescribe.

There are pill mills all over the nation.
Maine, at least my part of Maine, has been in the grips of an opioid epidemic for decades. It was all oxycodone for about 15-20 years, mostly smuggled in from Canada and sold by people getting scripts from their doctors. Then Maine did what you are proposing. Maine severely cracked down on overprescribing, instituted a massive education campaign for the DOCTORS, and started a statewide online tracking service that shows every prescription for an opioid that is filled in a Maine pharmacy, so they could stop people from going to several doctors for multiple scrips. At the same time, customs and DEA severely cut the amount of oxycodone coming to us illegally.

So, as law enforcement officials predicted, everyone switched to heroin. We have dealers from the Bronx and Boston up here selling their shit and kids in high school are shooting up and
they're dying in record numbers, from the fentanyl cut in.

It's a great idea, but it is not going to solve the problem.
Quit trying to save everyone...….all youre doing is punishing the innocent. I will bet the Dr's family and friends will get whatever meds they need while they saddle the rest of us with whatever stupid idea they think you'll accept...uummm.uummmm mind control....uuummmm ummmm.....oh and no doubt big corp will be right there profiting off crap mandated that doesn't work
I would like someone to explain to me how cutting production 10% in an environment that shows blatant over prescription will lead to such "shortages", when that overprescritption is also addressed.
reaaly quite simple..those who seek it illegally will still get all they want while the law abiding cant get what works but will be handed cookie cutter do goooder solutions....already happening,.
And yet the correlation between overdoses and opiod prescriptions is undeniable. Should we go with your gut feelings, or the empirical data?
Do you need a new law to deal with DR's writing 1000's of prescriptions for dealers......We had U of M students peddling every kind of prescription med by the pill,,,,dont think anyone went to jail....but when
I have an operation, they tried 3 different meds overnite to see which worked best....dilaudid, Percocet and an oxy.....effectiveness in that order quess which one I ended up with ...the one that had no effect. Some fine Dr.ing right there

Maine, at least my part of Maine, has been in the grips of an opioid epidemic for decades. It was all oxycodone for about 15-20 years, mostly smuggled in from Canada and sold by people getting scripts from their doctors. Then Maine did what you are proposing. Maine severely cracked down on overprescribing, instituted a massive education campaign for the DOCTORS, and started a statewide online tracking service that shows every prescription for an opioid that is filled in a Maine pharmacy, so they could stop people from going to several doctors for multiple scrips. At the same time, customs and DEA severely cut the amount of oxycodone coming to us illegally.

So, as law enforcement officials predicted, everyone switched to heroin. We have dealers from the Bronx and Boston up here selling their shit and kids in high school are shooting up and

Quit trying to save everyone...….all youre doing is punishing the innocent. I will bet the Dr's family and friends will get whatever meds they need while they saddle the rest of us with whatever stupid idea they think you'll accept...uummm.uummmm mind control....uuummmm ummmm.....oh and no doubt big corp will be right there profiting off crap mandated that doesn't work
I would like someone to explain to me how cutting production 10% in an environment that shows blatant over prescription will lead to such "shortages", when that overprescritption is also addressed.
reaaly quite simple..those who seek it illegally will still get all they want while the law abiding cant get what works but will be handed cookie cutter do goooder solutions....already happening,.
And yet the correlation between overdoses and opiod prescriptions is undeniable. Should we go with your gut feelings, or the empirical data?

Have you ever heard the expression "correlation does not imply causation"?

Perhaps you should look it up.

Whatever dumbass....govt screams crisis and rubes yell save me mommy.

As usual we don't need more laws, we simply need the ones we have enforced.

Maybe they should teach kids about the dangers of drug abuse.
Show them what is does to people.
Show them the before and after pictures of meth heads, crack heads and heroin junkies.

Racist. We should give them taxpayer funded free heroin.

Of course, every available measure shows that is wrong. The overprescription of opiods has created opioid addicts, who in turn then turn to other sources of opioids, when their prescriptions end. These oppiods are often laced with fentanyl, which causes overdoses. It's awfully hard to have an honest discussion about this with a bunch of people running around refusing to accept the most basic facts of the topic.
True. The prescription addicts are just not in the majority. The majority of addicts started out with street dealers. All these kids overdosing in school did not start out with prescription opiates. They started out with pot, shrooms, cocaine. Then they got samples of something better.

True. The prescription addicts are just not in the majority. The majority of addicts started out with street dealers. All these kids overdosing in school did not start out with prescription opiates. They started out with pot, shrooms, cocaine. Then they got samples of something better.

I disagree to an extent.

Many potheads don’t dig the opioid buzz. It’s an entirely different drug experience.

It’s like comparing caffeine to meth.

Waaa Trump won't do anything about Big Pharma churning out millions of opiods. Waaa Trump won't do anything about doctors overprescribing opiates.

Oh wait.

Hmm

Waaa Trump wants to stop Mexicans and Chinese workers from bringing in thousands of pounds of opiates. Waaa he's a racist.

Whatever dumbass....govt screams crisis and rubes yell save me mommy.

No shit dumbfuck, that is the very thing I am arguing against.

Waaa Trump won't do anything about Big Pharma churning out millions of opiods. Waaa Trump won't do anything about doctors overprescribing opiates.

Oh wait.

Hmm

Waaa Trump wants to stop Mexicans and Chinese workers from bringing in thousands of pounds of opiates. Waaa he's a racist.

Waaaa....I want the nanny state to save me from myself...Trump save us...

Fucking statist

Bullshit, pot does not lead to opiates, that is just a bullshit myth

Forum List

Back